Nitrous on a G35 Coupe

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

BlackJack40 wrote:Will start off on air filter mods (They recommend Wolf Technology over K&N and I am doing research on that now) and exhaust.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe what JWT uses IS K&N.

BlackJack40
Car: Women, Anime and Cars

Not sure about that. I am just going off what I was told by the mechanics. You should check to see if they customize AF's for the G35 or Z. I know they were getting 2HP off a K&N and 6 off a AF Product of JWT. I know it's not K&N brand because that's what they told me. I know that, because I asked about K&N and they replied..."Ahhh we were getting 2HP from K&N and tried..this..and that...from JTW and got 6HP...we recomment this over K&N...etc."I interpreted it as another filter all together.

http://www.mossyperformance.com/mossy.html

make any inquiry here if you'd like.

Peace,

Todd

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

what would you like to know about the ECU setup Todd?I'm using a combination of my own design combining LT1 and LS1 edit for the camaros, and Top Secret's program for tuning SR20DET and RB25DET, RB26DETT ECU's. The formulation is fairly simple when you get into the functionality of the ECU. Really, it's all based on if, then tables.

BlackJack40

Right on! That makes sense. I have never actually seen one in use. I have only read a little about them. If you have any links to some good reading material that would be sic. Not really sold on the idea yet of putting an ECU in a 35 Sport that has 2K and a lot of warranty to go =)

By the way, just curious, what does your I/O Setup look like? Where do they place your ECU Unit normally? Do you use a laptop or do they supply you their customer I/O Machine?

Thanks!

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

I'm running a laptop, what you have to understand is that I wrote a lot of the software I'm using.The only other people tuning G35 computers are NISMO, and Nissan Motorsports North America.

BlackJack40

Yeah, I am on the networking side..... Not too much into programming, though I plan to learn some PERL or PYTHON in the near future. I want to learn more about ECU's as I have stated, but in the end, obviously, I will leave it to the professionals.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”