Nissan NX1600 digital cluster into S13.

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
TheRealNap0le0n
Car: 1998 q45

Gypo wrote:Hey Chaluska,

In your Excel spread sheet, what does III+ and III- refer to?

only bit I'm stuck on, cheers.
thats battery pos and batt neg respectively...

its uncommon to see it like that unless you have worked in the automotive industry

greensx
Car: 93 240sx hatchback

TheRealNap0le0n wrote:
Gypo wrote:Hey Chaluska,

In your Excel spread sheet, what does III+ and III- refer to?

only bit I'm stuck on, cheers.
thats battery pos and batt neg respectively...

its uncommon to see it like that unless you have worked in the automotive industry
So where do they get connected to on the s13 harness?? I've wired up everything like it says on the write up and the only thing I got working are the turn signals, bright indicator and brake indicator. Could the cluster I got be bad?? If anyone can help me out please text me at 210_449_8520 any help would be appreciated

s13sickboi
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody XE

I did mine! :biggrin: I love it! Ill post pics ASAP (my computer is being gay) But the write up was pretty accurate. I have a 93' cluster and it went into my 90' wiring. Tach is accurate, fuel is accurate. Temp and speed negative. (need sensors) Dash clock isn't working right, and a few indicator lamps dont come on. So I still need to tweak a few things but it's more accurate speed than my s13 cluster gave me! I just have to divide by 2 all the time ;) I was homeschooled so it's good to practice! :rolleyes:

TheRealNap0le0n
Car: 1998 q45

was your teacher hot?

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

s13sickboi wrote:I was homeschooled
TheRealNap0le0n wrote:was your teacher hot?
Last edited by badbob2121 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s13sickboi
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody XE

Uhh, no as a matter of fact I HATED my teacher. :slap:

3rdgeneration
Car: 92VE a/t

the maxima digital dashes are somewhat rare, only available on 89 and 90 models with "electronic equipment package" those maximas also had sonar suspension :naughty: also came with a HUD

ive got everything to do a direct swap to my non digital dash maxima, jus thought id mention that, at least on the maxima cluster, the fuel sending unit is a must. However a chop wiring job should be completely possible on an s13

95zenki man

i like the s2k cluster a lot more...its a little more work to make work but looks 10x better then anything i have seen.

95zenki man

i like the s2k cluster a lot more...its a little more work to make work but looks 10x better then anything i have seen.

cant find the pic of the guys s13 from around here, but this should give you an idea.

95zenki man

Only thing that i dont understand is the speed sending unit. I was told use a sohc one but others say dohc s14 and others say dohc s13... I have all 3 just not 100 % on the right one to use?

vocationalzero
Car: 92 Too For Dee
87 BMW 635 CSi
06 Dodge Dakota Night Runner Edition
06 Nissan Sentra S

simmode1 wrote: Holy crap! The Z31 has a digital cluster, too?!
I wanna do the Z31 cluster, it looks like something out of a c*** pit of a fighter jet :biggrin:

speakeasy
Car: 1991 240sx Coupe RB20DET

Sorry for necropost, but I was wondering if this still works with an RB20DET swap

bigmj44

Bringing it back from the dead but does anyone have pics of how much or where they trimmed the cluster bezel (with the emergency button and headlight flip button) got everything else ready to go but can’t get the beZel to fit and trimmed a lot of the top already and don’t want to keep trimming cuz the bezel is old and brittle and don’t want it to break and if I keep trimming shorter it will break.. definetly need help and would mean a lot! Please get back to me thank you!!

dannysconnect
Car: Nissan Pulsar Gtir

Bit of an old post but thought I'd ask to see if anybody would be able to help

I've just finished wiring up the NX1600 cluster to a 1992 2.0 Pulsar GTiR. Well almost finished

Does anybody know which wires from the loom of the pulsar to use to show the digital reading of the Temperature & fuel gauges?

I thought I'd connected the correct wiring using the wiring diagram from the needle type cluster & locating the wiring to what I thought was the correct location onto the digital dash however when the unit turns on & with the car running neither fuel or temperature readings show

everything else works perfectly. I haven't been able to find a lot of information on this swap - but I know people have successfully completed the conversion with no issues

many thanks

Return to “240sx General Discussion”