Nissan's newest EV Concept Revealed!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
SnookieTownshend
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Dattebayo wrote:They should rename it to the EWW concept.
It would be more accurate.

I don't mind small and spacey-looking - heck, my first car was a turquoise Geo Storm - but that's a little too much of both.

(And if you ever want to really play dirty during a game of charades, make someone try to guess "Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla." Of course, we made them try to guess "Beetlejuice"...)

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

krash wrote:What do you mean by "the packaging drives the design" though?
No traditional engine = no need for a "front box" (hood, etc), and no traditional trans = no need for a tunnel / firewall... those differences drive all the design. With the drivetrain housed completely in-wheel, the entire PURPOSE of a car can be realized.

A car is, after all, a self-propelled container to move people and their crap, right? So, when you're not constrained by a 4-foot by 2-foot engine & trans & driveshafts & exhaust (and other associated connected accessories), you can get down to designing for the TRUE purpose, and that's to move people and their crap from A to B.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

ooooooh I see what you're saying now. Actually, I can really appreciate that now. I still think it looks like poop, but kudos to Nissan for that kind of outside-the-box thinking. Not following the traditional template opens hallways of possibilities.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Good point and well appreciated, but did did they really have to beat it with a colossal ugly stick?

Return to “General Chat”