Next Generation Nissan Rogue and New Model News

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
philipa_240sx

Shusaka wrote:Manual trans, Primarily RWD with 4wd selectable, i would take it in a heartbeat
I seriously doubt RWD would ever happen. There are no AWD vehicles that are 'primarily' RWD in this class. For RWD with manual transmission would have to go to a mid size SUV like the Xterra or Pathfinder. Or a crossover like the Infiniti FX or EX.... albeit with an automatic.

Nancy08

I couldn't imagine how perfect would be the next generation model.All i know is, all Nissan products greatly satisfy the demand of everyone.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

Automatic headlightsIndash Nav/GPSNew Altima radio/interfacePush button startDid I say automatic headlights?

Many of the requests others are asking for are available on the Infiniti EX35 which is a Nissan product. Nissan purposely leaves certain things off so you'll step up to the higher end products. I understand why it doesn't offer some things on the Rogue b/c it is already stepping on the Murano's toes.

Ray

Bob K
Car: Rouge

How about some more sound deadening in the rear area?

Tire and road noise makes the current model Rouge sound,

well, cheap.

sschantz
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue AWD SL

Automatic window up on driver side window.....Ideally for passenger as well...

Honda has it....

philipa_240sx

sschantz wrote:Automatic window up on driver side window.....Ideally for passenger as well...
The optional Leather Package (available on SL trim, all model years) comes with a drivers side one touch (automatic) up/down power window. The passenger side window was never available with this option.

pawprint
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL w/technology package

1. Gas door release inside of vehicle to prevent gasoline siphoning2. Automatic climate control3. Automatic headlights4. Small V-6 (like Suzuki Vitara)5. Push button start (would be easier than turning the keyless ignition switch)6. Automatic up/down window for passenger7. Covers for cup holders and change cubby holes to close when not in use for privacy8. Turn signals on side mirrors (like the Altima & Maxima)9. Automatic door locks when car in Drive

Options 1 – 7 are on the Murano. Option 8 is on the Altima & Maxima.Option 9 isn’t offered on any Nissan.

This is just a wish list.

Pawprint

starryknight64
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Just three suggestions from me:

Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP)USB Port(s) in the center console and/or middle armrest (it could be for audio, power, or both!)Secondary Auxiliary Input in the middle armrest (in addition to the one on the center console)

philipa_240sx

Nissan released photos of the 2010 Qashqai. Since the Rogue shares it's platform with the Qashqai, some of the improvements may be introduced on the upcoming 2011 Rogue which is slated for a 'mid-cycle' refresh.

Changes include:

· New front-end design· LED rear lights· Two new colours· New wheel designs· Improved aerodynamic efficiency. New dial design for the main gauges. Redesigned drive computer with white LCD screen. Low-level lighting around the front footwells. A new cubby at the base of the central cluster ideal for a mobile phone or portable audio player. . New cubby behind the shifter for 2WD models (where our cupholders are located on US models). Reduced noise, vibration and harshness. All-new multi-layer insulation material around the front bulkhead. Reduction in wind noise around the A-pillar has been achieved by changing the window sealing.. Retuning of the suspension to further improve ride comfort and responsiveness.

philipa_240sx

Additional images, courtesy AutoMotorBlog:

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Here is the link to the press release: http://www.carsuk.net/nissan-q...lease/

A few Big things jump out at me:

1) There are 35 different potential combinations of powertrain and options, which IMO makes this a very confusing vehicle to buy. 35 combinations!! You have 4 tranny choices - 6-spd manual (yeah!), 5-spd manual, conventional auto, and CVT, and you have 4 engine choices: gasoline - 1.6, 2.0 diesel 1.5 or 2.0 L, and FWD or AWD.

2) The "PureDrive" is the model with the "most environmentally efficient economy and emissions, this special Qashqai produces only 129g/km of CO2". This is so great yet so sad that we in NA do not embrace this type of technology, instead we more commonly ask for bigger and more powerful engines, when we already have much larger engines than Europen models.

PureDrive is achieved through "weight reduction programme and the adoption of aerodynamic wheel covers, combined with the blanking of the fog lamp sockets, the fitment of low rolling resistance tyres andthe lengthening of the final drive ratio all work to maximise the Qashqai Pure Drive’s efficiency. "

3) "Nissan is the biggest car producer in Britain, and the UK is Nissan's biggest market". This is surprising to me, I didn't realize, I always think of them as #3 in Japan and somewhere down around #7ish in NA.

4) "1 in every 6 cars built in the UK last year was a Qashqai". This is a direct quote from the press release, but I find it very hard to believe. Regardless, they make A LOT of Qashqai's in Europe whereas in NA I don't think the Rogue is anywhere near the popularity of the Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4.

5) They offer a Qashqai +2 model, which I'm assuming means an additional 3rd row seat, not sure how that could fit but it is an option?

I still hate the name Qashqai, and it's interesting that their other crossover, the Murano is also named the Murano in Europe.

Also, I think the styling is much less "agressive" than I would've expected, quite reserved actually, going against the current trends and back to a more basic shape. The first vehicle it reminded me of was the VW Tiguan.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

A white LED display? zzzzzzzz....

philipa_240sx

kerrton wrote:5) They offer a Qashqai +2 model, which I'm assuming means an additional 3rd row seat, not sure how that could fit but it is an option?
Yup, it's available. I posted it awhile back:

zerothread/336708

It's really cramped back there... I think my 240SX had more room:

pawprint
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL w/technology package

pawprint wrote:
9. Automatic door locks when car in Drive

Option 9 isn’t offered on any Nissan.
I have to correct myself. The Rogue does have Auto-Lock feature! Once I hit 14 mph the Rogue locks itself and unlocks itself when I turn it off. Love it!

Pawprint

philipa_240sx

pawprint wrote:The Rogue does have Auto-Lock feature! Once I hit 14 mph the Rogue locks itself and unlocks itself when I turn it off. Love it!

Pawprint
This feature is only available in '09 and '10 models. The '08's don't have it.

cpare
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

A few items I would like to see: - Mantenance alerts (Oil Change / Distance based service) - Nissan should be embarrased that they missed this, even my 96 Civic did this... - Lifetime XM included in the vehicle if you pay for the radio upgrade they should eat the $400 lifetime fee. - Digital readout between large gauges should be a large digital speed meter, my eyes are naturally drawn to the light and there is nothing of value there today. - Digital components in center should be moved to right gauge and shared with analog Speedometer,or ditch the RPM gauge and move it there as an RMP gauge serves little/no purpose in an automatic. - Relocate dash light intensity contol somewhere safer (reaching through the stearing wheel at night for this control isn't very safe) - Relocate Window controls to center console or dash below radio - USB Jack in the Center Console storage - Aux-In in the Center console Storage - True iPod interface - Sport Package (Lowered / Supercharger / Manual / ~200hp) - Auto-Up/Down Windows - Gas Gauge on other side of the vehicle (walking around the vehicle sucks) - Center Rear Seatbelt hanging from center of the roof is very ugly and needs to be rethought. - Air Vents / Controls to the rear seat passengers

philipa_240sx

cpare wrote: - True iPod interface
There actually is one available as a dealer installed accessory. It's for the '07-10 Altima but will work with the Rogue BOSE system. Read more here:

zerothread/292902
cpare wrote: - Center Rear Seatbelt hanging from center of the roof is very ugly and needs to be rethought.
Honestly, a rear 3 pt seatbelt mount is difficult to engineer. The roof mount is the most logical location in terms of dealing with the forces involved, passengers of different heights. etc. Fortunately the shoulder portion of the seat belt can be easily retracted to the roof and stowed. I've already forgotten it's there.

philipa_240sx

The clock is ticking. We should hear something about the 2011 Rogue come late August or September.

I can definitely see some changes coming as seen with the 2010 Versa, Sentra and Altima. The Rogue will be next.

shotgun
Car: 2009 rogue

I am fairly new to the Rogue. However, after taking a new Equinox for a test drive, the Rogue definately needs some improvements.

1. Auto Headlights2. Adjustable (slide back) rear seats3. Built in rear view camera4. Climate control5. Service monitor6.Relocate inside door handles. They are right at knee level and cut interior leg space (sideways) considerably.

mlpower
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL - Premium - Leather - Roof

Let me preface the following coments with the fact that I LOVE my Rogue. I am just trying to point out some shortcomings.

Seems small, but I would like to have some kind of center dash storage area. The cup holder area "slots" really don't do it for me.

Auto on headlights would be good or even some daytime running lights. I understand the HID lights would wear out faster and they are expensive to replace. Perhaps some regular halogens for daytime use would be good?

Rear Camera should come standard on all SUVs and trucks with all the blind area back there.

The Bose system that came in my SL is ok, but not great. I wish the display on it was bigger so I would not have to hit the display button to show me who is singing the song or what channel I am listening to.

Dual zone climate control would be nice. Is that an option on any Rogue?

Push button start like on the Nissan cars would be cool too. I dont understand why they went with the steering column ignition switch when you dont even need a key for it. I guess it is good if the batteries die on your key fobs.

I think the adjustable headlights are cool, but when would you not point them as high as they can go?

When I am driving around 30 MPH without accelerating the Rogue seems to bog like a manual transmission in too high of a gear. I have tried turning the O/D off, but the RPMs jump way up and seem too high. When do you all use the O/D off feature?

The additional little back storage area seems cool, but I havent found a use for it yet. It is pretty shallow and cant hold much. At least it is something.

Thanks for listening to my ramble.... I look forward to replies and apologize if any of this is/ a repost.

BettyBoop
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

mlpower wrote:When I am driving around 30 MPH without accelerating the Rogue seems to bog like a manual transmission in too high of a gear. I have tried turning the O/D off, but the RPMs jump way up and seem too high. When do you all use the O/D off feature?
I use the O/D off feature when going up a hill. Considering the modest HP, it helps especially when you have junk in the trunk

- Auto headlights please! - integrated NAVI should already been done considering the OBVIOUS rear view problem. - If they insist on keeping the AUX for mp3/ipod as a standard can we get a little nook to sit our ipods in instead of the cup holder? -push button start ... is it just me or is it just unnatural to turn that little stubby thing... - climate control for rear passengers..if we can't give them headroom we can at least give them A/C ...shooooot. - a panoramic sunroof/moonroof would be fun! - and yeah...the cup holders in the rear should be moved to the doors...people tend to insert the cupholders back in the console with the sticky spillage and i don't find it until it's crusted on! -the handling is fine, but a lot less body roll is always appreciated. -in dash digital display placement should be reconsidered..when the steering wheel is at its lowest position, it blocks the display....it can be rectified with seat adjustments if you raise the steering wheel..but this display should be visible no matter your configurations of the wheel and seat.

philipp2
Car: 08 Altima Coupe & 2014 Rogue SL

Home Link transmitter in mirror.
It is described in my 2010 owner's manual, but dealer says it's not available on any model

philipa_240sx

philipp2 wrote:Home Link transmitter in mirror.
It is described in my 2010 owner's manual, but dealer says it's not available on any model
For 2010, Nissan deleted the Homelink mirror on all US model Rogue's regardless of trim level or option package. The Homelink mirror was previously available on the '08 and '09's.

The Homelink mirror is still available on Canadian models for 2010, hence why it appears in the owners manual (US and Canada gets the same owners manual).

It is possible to upgrade your mirror with the homelink feature if you wish. Gentex is the OEM mfg. for Nissan mirrors and they have several styles and models available.

philipa_240sx

BettyBoop wrote:- integrated NAVI should already been done considering the OBVIOUS rear view problem
I think this is a real possibility consider the Sentra and Versa now have integrated Nav packages and backup cameras:

Sentra with integrated nav and backup camera:

Large version:
http://nissanmedia.iconicweb.com/medias ... 8__mid.jpg

philipp2
Car: 08 Altima Coupe & 2014 Rogue SL

philipa_240sx wrote:
philipp2 wrote:Home Link transmitter in mirror.
For 2010, Nissan deleted the Homelink mirror on all US model Rogue's regardless of trim level or option package. The Homelink mirror was previously available on the '08 and '09's.

The Homelink mirror is still available on Canadian models for 2010, hence why it appears in the owners manual (US and Canada gets the same owners manual).

It is possible to upgrade your mirror with the homelink feature if you wish. Gentex is the OEM mfg. for Nissan mirrors and they have several styles and models available.

Unfortunatly Mine is an "S 360" with the rear view camera in the mirror. I would have to give that, I would imagine.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

That looks really great, if the 2011 Rogue incorporates some of those improvements I think it'll really start to take off and the RAV and CRV will have to pick up their game a bit.

I'm particularly interested in the reduced vibration and road noise with improvements in sound proofing and aerodynamics. I really enjoy my Rogue but it could benefit from this to really take it to the next level.

toovo1985

love the improvements made on the qashqai. It looks really great although I wouldn't choose it for my car. It's too big for city lifestyle usage. But definitely will continue to give joy to Nissan :)

philipa_240sx

We should be hearing something about the 2011 Rogue within the next 2 months.

I have renamed this thread to continue the discussion.

With the imminent launch of the Juke in North America and a new version of the Qashqai in Europe and Dualis in Japan, hopes are high that Nissan will be updating the Rogue.

As soon as I hear any further information, it will be posted here.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

So I drove an Altima Hybrid (which is only sold in a few states) in Las Vegas last month. It was really cool. I think they should do a Rogue hybrid so I can be constantly distracted by the EV Mode meter.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

The hybrid system was bought from Toyota for the Altima, and it seems Nissan decided to go straight to full electric and not propose any hybrid anymore.

BTW, Leaf is coming in Canada in 2011. Communauto, a sharing cars company, have bought 50 Leaf for Montreal and Quebec City to be incorporated in its 1000 cars fleet. Cool!!

Roguemonster, I believe you are stuck with gasoline only car for a while if you want to stay in the Nissan family.
With your commute, you should look at a diesel car. For high mileagers, it is the ideal vehicle. I had too bad memories of this kind of engines to even consider them, but it seems they made tremendous improvement in past years: Quiet, clean, vibration free. A VW Golf or Audi A3 TDI should fit you well.

Return to “Rogue Forum”