New Owner, just wanted to say hi!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
poconosmama

Hi everyone,Picked up my Rogue yesterday. Have been looking for a new car for over a month now, traded in my 2004 Subaru Forester. Was going to get either another Forester or an Outback(can you tell I'm a subaru fan?lol) but honestly they are all starting to look so dated and arent any cheaper these days.I LOVE MY ROGUE . Got it last night already put on 300 miles unfortunately. But, it runs great, comfortable, I have two small boys and it's a great mommy mobile.Got the Venom Red SL with awd premium package, didnt want leather though I would have liked the extras that come in that package. The bluetooth works amazing, havent even had a chance to check out all the other fun stuff!Allison

mquebe

We want you to keep us future owners posted about your Rogue the things you like best the so so things etc. etc.Congratulations on your new purchase!

dreaderus
Car: 240 sx 93

how come you didnt want the leather?

poconosmama

I've just never preferred leather. My husband growls at that too but what can I say, personal preference. These seats are quite comfy thankfully!

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Welcome Allison!

Thanks for joining the forum and sharing your thoughts on your new Rogue. It's great to start hearing people talk about ownership experiences we've been anticipating for so long now!

If you have the ability to post pictures.. that would be really cool. It's always fun to see owner pictures of their cars.

As a parent.. are you impressed with the safety featuers? I know I was when I looked at the Rogue. I brought my little guy along, and was very impressed with what the salesperson had to say. The latch system for child seats in the back was also really nice!

poconosmama

Latch system works great. My older son is actually ready to take the back off of his booster so we'll try that later today and see how comfy he thinks it is lol. The back seat is a bit further back than my forester so there's some breathing room between us, and they have room between each other. Also they are a bit higher up and can see out the windows a bit more which they love.The blue tooth and radio stuff on the steering wheel I think are cool but are great safety features as well. The caller id displays on the radio and then you just press the button and you talk. I'm used to plain jane cars so I think that's just too neat.It is a beautiful fall day here so I will take some pics later.

mquebe

Thanks for the info. A couple of questions:How is your rear view visibility? I saw somewhere else that is limited on the Rogue. Is this true?What brand of cell phone do you use that is compatible with the Nissan Rogue?thanks

poconosmama

The rear visibility could be better. The back windshield is pretty narrow considering the size of the back of the car. I was used to a very large rectanglar window, so it took some getting used to. Today is day 4 and driving the boys to school I noticed that I've adjusted and have the feel of it. The rear view mirrors are much larger than my last car and I like that alot. Great visibility from those.I have an IPhone but I think any phone that can use wireless bluetooth may be able to synch up, not sure;)

mquebe

Sounds good. As long as the mirrors help you that is really what you need. If you have adjusted coming from a larger car that is great. I can't wait to go test drive one. A dealership close by me has one black Rogue but it doesn't have the premium package.I might stop by this coming weekend to take a look. I think it will be a couple of months before we start seeing a large number of them.Keep us posted about the things you like or don't like about the Rogue.thanks.

ron-svmale

FYI: I found this Bluetooth info on Nissan's website and want to share it with all Roguesters...I couldn't get the hyperlink in, so you'll have to copy/paste the link into your URL.

http://www.nissanusa.com/bluet...2&y=4

BTW, this is for all Nissans that have the Bluetooth feature...I found my phone there (Sanyo SCP-8400) and printed out the Setup Guide. Thanks Nissan!

Ron

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Nissan family

mquebe

How are you liking your new Rogue? Just checking.

poconosmama

I've had it a little over a week now and I still love it! Already put almost 2,000 miles on it from PA to NY a few times. It's comfy, quiet and just the right size for us!

natey1
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hi, I just got one (my first new car) on Sunday. 2wd SL with 2 wheel premium package. Silver Ice with Gray cloth interior. I'm loving it so far, I'll post my mpg when I get a first fillup, but 200 miles for the first half of the tank.Nathan

Return to “Rogue Forum”