Nissan response to wind noise problem

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
CRASH99
Car: ROGUE

my rogue does the same thing you need to drive it down the road. Move the drivers window down just a little bit see if the noise goes away (if not try the pass window) if it does then you need to adjust the door up sounds gooffy but we have fix 3-4 this way (not just rogue quest also)

Bad nissan dealers not wanting to help (makes me sick to be one when you hear dealers being so bad)

philipa_240sx

ahhbeebee wrote:IMy impression was all Rogues had at minimum the lengthwise rails, but I guess Dan Kaiser's comment suggests otherwise?
In the US, roof rails (front to back) are not available on S FWD and S AWD. In Canada, just the S FWD doesn't have roof rails.

ibcr8iv

The issue is with the front doors. I just went on a quick roadtrip between So. Cal and Las Vegas. Whenever I'd do more than 80 I'd get that horrendous squeal- just like in the YouTube video posted above. What I noticed was if I put my elbow on the driver's door and had my arm at "12 o'clock" (parallel with the driver's side window) and had my fingertips touching right between the metal frame at the top of the driver's door and the rubber trim that's mounted on the car- I could feel the entire top half of the door vibrate. The noise was caused as wind would pass between the top of the door and the rubber. The faster I went, the more the top of the door vibrated, the louder the noise got. It seems as if the metal framing around the top of the door isn't rigid enough to prevent it from wobbling or flexing under highway speeds- creating a gap between the door and the rubber.

I'd be interested to see if that's the same issue that other people are having.

Return to “Rogue Forum”