New Rogue Owner......Well, Almost

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rogueish
Car: 2008 Rogue SL

I'm soooo excited!!! I'm picking up my new Rogue on Saturday! I'm getting the SL 2WD Premium Package, Moonroof, Wicked Black, Black Interior.

I had to go to another state to get the one I wanted, but you do what you gotta do. Here in Louisiana, all I could find was the S model, so off to Mississippi I went. I hate the fact that it'll have almost 200 miles on it before I ever get it in my driveway, but I'll enjoy the drive home.

I'll post some pics after I get it home.

BTW - Can anybody tell me if the oil filters are available for it at say Auto Zone or do I have to take it to a dealership when the time comes?

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Welcome Rogueish!

Great to have you. Sounds like a fun little excursion you have planned for this weekend. I can't wait to see pictures of the Wicked Black Rogue! I have always loved black paint.

Great question about the oil changes..

You will certainly be able to hit your local auto parts store get your own filters and do your own oil changes. But, I would recommend taking it to your dealer for your first few services.

I've always been a proponent of do it yourself work. But for a brand new vehicle, I can think of a couple reasons why I would have Nissan take care of it for the first few appointments.

First off, they will have the exact parts required. You can be sure that they will have the correct oil filter size and they will know the correct amount of oil to fill it with. Secondly, often within the first few months of a vehicles release, some small problems might become common for that vehicle. Nissan will send out memo's to dealership service centers to educate and update the techs on what to watch for, and how to fix.

That's just my $.02 on that topic.

poconosmama

Congratulations cant wait to see pics. I cant answer you yet on the oil changes, my husband does that. But I haggled touch up paint and 3 oil changes in with my price thats always a must for me lol.

ron-svmale

Hi rogueish, Congrats on you new Rogue...I was also wanting a Black one, but have been told that that color gets really hot inside. Can anyone comment on black/dark colored vehicles and the weather (particularly in Arizona). Perhaps someone who may have owned light (silver/beige) & dark (black/grey) colors can compare (if there is any difference at all, and it's just a myth).

spicekay
Car: Rogue

I dont live in AZ but have been there many times. Regardless of where you live, I don't think the color of the car is going to make a difference on how hot or cold inside gets. I think that black absorbing more heat only works for your clothing because its so close to your body. Every vehicle ( assuming same make and model) are built the same way so the exterior color really won't make a difference.However I have to say that Arizona does get pretty hot esp in summer times so the inside of your Rogue might get hotter than say someone in a cooler state, but thats really a condition of where u live, not the color of the car. Plus if you will be sweaty everytime you go into your car then the darker interior might be good as it will show less stain and wear.

rogueish
Car: 2008 Rogue SL

The whole paint thing makes sense. All cars seem to have some sort of insulation be it under the hood, in the headliner, under the carpet... So I see your point about all cars being the same regardless of color. Tint the windows and use the sun shield in the windshield to keep the sun out. Not to mention cuts down on the exposure to the dash and interior. We get the same heat down here in South La., just alot more muggier than that Az. heat. Stupid Humidity!!!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

rogueish wrote:I'm soooo excited!!! I'm picking up my new Rogue on Saturday! I'm getting the SL 2WD Premium Package, Moonroof, Wicked Black, Black Interior.

I had to go to another state to get the one I wanted, but you do what you gotta do. Here in Louisiana, all I could find was the S model, so off to Mississippi I went. I hate the fact that it'll have almost 200 miles on it before I ever get it in my driveway, but I'll enjoy the drive home.

I'll post some pics after I get it home.

BTW - Can anybody tell me if the oil filters are available for it at say Auto Zone or do I have to take it to a dealership when the time comes?
Congratulations! I saw a black Rouge with leather at the dealership wednesday, it was sharp ! Give us your thoughts after you get some miles in. I picked up an oil filter that day also... the parts department had to call Nissan to get the part number it was not in the dealers system yet. They said Nissan only uses two sizes of filters and they found that the Rogue uses the small filter part #15208-65F00... they also gave me some brass washers for the drain plug.

awestendorf
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Just a comment on the car color...I just traded in my black Highlander with gray interior for a blue Rogue with black interior...I can tell the heat difference already! Granted, it is finally starting to cool off, but there is definitely a difference. Prior to the Highlander, I had a dark silver Acura, and I will never buy a black car again while I live in AZ! I love the look of black cars, but a) they are impossible to keep looking clean for more than a few days, and b) the heat really does get unbearable during the summer months (so...about half the year). The blue Rogue has been more bearable - not as cool as a silver or white would be, but far better than the black. Hope that helps!
ron-svmale wrote:Hi rogueish, Congrats on you new Rogue...I was also wanting a Black one, but have been told that that color gets really hot inside. Can anyone comment on black/dark colored vehicles and the weather (particularly in Arizona). Perhaps someone who may have owned light (silver/beige) & dark (black/grey) colors can compare (if there is any difference at all, and it's just a myth).

Return to “Rogue Forum”