Nissan Bluebird 1990 problem

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
yigael
Car: Nissan Bluebird 1991 U12

Hello people, I own a Nissan Bluebird 1990, U12. Im hoping that someone might be able to help me on the following problems.

My main worry is the following:

My fuel gauge is dead, dropped below the E. I took it to a garage and they took out the gas tank and the diagnostic was something related to the floating arm/buoy.I checked out with the local Nissan agency and is about $150. Im trying to avoid spending the whole $150, so Im wondering if there is something like a universal replacement kit that I can get, it doesnt matters if I have to replace the actual meter on my dashboard.

My seconday worry is:

My RPM meter is completely dead, I dont have a clue on what to start troubleshooting to see if I might be able to spot the problem.

Hope someone can help me!!

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Hello and welcome to NICO.

First off, let's address the fuel tank issue. I may suggest looking through places like craigslist or any other auto parts traders/junk yards and see if you can find something from a U.S. spec U12 (Nissan Stanza). It could save you a bit of money on that route.

As for the tachometer, it could be something as simple as the signal lead from the distributor cap (if your motor is the KA like the states had) has broken or come undone. It could also be something on the back side of the dash or in the ECU. That may be something that has to be taken to a dealer for.

Hope you can get the help you need soon.

yigael
Car: Nissan Bluebird 1991 U12

Hi Gold, thanks for the tips!! I managed to find in a car wrecker a complete fuel sender unit for 40 bucks, managed to install it and seems to be working, only thing is that it becomes kinda crazy when is near the last quarter of the tank and the warning light wont come up when is near or over the E and the needle will go like 1 quarter bellow the E sometimes. When I fill the tank it works fine. Any ideas on this?

Im suspecting that Ill have to drop the tank to calibrate completely the sender unit

el_patron_94
Car: 1992 Nissan u12 Bluebird

I have a question i have a 1992 nissan stanza. i want to do the sr20 swap with the awd tranny. will i have to do any major modification to the car if i do put the all wheel drive tranny on it other then suspension?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

el_patron_94 wrote:I have a question i have a 1992 nissan stanza. i want to do the sr20 swap with the awd tranny. will i have to do any major modification to the car if i do put the all wheel drive tranny on it other then suspension?
You'll most likely need to find a completely different/modified rear subframe, rear differential and axle shafts, and correct wheel hubs as I don't think the Stanza came as AWD. If it did, then you'd be set.

If it's not already an AWD car, you'll need to build a center tunnel to accodate the rear prop shaft from the transfer case to the back of the car.

Might I suggest just getting the engine and using a 95-98 200SX SE-R trans? The 200SX SE-R came with an N/A SR20 and the trans should bolt right up to FF SR engine.

You could probably find more info in the FF SR20DET forums. You can find that in the nav menu on the right of the screen.

el_patron_94

oh. my car came as a fwd. they only made awd in japan.okay thanks ill look into it.

el_patron_94

oh. if i get the turbo charged and intercooled sr20 will that affect the transmission?

Return to “Others”