3rd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
flipfrog
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum
Boulder Grey

Just got mine in Boulder platinum... Looking to meet others who are learning their way around new ride also... :bigthumb:
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

True Neutral
Car: '21 Rogue SV Premium

Congrats! I'm 1/4 through the break-in period on my SV Premium. I'm really enjoying this vehicle

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Welcome and congrats both of you!

As the unofficial Works-for-Nissan Nerd around here, just to let you know the people upstairs at Nissan are keenly interested in any issues you might have with the new generation, whether it's a strange behavior, a repair, or just general ideas about something in the design that could be better. I'll also do my best to get you Nissan knowledge if you need it.

Please do post!

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

I have a Platinum. Just curious, does your HUD for audio display work, as it appears that it doesn't here. You can get it to display for a minute or 2 and then it goes away. My dealer took it up with Nissan and apparently it is a widespread problem in Canada and Nissan will supposedly be doing an update on that.

I previously had a 2015 SL and I must say this is quite the different vehicle. Really enjoy the ride. The one thing I don't like is the map feature on this one. For whatever reason, it doesn't stay on the same map after shutting off and starting the next time, but reverts to a country map rather the the local one selected previously. Also have had the Nissan Connect reboot itself a couple of times without any reason.

All in all though not sorry yet that I bought one, even though I only had 33,000 km on my 2015. My daughter was happy to take that one off my hands.

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

I wasn't even aware that audio is part of HUD.... ??

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

And not trying to sound biased, but man this ride truly feels luxurious to me. Glad I spent a bit more for the Japanese built Plat edition.

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

True Neutral wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:33 pm
Congrats! I'm 1/4 through the break-in period on my SV Premium. I'm really enjoying this vehicle.
What you doing for break in period??

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

flipfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:39 pm
What you doing for break in period??
Because machine tolerances are sooooo much better than the bad old days, there's no longer any need for a quick change-out when breaking the engine in. However, doing the first OC at 2~3K instead of the recommended 5K is a good idea. There will still be some break-in shavings in the oil pan, just a lot less of them than in prehistory.

What you do after that is purely a practical matter of how long you plan to keep it. If you only plan to drive it awhile and then trade it in, the new 5K recommended standard is fine. If you plan to keep it forever, stick to the old 3K standard. Oil is better these days, but not that much better.

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

Says OC at 8000km is recommended. Maybe first one at 3 to 5k then?

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

Also is full synthetic overkill or...?

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

flipfrog wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:14 am
Just got mine in Boulder platinum... Looking to meet others who are learning their way around new ride also... :bigthumb:
Attachments
IMG_20210219_203800.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

flipfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:05 pm
Also is full synthetic overkill or ?
That also depends on how long you plan to keep it around. I've seen well-treated full-synth engines go way past 200K without the slightest issues. On the other hand, I've seen some do that on regular blended when the owners are religious and frequent. You can make a case that full-synth will protect you much better if there's an exigency like an overheat or bad oil leak, and that's absolutely true. So again, it's a judgment call.

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:52 pm
Welcome and congrats both of you! As the unofficial Works-for-Nissan Nerd around here, just to let you know the people upstairs at Nissan are keenly interested in any issues you might have with the new generation, whether it's a strange behavior, a repair, or just general ideas about something in the design that could be better. I'll also do my best to get you Nissan knowledge if you need it. Please do post!
My only early concern was the E gear shifter. Bit scary when youre used to pushing to the front and ur in park.... Now that puts u in reverse.... U gotta be so careful. Especially when u drive a second car which is regular shifter. Don't know why they did this tbh. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

flipfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Check the HUD settings screen and you will see it is.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

flipfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 pm
My only early concern was the E gear shifter. Bit scary when youre used to pushing to the front and ur in park.... Now that puts u in reverse.... U gotta be so careful.
You get very used to it, Leaf guys have been doing it for years. It's like being a leftie braker and switching back to clutch, or going from car to motorcycle. Once you ingrain it, your brain doesn't get confused. It really is pretty cool once you adapt.

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

TonyJG wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:30 pm
flipfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Check the HUD settings screen and you will see it is.
So wifey noticed if u have music on a USB stick it does appear in the HUD when u r toggling thru songs! I will look into it tho. Thanks!

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:40 pm
flipfrog wrote:
My only early concern was the E gear shifter. Bit scary when youre used to pushing to the front and ur in park.... Now that puts u in reverse.... U gotta be so careful.
You get very used to it, Leaf guys have been doing it for years. It's like being a leftie braker and switching back to clutch, or going from car to motorcycle. Once you ingrain it, your brain doesn't get confused. It really is pretty cool once you adapt.
Some good feedback...good to hear we will adjust !

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

E-shifters are great for the sony playstation 5 geners, but I prefer the old style. The e-shift killed that young star trek actor. Poor guy.

I'm an old fart, and finally reached that age where I accidentally pressed my gas pedal instead of the brake. Now I understand all those old people plowing through buildings at times killing people. Thank god I was in park. But I did revved the hell out of it.

I prefer the old style imho. Personal choice.

Hell I missed the shifter on the steering wheel. Loved it as a kid being able to sit in the middle up front. No cell phone days, less stress, great times! :mike

flipfrog
Boulder Grey

casperfun wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:40 am
E-shifters are great for the sony playstation 5 geners, but I prefer the old style. The e-shift killed that young star trek actor. Poor guy.

I'm an old fart, and finally reached that age where I accidentally pressed my gas pedal instead of the brake. Now I understand all those old people plowing through buildings at times killing people. Thank god I was in park. But I did revved the hell out of it.

I prefer the old style imho. Personal choice.

Hell I missed the shifter on the steering wheel. Loved it as a kid being able to sit in the middle up front. No cell phone days, less stress, great times! :mike
I admit. I am still thinking what I'm doing as I park... Not a no brainer yet...

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

flipfrog wrote:
My only early concern was the E gear shifter. Bit scary when youre used to pushing to the front and ur in park.... Now that puts u in reverse.... U gotta be so careful. Especially when u drive a second car which is regular shifter. Don't know why they did this tbh.
My guess would be for the storage space underneath.

MultipleNissans
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

I would like to offer some comments on the E gear shifter and direct those in particular to VStar650CL, with reference to posts by flipfrog & casperfun (the old fart).

To give some context to my post, I'll provide a little history.

Currently, I have a 2018 SL AWD with all the bells & whistles
including ProPilot assist, Memory seats, leather etc., etc.
It's now just about to turn only 24,000 kilometres but that would not
deter me from upgrading.

Prior to that I have had 2 Sentras, 3 Altimas, 2 X Trails, & 3 Rogues.

My second X Trail was the Bonavista Limited Edition # 0001.

So, I know & love the product.

And, as you might guess from this history, I'm also an
"old fart" like casperfun.

When I saw the launch of the 2021 Platinum Edition I loved it and
"almost" immediately decided to get me one of those !!

Even contacted my dealer about pricing....not a great deal because
I was hoping to get more for my current vehicle.

BUT was still under consideration until I recently read some
extensive reviews & learned about the E gear shiftier, among
other technology related items.

Nissan has spent some years trying to attract the younger generation
to their product line with vehicles like the Juke, Kicks, Qashqai etc. And, also the new Sentras which is the current attempt along with the Kicks. And good on them for that.

As they've improved & modernized the Rogue, Nissan seems to be shifting
it's target demographic to the younger generation. However, in so doing,
they may or will loose many of the older generations like me.

For us "old farts" the new E gear shiftier "appears" to be dangerous...

I know what you're thinking - get over it - adjust - you'll get used to it.

BUT, don't forget, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

So for me, the E gear shifter is a deal breaker and my desire for the new
Rogue has evaporated.

I hope these comments get back to Nissan thru VStar650CL and this forum. And, I hope that the next version of the Rogue will eliminate the E gear shifter & revert to a more standard type of shifter.

I even went back to Nissan's site with a view to lowering my expectations
down from the Platinum to the SV model but it has the same shifter as well.

Fortunately, I still have a wonderful, fully dressed SL model that will do me
until Nissan decides to make some changes to their recent "experiment"
with the modernized version of the Rogue.

Cheers to all & be safe in the pandemic = Roger

jhudson7583
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

just purchased used 2018 rouge SV, AWD with 37k miles. love it!
its fully loaded and im very impressed with all the features.

BKkid
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL
2021 Nissan Armada SL

Hello New Member here ....just got 2021 Rogue SL with Premium package ..... this is are 7th Nissan that I have bought ...... onlythings this is missing is a homelink mirror and two hitch for my bike rack ..... any advise greatly appreciated....

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

Traded in my 2018 Rogue Sport SV for a 2021 Rogue SV two weeks ago, I'm loving it so far. I've installed dash cams, changed out the rearview mirror with a frameless mirror with a built-in garage door opener (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJVHQT6), swapped in LED interior lights (and I've got LED license plate lights that I'm trying to install), and I've made a USB-C splitter cable that combines my high-speed charger with Android Auto (https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto/co ... _delivery/).

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

VStar650CL wrote:

As the unofficial Works-for-Nissan Nerd around here, just to let you know the people upstairs at Nissan are keenly interested in any issues you might have with the new generation, whether it's a strange behavior, a repair, or just general ideas about something in the design that could be better. I'll also do my best to get you Nissan knowledge if you need it.

Please do post!
This is my first car with Android Auto and I love it, I definitely prefer it over the nav system in my previous car. However, since it's wired I have to plug the phone into the car to use it, and the charge provided by the built-in USB ports isn't great. I've got a Samsung S21 phone that supports 25W charging through the USB Power Delivery standard, so I use a car charger. It would be really great if the built-in USB-C port supported USB PD, as a workaround I ended up making a cable that takes the data wires (D+ and D-) from the car's USB port and all other wires from the USB PD charger.

JzyJ28
2013 Nissan Altima Coupe

Hello,

I have had my 21 boulder gray SL about three weeks and I love it! I do not usually go the upgrade fancy gadgets way but since my coupe was wrecked, not my fault, I splurged. How did I ever live without car play and power liftgates? I am looking forward to learning more about my new baby :)

bobphillips1976
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

Hey guys! I just bought my 2021 Platinum, Boulder Gray as well. Seems that is a popular color! I'm still learning all of the cool features it has. The smart cruise control is really cool. This is my second Nissan, I had a 1999 Maxima GLE (Loved that car).

Excited to be here!

JzyJ28
2013 Nissan Altima Coupe

VStar650CL wrote:

Please do post!
Definitely a first world problem but why didn’t they make both front windows one touch on the SL?

JzyJ28
2013 Nissan Altima Coupe

VStar650CL wrote:

Please do post!
Definitely a first world problem but why didn’t they make both front windows one touch on the SL?

twong26
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue

Hi everyone! I'm Tony. I'm new to the forum and just got my new 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD in Two-Tone Champagne Silver & Super Black Roof with Tan Quilted interior. It took months with a few dealerships and lots of back of forth because it's apparently a rare combination, but I finally got it this past weekend. I'm still getting adjusted to a bigger vehicle, trying to find a comfortable seating position, and using the backup camera as I came from a 2011 Ford Fiesta. Nice to meet y'all and please meet my Rogue, Rosé.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tS2zjtGu8yEZNWUq7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b3GpmrEJT24eCSqw8

Return to “Rogue Forum”