Nissan 2.5 Recall - For USA Production Only?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Nissan is recalling US-built Altimas and Sentras that use the 2.5 liter engine, to reprogram the ECUs.

How can we be sure that Japan-built cars like the Rogue that use the 2.5 liter engine are immune from this problem?

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

Well first we'd have to know what the problem is. Then we'd have to see if anyone else was experiencing those problems. My guess is that they had a reason to recall only the US ones. Perhaps the ones created in the US had a programming defect.

This is why I paid my 6.1% duty, or "premium" on my Japanese Rogue

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Should have no bearing on the Rogue as they've limited the recall to model years up to '06.

Found this: zerothread?id=294453

Nissan has issued a recall for 650,000 Altimas and Sentras from model years 2002, and 2005-06. Recalled vehicles are only those equipped with Nissan’s 2.5-liter four, which may, apparently, just stop running.

Reportedly the problem is with the crankshaft position sensor, which, when overheated, can stop sending a signal to the car’s ECU. When this signal is lost, the ECU may not be able to diagnose the problem, and may respond by shutting down the whole operation; otherwise known as your engine.

Owners of the troubled Nissan’s should get themselves down to the dealership, where a simple reprogramming should right the ship with very little bother. Nissan, of course, will be picking up the tab. Safe driving.

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

QR motor just cannot catch a break.

Return to “Rogue Forum”