New member!!

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Jonny_FWD_Skyline
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5L

Hello everyone! I’m Jonathan and this is my first post here. I recently sold my beloved first car, a 1995 Eagle Talon ESI, so I could buy my pop’s 6 speed 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5l SR as a nice upgrade to a car I can actually buy parts and windshields for. (No like for real, I couldn’t find a windshield to buy for my talon in two years of owning it, new or used. Still upsets me. I also call my new car a FWD skyline as it shares the same engine as Japan’s early 2000s Skylines.) The Altima coupe has been… interesting so far. Luck would have it a week after I purchased it off my dad the alternator kicked the bucket so I was out of a car for 7 weeks (long story will explain in another post if requested). Besides that the car has been a blast to drive, moving from a slow 140hp automatic to a much more powerful manual has been a wicked fun learning experience and everyday driving has become so much more engaging for me… although I still miss my talon everyday, damn that car was pretty looking. As for work done to the car I’ve gotten a couple basic things so far like an upgraded alarm, starter, and deck but nothing too crazy. I need new summer tires as well once the winter season breaks and I will be having it polished come summer, I was also considering a cat-back or axle back exhaust but still exploring my options as to what is available and what I should get. Another nice thing is that the transmission and clutch have both been fully replaced so I don’t have to worry about those being issues anytime soon, very glad as I’ve heard they’re problematic with these cars. Car is a bit high mileage sitting at 221000KM at the moment but knowing how long these engines are capable of running for and how my dad has taken care of it over the years I’m sure I’ll get at least another 80000km out of it which is plenty for what I paid.

If anyone has any tips or quirks I should know about my humble little Nissan here please let me know, I’m not super knowledgeable when it comes to the actually mechanics side of things with vehicles so any heads up in advance for potential problems would really help me out. Drops some pics below of both of my cars in case anyone was curious :)
Attachments
84621FBD-8004-4234-96A0-680A8CA1446F.jpeg
4F049BCF-E605-4395-8BC3-4550BCE6B8A1.jpeg

00pathyse
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

Nice Altima! Really like those 18 inch wheels, looks sharp. With proper maintenance they can last a long time imo.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Welcome to your new home away from home! :newbie:
:dance

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”