New Rougue...traded a 2006 RAV4 4 cyl.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

That's right I traded an 06 Rav4 Sport 4 cyl 2wd JBL, for a Gotham Gray Rogue SL 2WD P package. Why? Rav interior was no match for the Rogue. More leg room in the Rogue I'm 6' 3". The Rogue is quieter both road and wind noise. Bose and XM is the best factory radio I have experenced. The Rogue rides and corners better than the Sport Rav. The RAV was prone to an occasional bog at low speed, you never new when, the Rogue jumps out of a low speed corner.

In fairness to the RAV I it does have a good bit more cargo space and the trunk is a good storage feature, the RAV preforms very well power wise for 45mph and up.

The CVT seems to work fine, I have read a few reviews that took issue with its preformance, I have no complaints at all so far, and I wonder if the extra weight of the 4wd might be part of the reviewers issue or maybe they attempted to push the system to find a weakness instead of just driving the Rogue like most drivers will.

We did a nice little drive thru the N GA mtns and the Rogue had no problem with the climb over Fort Mountain. MPG indicator had 29 mpg after the drive half on interstate the rest two lane highway.

My wife said this was the quickest I have researched and bought a car. My answer was I was sold as quick as I did the first test drive. She drove back from the Mountains and now she understands. We love this car, and I don't recall saying that before.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Now that's a glowing review!

thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forums.

Great to have you aboard. Please do continue to share your experiences with the Rogue.. especially regarding the gas mileage and CVT.

spicekay
Car: Rogue

I was going to get the CRV..test drove it twice. After seeing the Rogue and a test drive..the CRV was out the window.

Ticmxman

I did the samething. I have owned a 00 & 02 CRV and a 06 RAV. I test drove an 08 CRV and it was ok but would not trade the RAV for it but once I drove the Rogue I knew that if I traded the Rogue would the the one, and my review is posted.

mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

Thanks for the review. I need to go test drive one of these. Sounds promising.

Ticmxman

mkaresh wrote:Thanks for the review. I need to go test drive one of these. Sounds promising.
Please go test drive a Rogue and let us know what you think. If anything after two weeks I am more impressed with my Rogue than at the time of my review. Check out my likes and dislikes topic.

Return to “Rogue Forum”