Nissan Sentra reliability (Please sign up if you're new)

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Jack Stiller
Car: 1998 200SX
2016 Rogue

I have a 98 200 SX that just turned 250,000 miles. Orignal 1.6 and automatic. I've replace just about everything else on it at least once, struts, half shafts, brakes and hubs. But its like a timex, takes a beating and keeps on ticking

victorio94
Car: 1997 Nissan Sentra Gxe, with 1996 Nissan 200sx engine and automatic Transmission swap. 2nd owner. 348,197 miles. Advanced timing, 91 octane, ngk IV iridium plugs, and many other add ons.

1997 Nissan Sentra Gxe, with 1996 Nissan 200sx engine and automatic Transmission swap. 2nd owner. 348,197 miles. Advanced timing, 91 octane, ngk IV iridium plugs, Dursladt Gold Distributor and wiring, 130 amp duralast gold alternator, and many other add ons. 1996 nissan 200sx foglights and bumper, and even my. La cucaracha air horn with my 6.50 2 1/4inch white wall tires. Manza 2 inch lowering springs all arpund, Adjustable kyb coilovers in rear, monroe oem replacements in front and more. If something Has gone wrong with your sentra or 200sx Ive probably fixed it or ecountered the problem lol.

Ambrose616
Car: Pulsar B17

Hello guy! I'm a new member here and also a pulsar B17 owner.

Rtraveler
Car: 2012 Sentra

I own a 2012 Sentra and keep a log of all the maintenance done to it. I am the original owner and it has about 90k miles on it now.

derzy
Car: 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R
1996 NIssan 240SX SE

I daily drive a red 2004 Sentra SE-R and I've owned her since September 2006. I bought her with 41,170 miles (she was a July 2003 production and was sold to her first owner a few months later) and have put an additional 180,000 miles on her, bringing her to 221,000. She baked in the Arizona sun for our first 5 years together and continues to bake in the Southern California sun daily. Her paint started delaminating about 3 years ago (I think it was due to the high salt content of the coastal city I was living in) and she looks like garbage now but she's still immensely fun to drive and only gives me sporadic trouble. She has her original engine and transmission and I have not yet replaced the head gasket. Her interior is still phenomenally clean, with minor wear in a few places on the front seats and shredding on the edge of the driver seat belt where it runs through the buckle (I'm a fidgeter and I tug on it repeatedly while driving). I lost the illumination on the A/C temperature and fan speed knobs about 5 years ago but when you've driven the same car as long as I have, you can control everything without even looking. My headlights have been sanded and UV coated about 5 times and will be replaced soon as they're no longer reconditionable. My windshield and all windows are original factory glass.

(I need to consult my records, so the following statements may change within the next few days as I go through my paperwork.)

I have replaced the alternator twice, with the most recent replacement being about 2 years ago, and the radiator once. I have not replaced the A/C compressor but have been told I should consider it, as it's doing some weird power draw things (headlights dim every time it kicks on). I replaced both rear window motors about 5 years ago, but they had been broken for a couple years prior to that. I have replaced the fuel pump at least once and had to RMA the replacement a couple months ago because the engine was flooding (I'm not convinced that the new pump has fully solved the problem, and I can still smell rich fuel when the car sits nose-down on a slope for extended periods of time). I need to replace my motor mounts and control arms ASAP; I do not believe I have ever done so before. Brake and tire wear has been perfectly normal, and I manage to get about 26 mpg average economy with my driving style.

dralphc
Car: 2017 Nissan Sentra SV

I have a 2017 Sentra SV. So far so good. Maintaince is key.

outThere
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE
2004 Sentra
2006 Chevy Malibu

Hi i have posted before not sure if i formerly introduced myself. I am 63 I started tinkering with mowers, In High School I got introduced to electronics, analog electronics..vacuum tube. no computers or even calculators back then only slide rulers. then motorcycles later on, then cars. I worked for a Chevrolet dealership back in the 70s when GM employed more people than any other company in this great USA and at that time were the heartbeat of America like their ads said. I have worked for several small computer repair facilities and now do " IT " for one of the largest contractors to the great country of America. I like Turtles, cars, trains, motors, trucks, some planes, computers, digital electronics, analog electronics and drones ( i have several DJI drones)

sk47
Car: 2001 Nissan Sentra SE

Hello; Just joined today. I have owned two Sentras. The first was a 1991 SE-R I bought new on the Airport Motor Mile south of Knoxville TN. I ran it for a bit over ten years and wound up with something over 150K miles on it. I sold it and a few years later ran into the fellow who owned it. It had well over 200K miles at that time. During the time I owned it no major problems and no breakdowns.
I purchased another Sentra to replace it. A 2001 SE. I think that year Nissan did not offer the SE-R as they were in transition to the 2.5 liter. A package on my SE which included the 2.0 liter engine along with larger wheel and tires and some other nice items. The 2001 was the most reliable can I have ever owned until last Thursday. Never a check engine light nor a breakdown. But last Thursday my luck ran out and the car would not start. Still not a bad run.

outThere
2004 Sentra
2006 Chevy Malibu

I have 2 Sentra's, a 2002 1.8L GXE and a 2004 1.8L S , really like both. I bought both used about 4 years ago. The GXE needed a head gasket and radiator, brakes, struts, left inside CV boot. The S need both inside CV boots, back shoes, valve cover gasket, cat back exhaust, and the trunk has a big hole in it. trying to find a front end wrecked like model with a good trunk to cut out.
My niece bought a 2018 Sentra with a CVT transmission. I kept telling her to take it in and get the transmission serviced. The CVT transmission quit on her. she paid around $5k for a new transmission from Nissan.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

outThere wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:00 pm
My niece bought a 2018 Sentra with a CVT transmission. I kept telling her to take it in and get the transmission serviced. The CVT transmission quit on her. she paid around $5k for a new transmission from Nissan.
TPMS is a lifesaver on the wife's Altima for a simple reason. While she may not know how to top off a tire, she does know the "funny yellow light" means a problem. I've always been kind of peeved at Nissan for not making CVT over-temperature or judder detection turn on a light. A "funny red light" might well have saved your niece's tranny.
Aargh. :mad:

outThere
2004 Sentra
2006 Chevy Malibu

but then if a red light came on for the CVT for overheat/change the filter, they would think i will wait till it gets brighter :chuckle:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

outThere wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:42 pm
but then if a red light came on for the CVT for overheat/change the filter, they would think i will wait till it gets brighter :chuckle:
:lolling:

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”