Nissan Versa reliability (Please sign up if you're new)

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Old Blue
Car: 2007 Nissan Vera SL

We took delivery of our company Versa on June 30th, 2007. First time I tried to get fuel, the door wouldn't open.

We too have a disconnected cable.

Other then that we're over 3,000 trouble free miles and after pumping up the tires to 35lbs, the last tank delivered 36.4 MPG!

So what's the trick to fixing the fuel door cable?

mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

In the cases I'm aware of, the dealer fixed the cable. Sometimes more than once.

army80
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

Just joined up! Just bought a Black 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan with Convenience package

dnorth98

Finally got around to signing up (hey, we've had our 08 Versa 3 weeks now )

Alannah
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa Sedan, manual 1.8 S model in Magnetic Grey

I have had my 2007 Versa sedan for 7 days, and it is in the shop right now because the hood wouldn't close (and then at the dealership they got it to close but couldn't get it to open). I thought for sure it was a broken cable but they told me that wasn't it... I'm waiting for a call to find out what's wrong. I hope this isn't the start of an ongoing problem (I've been reading this board and it seems like broken/disconnected cables are fairly common).

Anyway, I just joined up for reliability reporting on True Delta!

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

i signed up :D

versa23

I am in the process of signing up right now. I have a 1.8 SL and so far, am loving it. The only problem I've had in the 6 weeks that I've had the car is that I can't get the fuel door to open.

mkaresh

Unfortunately, that's a very common problem. The cable detaches. I assume Nissan has devised a fix that lasts by now. Maybe not?

Over 180 now enrolled. How soon 200?

boingo82
Car: 08 Versa SL CVT!

Bought an 08 SL with convenience and audio yesterday, and I enrolled. :D

versakid
Car: 2007 nissan versa sedan

i just singed up, i had my versa for 5 months now , at 4350 miles the service engine soon light came up, i brought the car to the dealer and they pluged it in the computer, they told me it was my gas knob. they told me that when i pumped gas i havr to turn the knob all the way till it clicks. 3 days later the service engine light came on again, went back to the dealer and they said the same code came up when they did a diagnosis test, they checked the wires and fuel pumps and nothing was wrong, so now im driving with the service engine light on, till they get bacj=k at me to let me know whats wrong with my car!!

mkaresh

Thanks for signing up.

I wouldn't get too strung out about that light, this sort of thing is quite common these days, and with many different cars. The most common cause is the gasket on the gas cap. These often end up getting replaced. As problems go, a minor one--if you don't have to endure too many shop visits in the process.

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

I just register my 08 Versa !!

MarauderX
Car: 2 Versas!

Out of the 2 Versas we have, I was only able to register 1 of them. The website said that there was a duplication error.

So 1 of 2 for now.

mkaresh

Put something unique in the "license plate" field so you can tell the cars apart, and you can enter more than one. If you don't remember the plate, or even if you do, I generally recommend that people with two of a model put the color in there, or the bodystyle, or whatever can be used to easily tell them apart.

ericb2410
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sedan SL (CVT)

Signed up.

CARI0CA
Car: 2008 Versa SL hatch (CVT), 1990 Lada Samara 1.5, 1989 Ford F150, 1986 GSXR-1100

Just had my 1st service on my '08 Versa SL hatch CVT. Just over 3200 km (not the 6k in 3 months since purchasing). It was done @ Stadium Nissan, where I purchased.

No problems.

Just a question: Why does the "Air Con" automatically turn on (or default in other words) when I have selected defrost/heat mode with the fan engaged? I thus have to shut off. This even happends when I fire up the car & the air cond does the same thing... I did not have the chance to ask the service dept @ dealership.

mkaresh

As far as I know, the air con is automatically turned on in every current car that has it when you select defrost above a certain ambient temperature. This is because dry air is best for defogging the windshield, and the air conditioner dehumidifies the air.

mkaresh

Looks like a bunch of threads got unstuck in this forum, including this one.

The number of 2007s remains stuck in the 190s. Number of 2008s is up to 36.

Of these 2008 owners, only 13 of these have responded to the survey so far, for a total of 33 months of data. I only show a result at all if there are at least 45 months of data, and asterisk this result unless there are at least 75 months of data.

At this point, there's virtually no chance of a result without an asterisk. I think most people simply took delivery too recently.

But there could well be an asterisked result. Just need at least 12 more months of data (and the more, the better).

A follow-up email with links to the survey goes out tomorrow. If you've already signed up, please respond to it. If you haven't yet signed up, please consider doing so.

Details and link to the enrollment form here:

Auto reliability research

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

C'mon you '08 slackers, sign up!

mkaresh

The 2008s aren't doing too badly, seeing as the model year is just a few months old.

It's the 2007s that have become a bit frustrating. One the one hand, have more of them than anything else. On the other, we've been stuck in the 190s for months. I've been wanting to give NICO credit for getting the 2007 Versa to 200 before any other model, but it can't seem to quite get there...

frankoV
Car: 2008 SL Sedan, Magnetic Grey, CVT

Ever Victorious wrote:C'mon you '08 slackers, sign up!
What do you want from me?

I've had the beauty/been on the road 48 . . . no, 49 hours now.

I press the gas pedal, it goes. I press the brakes, it stops.

I let my daughter drive it [shudder shudder] and it came back in one piece, no scratches or dents [whew!].

The only glitch was that when my wife drove it home from the dealership she soon pulled over and complained about wind noise. After about 15 feet of driving I concluded that the passenger window was slightly open. Closed it, no more wind noise . . . but I don't think that qualifies as a "problem".

Up to 300km . . . still gas in the tank.

mkaresh

To minimize bias, the research collects data going forward. So when you've just bought the car is the best time to join.

Also, cars without repairs are just as important as those with them. What you want is a representative mix of the two. That's why I only collect data on things that occur after someone signs up (with the exception of the first month), because they don't yet know whether or not they'll have repairs to report.

No one else does it this way.

Make sense?

mkaresh

Updated results in early May. Great participation from this group--but with sample sizes, more is always better.

To help make it better:

Vehicle reliability research

Papa Don't Take No Mess
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback Automatic (without the CVT)

Signed up my 2007 SL hatchback. I have had no issues.

Mileage: 21,136Average miles per gallon: 30.1Best Tank: 33.0Worst Tank: 27.5

feloniousmonk

versakid wrote:i just singed up, i had my versa for 5 months now , at 4350 miles the service engine soon light came up, i brought the car to the dealer and they pluged it in the computer, they told me it was my gas knob. they told me that when i pumped gas i havr to turn the knob all the way till it clicks. 3 days later the service engine light came on again, went back to the dealer and they said the same code came up when they did a diagnosis test, they checked the wires and fuel pumps and nothing was wrong, so now im driving with the service engine light on, till they get bacj=k at me to let me know whats wrong with my car!!
Most new cars and newish cars have pressurized tanks to help reduce emissions. If the gas cap isn't tightened properly the tank won't be able to pressurize correctly which will then trigger the warning light. Always make sure the threads on the cap line up properly, then tighten until you hear clicks. Also check to see if the gasket on the cap is in good condition.

mkaresh

Sooo close.

Looks like the 2007 Versa will be 30 months short of being the first model with over 1,000 months of data.

Almost guaranteed for August, though.

Additional participants always helpful.

mkaresh

I believe I posted the latest results in a new thread.

In case I did not, here they are again: both the 2007 and 2008 have average repair rates, maybe a bit better than average.

Additional participants always helpful.

For the full set of results, and sign up to help (if you haven't already):

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

chipmunk76
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback, Powder Fresh

Just signed up my '08 Versa SL. I have had it for two weeks and am loving it except for the alignment issue. My car is pulling to the left, and have already taken it in once to have checked. They said an alignment was done and that the camber was off. I took it home only to find that it's still pulling to the left, and even more now. I have an appointment this Friday to have it checked again. Anyway, hopefully that will get resolved and I'll continue to enjoy the car.

I just filled up gas for the first time this morning. At $3.85 a gallon, I filled up 9.2 gallons at 270 miles. The fuel gauge showed a little over a quarter tank left. I'm excited to see what the mileage will be one it's broken in. I do about 85% driving on highway, going 17 miles to and from work.

Don't usually like white cars, but my Powder Fresh White, SL Versa looks great. Now I need to work at tinting the windows and adding a spoiler!!!

mkaresh

Thanks, I appreciate it.

We continue to have excellent participation by Versa owners. But more is always better with sample sizes.

Next update in August.

mkaresh

Those results recently posted.

Both the 2007 and 2008 appear to have average repair rates.

Good participation by both sets of owners, but more would be better.

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Return to “Versa General Chat”