New MAF/MAP Setup UPDATE!! :)

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
TopStreet240
Car: Cars! movies, books,

Its looking sweet murray. Get it up and totally running so I can boost my car past 8psi. Im getting sick of only beating cars by a second or so, i need a 11 sec. time slip by the end of summer.

wsc

Excellent work Murray. Still very impressed with all the progress you've made! Keep it up!

1998cc

Dude that is totally bad ***. I will buy one as soon as it is ready cash in hand locked and loaded.

wsc

DSMs_Suck wrote: - When datalogging, the map will trace so you can see what the MAFT is doing in REAL TIME <- BAD *** FEATURE! What this means in layman's terms is that the current cell in the 3D fuel map will be highlighted to show you where the MAFT is reading from... SO if you feel a stutter somewhere you can drive around while watching the map and once you feel the stutter/problem you will know exactly where the map is to be modified :)
:ylsuper

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

im not that familiar with the KA's ignition system.

what is your plan for ignition timing control?

do you think it would be possible to control timing [retard] with 8 individual coil packs?

Tictakman

release date DSM?

Zak

Chezedik
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

Why would you need 8 packs, no more than 4, maybe even 2

IvoryJ30t

Chezedik wrote:Why would you need 8 packs, no more than 4, maybe even 2

eight cylinders.

SunshineAcid
Car: 89 240sx Ka24de swap

oh my god. im sold man. that interface kicks comeplete ***.

DSMs_Suck
Car: Money, *****es, and 40s

Ivory:

Ignition control would be done by literally retarding the stock signal from when it was come in. With the KA there is one ignition wire that the ECU uses to fire the cylinder (I believe I may need to run over the schematic again). My system would delay that signal for the given amount of degrees.

IF, in your case, the ECU delivers one ignition signal and the ignitor determines the distribution of the spark then this would work fine. If the ECU delivered eight seperate signals (VERY unlikely) then you would have a problem.

TicTakman:Honestly I am just doing a bunch of testing I want to make for sure that everything works well before I release it. I would say the fuel control version will be out within a week or 2.

SunshineAcid (and others):Thanks, I really appreciate it, its been A TON of time on my part and I'm glad you guys like it.

Murray

IvoryJ30t

damn, im gonna have to do something about ignition control.

the ECU sends descrete signals to the power transistors.

one trigger line per cylinder.

Quyen

just wanted to suscribe to this thread cause i'm definitly buyin one when u release them

Red-KAT
Car: 1995 240sx-se ka24det

Do we have an update on this?

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

Holy crap this project looks friggin awesome! I was looking at this awhile ago, but it kinda fell off my radar and after reading about it with all the new updates and such...all I can say is that this thing will hopefully be getting money that I don't totally have right now =) Just cuz im lazy, how much is this again?

Tictakman

um, he said 320.00 a while back. i was wondering myself where he/they were at on this. can you guys put some type of timing control in the unit?

Zak

turbo98_240sx
Car: computers, cars, anything that can do something and be made to do it faster stronger or better

Yeah I need one whats with it do you got any updates on this thing.

574-240sx
Car: Nissans, Toyotas, Subaru

Timing control would be nice. I just got my KAT running and possible could be a test subject soon. Nick

wsc

I see this thread is still kicking... if I didnt have two products in the works right now, I'd look into this one really seriously. The timing control all comes down to how the stock system is setup, could make it really hard to implement timing retard, I just dont know. In addition to figuring out the timing retard, if I were working on this product, I would have it connect through USB and do both datalogging and firmware updates through the USB connection... ie, if I came out with new code for the MAFT box, you wouldnt have to send me your box to get the code put into it. Plus USB gives you much quicker data transfer. Anyway I hope he gets his MAFT box working and out to the people who really need it. In the mean time, you hardcore DIY'ers out there should look at http://www.vems-group.org/ for a really cool way to get full standalone engine management for not much money....

spitz7985
Car: HICAS S13

Guys, I just e-mailed Murray and this was his response.

-Brandon

Quote »Yea sorry about it guys.. I'm still developing it... its just that myfriends at the shop have been screwing me out of a car... hence I can'teven get my own car to test on..

LOL, funny enough it is running their turbo KAT s13 as we speak. Runsreally nice only issue I have is getting an RPM filter on it cause theRPMreading is a bit shaky. Otherwise everything is going well... I shouldhave my car back (with piping) soon and I can have more developmentsthen.

Tell everyone on the board sorry its been so long, I just have no car toget around with for 2.5 months now cause of my "friends" at the shop :(

TTYL, and BTW if you want you can just copy and paste this too theboard.

MurrayWill be back shortly with the MAF :)[/quote]

mikesloud
Car: turbos and SPL world champ

Can you get it to work with sr20det ? I am having problems running s-afc with tuned ecu for 550 and Z32 and I have 50lb msd injectors Z32 maf , I thought I could get it to run ok ,but Itis too rich or too lean, can't get the 1 in and 1 out to work on S-afc. Looking for something else. I would buy one if it would help get resolution for my tuning.

spitz7985
Car: HICAS S13

He said he needs a test car with an sr20 to get it to work.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”