Chomps Nissan krom cube build

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
johnnybotz86
Car: nissan cube s

did you make that exhaust? or whered you get it looks sweet!! was deciding on whether or not to get the stillen setup for my cube. kinda holding out on the fujita intake and to see what else may be coming out but getting antsy. dont feel like waiting anymore!

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Hey, I had a local muffler shop do the work for me, all custom catback so I could have center exhaust. I agree though, that there are tons of new goodies coming out for our cubes. I personally want to switch out my stillen intake for a K&N typhoon intake instead. There are also other exhaust systems that are also available too. All in all it really depends on what you want and how much dough you got.

Paul

Kromcube I will see you there!

johnnybotz86

ive heard mixed things about the k&n products. the filter itself i heard is good as far as the total product.... eh. you arent too happy with the quality of the stillen? and i like the look of the stillen exhaust over say the dc sports although i wouldnt be surprised if the dc is better performance. just think the tip looks very ricy. saving the dough for the right stuff u kno. dont wanna spend money on something then find there was something else. first car im really moding. first new car purchase. wanna do it right. like the look of ur exhaust tho.... did it right.

johnnybotz86

ive heard mixed things about the k&n products. the filter itself i heard is good as far as the total product.... eh. you arent too happy with the quality of the stillen? and i like the look of the stillen exhaust over say the dc sports although i wouldnt be surprised if the dc is better performance. just think the tip looks very ricy. saving the dough for the right stuff u kno. dont wanna spend money on something then find there was something else. first car im really moding. first new car purchase. wanna do it right. like the look of ur exhaust tho.... did it right. so far put hid headlights and leds in the license plate display.

chompsticks

Yea, I am not sure about k&n products, but I really like the design of it. As far as the stillen, I am not to sure if I really like the design of it. I really want to get the Injen or K&N intake, but I will have to wait for a little while

I am in the same boat as you, this is the first car I have modded significantly. I have looked and looked around waiting to see all the new goodies coming out and wanting to do everything right. So far the only thing I did not do right was my choice in wheels... I really want to go the VIP route. I have been looking and looking for 18 or 19 inch wheels in chrome or black chrome. If they made my stock krom wheels in 19s I would be the happiest guy in the workl! LOL

Here is a list of all my mods for those who are curious.

Tanabe Sustec S-OC Coilovers

Custom Cat-back Exhaust with dual center tips by Conyers Mufflers

Rays Versus Campionatos SS7 18x7.5 +45

Perrycraft roof rails

Thule roof bike rack system

Xentec HIDs

Fog lights from Autozone

Fog light Stalk switch

Window Tint 35%

Apline iXa-W407 (DVD and Sirius)

Stillen Hi-Flow Intake

Custom cargo organizer

johnnybotz86

noo doubtt!! well sounds like a plan man. looking great!! ill be back here to update on what i go with. waitin to see the reviews on the fujita intake lotta hype with it. see if they come thru. happy modding!

johnnybotz86

also is the injen intake made for just the automatic? i need one for the 6sp manual.

chompsticks

Update! New wheels and spacer question!

So I got my wheels mounted on and now have a question about the fitment. I am trying to go flush (would go hellaflush but I can't go lower)

Should I add a spacer or leave it the way it is? I would at most go with a 15mm spacer for the rear and a 5 for the front. I think...

Here is where I am at now.

nice wheels! i almost went with the same style but they had a gold face on them :)

chompsticks

501 wrote:nice wheels! i almost went with the same style but they had a gold face on them :)
Would love to see some full face gold wheels on a caribbean blue!

TBrack
Car: none

I am really disapointed to see that is as low as those coilovers can go... Is it the rears that limit you?

If you can't go lower I don't think you should space the wheels out any more.

chompsticks

TBrack wrote:I am really disapointed to see that is as low as those coilovers can go... Is it the rears that limit you?

If you can't go lower I don't think you should space the wheels out any more.
Yea I was a bit too, but I did get the fronts 1/2 inch more low by removing the helper springs. The car is going for another all around 30 mm drop roughly... I am replacing the coils springs with 140mm vs the 170mm, and I am going to remove the rear lockrings and/or the adaptor (depending on how low that will make the car). I will be doing this tomorrow so we will see how it goes! Picture later!

And I see you are trying to sell your bike rack.... How much? I help you out by posting on another forum.

TBrack

whole set-up with the wind deflector, locks, and a raptor bike carrier retails for like $562 so I would say $400. I'll get a pic soon. I might be selling my mountain bike too, 2001 Marin Rock Springs in good condition.

chompsticks

F***! Okay, so replaced the spring with the shorter one yesterday, replaced it back with the old one today.... It was the perfect ride height, but it was just WAY to bouncy. So I ended up taking out the perches and changed the effective offset to +31F and +22R. I gotta say it looks better.

insanely^3
Car: 2009 Cube 1.8 White Pearl 6spd manual

TBrack, you still have that bike rack? where are you located?

TBrack

Yea I still got it. Was gonna repaint the clips any day now. I am in Knoxville, TN.

insanely^3

you still askin 400 for it? is that with shipping? would u sell without the bike rack?

TBrack

insanely^3 wrote:you still askin 400 for it? is that with shipping? would u sell without the bike rack?
email me so we don't clutter up this thread. [email protected]

chompsticks

TBrack wrote:
insanely^3 wrote:you still askin 400 for it? is that with shipping? would u sell without the bike rack?
email me so we don't clutter up this thread. [email protected]
Thread Jackers!!! :nono:

I keed keed :cool:

insanely^3

haha my bad chomp...

Im sure ive said this on NCL but your cube is legit bro keep up the good work :)

chompsticks

insanely^3 wrote:haha my bad chomp...

Im sure ive said this on NCL but your cube is legit bro keep up the good work :)

Nah man, do not worry about it. I am cool with it. :werd:

NCL though.... :wtf2:

insanely^3

nissan cube life?

chompsticks

Yes... What you were referring too???

What I mean about NCL is that everyone has been bickering like married couples in highschool....

insanely^3

oh yea tell me about it haha, its getting rediculous

TBrack

That's what you get when you don't have proper moderation and a strong initial foothold like NICO does. It would be nice if NICO would give us sub-forums like NCL for Wheels/Suspension, Interior, Exterior, and Performance.

chompsticks

I am sure if we ask the right person we can get that happening, just not sure because there is not much activity in here.

chompsticks

So it's been forever since I have updated my build thread.

Here is a shot of where I am at now.
Just added the hood deflector and the Nissan side window deflectors.
Work Euroline 18x8 wheels +25 all around
Front Ksport coilovers with Tanabe rear coilovers for the full low effect :yesnod
Nissan sports horn coming this week
I am still going to do the ragtop, just waiting on some more money.... :(

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

It just needs a chrome paint job.

chompsticks

Gotta admit, a chrome wrapped cube would be pretty awesome!

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

I'd love to see one.

Return to “Cube Forum”