New juke owner with some questions.

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Nolander001
Car: 1975 280z
2012 juke SL

Just got a 2012 juke SL and so far I'm really loving it and I already wanna mod it like crazy but my fiancé is putting the foot down on that lol. I do have a couple of quick questions; I have an awd model and I'm assuming it's full time front wheel drive until you click the little button to put it into awd. That being said what's the difference between awd-v and awd? Also what kinda split is the awd? Is it like a 80 front wheels 20 rear wheels split? My third question has to do with blow off valves, since this is my first turbo car I wanna be a 15 year old boy again and install a different bov so i can actually hear it lol. Would I gain or lose anything by doing that? And last question for now cause I know I'm asking a lot, does anyone actually try to get serious power/drag times out of these cars or are they mostly just a 225-250 hp "hot hatch"?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Nolander001 wrote:Just got a 2012 juke SL and so far I'm really loving it and I already wanna mod it like crazy but my fiancé is putting the foot down on that lol. I do have a couple of quick questions; I have an awd model and I'm assuming it's full time front wheel drive until you click the little button to put it into awd. That being said what's the difference between awd-v and awd? Also what kinda split is the awd? Is it like a 80 front wheels 20 rear wheels split? My third question has to do with blow off valves, since this is my first turbo car I wanna be a 15 year old boy again and install a different bov so i can actually hear it lol. Would I gain or lose anything by doing that? And last question for now cause I know I'm asking a lot, does anyone actually try to get serious power/drag times out of these cars or are they mostly just a 225-250 hp "hot hatch"?
The AWD-V is a variable AWD mode where power is split based on what the car perceives the individual demand for traction is at each wheel. In anything but the most stuck-in-place situations (mud, deep snow that has you stopped, maybe sand?) AWD-V is your best bet. The power split on the all-out AWD is a front/rear 70-30 split.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJXHeVws5oE[/youtube]

(Weird, the embeded video won't play - here's the YouTube link Juke AWD/V Demo video

As far as changing out the BOV for another option I can't say that I've seen it done. It probably has been, but I've never seen it. The DIG-T is kind of crammed under the hood, I'm not sure how easy it'd be to get to and how much work you'd have to do once you got there. A far easier (but more expensive) option is to switch out the exhaust for a one that flows a little better. An exhaust doesn't do a lot on a naturally aspirated car, but on a force fed car it's can provide some substantial gains. Your hot hatch numbers are a bit off, the Juke is a 188HP/177TQ CUV not a 250HP hot hatch. That being said, there were some decent gains from the Stillen exhaust.

BLuds189

The BOV CAN be replaced, just make sure that it's a dual port design because a "vented" one doesn't play nice with the MAF sensor. As far as the hp goes, with the awd, you can easily get 200 awhp with simple bolt on upgrades and an ecu retune. But remember this, ...if you go over the 250 awtq mark, then you run the risk of VERY bad things happening to the CVT tranny. It wasn't built for that kind of power. It's been proven by others as the VERY weak point of the car.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”