Nissan Security Plus Extended Warranty

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
AbHat
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge SV

New member here. Only owned Honda and Toyota cars. Was looking for Compact SUV but did not like either CR-V or RAV4. Finally bought a Nissan Rogue SV which was was just too good in every department. Very smooth and assured ride with tons of safety features. I love it.

I am not sure long Nissan Rogue will last. I do not have any prior experience with Nissan vehicles. Hence I have been looking for extended warranties online. Came across the following site that offer Nissan Security Plus warranties.

Is this site legit: [admin deleted your link]

Anyone bought this warranty?

Many Thanks!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Personally, I never do extended warranties.

But don’t do what I do, but you do you.

I never run my rogue hard except for one Italian tuneup with sea foam. And recently bedding my brakes.

My brakes looked ridiculously new with so much brake material after a decade. I did change 1 pair long ago but forgot which ones.

Nissans are a crapshoot with their cvts.

In my case, my original cvt is still going strong after a decade with just under 100,000 miles.

Most of my repairs were wear and tear parts during the latter years.

Didn’t even need the 10 year/120,000 mile cvt warranty.

But get the warranty if you need that piece of mind, because if things go wrong, you are covered.

I know I will maintain my vehicle by personally going under the hood, and also gambled that my car won’t encounter major breakdowns, so I was lucky and didn’t need a warranty for the most part.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Nice try. Take your spam elsewhere. :)

binco
Car: 2019 Rogue SV

Per a quick search, Nissan Security Plus appears to be for real, a Nissan-sold extended warranty. The big question mark for Nissan reliability is the CVTs. Search for Rogue CVT and prepare to cringe a bit.

If you buy an extended warranty, do some research first. Warranties don't have fixed prices any more than cars do. Edmunds is a good source for info on how to negotiate a price on a warranty.

AbHat

AZhitman wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:30 pm
Nice try. Take your spam elsewhere. :)
Wow admins are ready jump to conclusion classifying a very first post by a new Nissan owner as a spam. Way to encourage participation on the forum. ;)

Thank you others for replies. This is Nissan's own warranty offered by a Nissan dealer in Santa Rosa . After reading issues related to CVT I got worried. I usually keep my cars up to 140K-150K. I am very particular about timely maintenance. I still have some time to think about this before I buy it.

casperfun

My 2 cents.

I have ocd when it comes to my rogue and I have never brought my Nissan to the dealership for any scheduled maintenance for the last 10 years.

And when I get an inspection, I do try to do all the suggested repairs in the pamphlet summery they give me after it.

If it’s not too hard or inconvenient for me I usually fix it myself.

I also plan on running my rogue until the end. I probably saved more money not extending my warranty for the last 8 years.

But I did pay an arm and a leg for some crossarms/tire balance/ and brake bleed last month. Don’t know how that affected me in the big scheme of repair savings because I was kinda lazy to do that repair in my old age. :inout:

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

I ended up getting one from Nissan of Santa Rosa since I've never owned a Nissan before and wasn't sure how it would go. I paid $1135 to take the warranty up to 72 months / 75k miles with a $100 deductible. And they let you pay like $66 a month for 18 months with no interest to pay it off.

I can almost guarantee at least 1 thing will break after the 36k bumper to bumper expires that will cost me at least 1k.

AbHat

howie411 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:51 am
I ended up getting one from Nissan of Santa Rosa since I've never owned a Nissan before and wasn't sure how it would go. I paid $1135 to take the warranty up to 72 months / 75k miles with a $100 deductible. And they let you pay like $66 a month for 18 months with no interest to pay it off.

I can almost guarantee at least 1 thing will break after the 36k bumper to bumper expires that will cost me at least 1k.
That's the one I am looking at. I was not sure if they were legit. Did you have to get your Rogue inspected. Mine is a 1 year old and has 20K miles on it.

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

No, I bought it about 3 months after buying my Rogue. I just had to show proof it was less then a year old.

DTASFAB

AbHat wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:29 pm
I do not have any prior experience with Nissan vehicles.
You're about 25 years too late. ;)

AbHat

LOL. In 90s some my friends had Altimas and Maximas which I know were awesome cars. After the merger with Renault I kept hearing that their quality tanked and I never bothered for 25 years. But this 2019 Nissan Rouge is such a pleasure to drive and loaded with so many features I could not resist. Compared to that CR-V and RAV-4 were pure disasters when I test drove them.
I want to keep this car for at least 10 years without spending too much money on Maintenance and hence my original post.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Just for giggles, you might want to read the last two threads from this post...
Rogue One wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:04 am
Like any good product, the vehicle should sell itself. If you have to be talked into buying it, then it's not the right vehicle for you. My advice? Buy something else.

CVT: Vibration while accelerating

Nissan CVT rant - from the people who know them best.

POLL: Would You Buy Another Nissan?

I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!
After you've read through those, I'd suggest reading the topics in the first two links as well, followed by 08-13 ROGUE DIY REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE, FAQ & INFO, TIPS, etc. Yes I know yours is a second gen model, but there's a lot useful info that will apply to your car. In particular, scroll down to the links on CVT's under the DIY section.

casperfun

If you're planning to keep it 10 years, I'd suggest you drain & fill your CVT fluid every 30,000 miles from this point on. Jatco cvt’s are probably the worse made versions of these type of transmissions.

It’s a crapshoot, as mine is the original CVT for over a decade while others can last a year before failing.

DTASFAB

It's somewhat of a crapshoot, but I think driving style and maintenance and knowledge still play a role. A small percentage are simply duds from the factory. If you get one that lasts a while, your maintenance habits play a huge role in extending the life of the CVT.

The first generation CVT was pretty bad, particularly on the early models that got the extended warranty. By 2011, they seemed to get better, especially the few that came with the external auxiliary cooler installed from the factory. Apparently I understand there weren't very many configured this way.

But as for second generation? It might be a better quality CVT than the first generation with a lower rate of overall failure, but I'd be interested to see how the second generation CVT fares in total compared to only 2011-2013 (and '14 and '15 Select) Rogue CVTs. At least those came with a dipstick. Nissan uses a transmission that, in addition to having known design flaws resulting from a cheaper build design, is also overly sensitive to both underfilling and overfilling the fluid. So what do they do? They take away the dipstick so only Nissan dealerships can effectively check the fluid level accurately. Except most dealerships hire young kids who don't know anything about cars to do the simple fluid changes, including transmission fluid. Even when the dealer says 10 times out of 10 the fluid level is perfect, you never really know. It may drive smoothly and be a nice vehicle at a good price compared to competitors in its class, but NO THANKS. NEXT!

Return to “Rogue Forum”