new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
jlmedrano_1985
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT

Yep I got the GT.

After reading about people having trouble installing it I was dreading doing it but I just said screw it and installed it straight out fo the box. I didn't have any problems. I guess I just got lucky and they already had my engine code programmed.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

when you get the chance, not saying you have to do it now, can you read me your engine code, because the guy i talked to read me off a couple and i was wondering if yours was one of the ones he read off.

thanks

grv575

Can someone confirm whether their GT has a menu option under "user options" for "adjust volume"? The manual (p53) lists it, but I don't see it on the GT unit.

jlmedrano_1985
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT

ZN65A is my engine code

crayzitalian3

alright, thanks for that jlmedrano, it's not even similar to mine. but i will let bullydog know about it to see if they can work something out with that, thats only if its ok with you, it won't affect you in any way

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

Well I did 7 dynolicious runs last night an hour or so after it rained but luckly the road I was on was completely dry, but it was still humid as hell. Average HP was 240 but average 0-60......7 secs flat. Dunno why or how but pretty sure it was because of the s***ty weather and maybe even the 19" tires I have now. But I am going to try to install the tuner tonight after I get off work, run 5 or more runs again and I'll post them up after. Oh, best 1/4 mile was 14.76 @ 98.8.....so idk what's up with the 0-60.
Modified by BrianAdams03 at 10:50 AM 7/31/2009

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

Hey guys,

I had to run down the road a few miles this morning, and fooled around with the Bullydog a little more. A few things I noticed / wanted to point out:

1. There are some really cool things we can monitor like intake temperature, MAF pressure, and A/F ratio. I think these things (among some of the other monitor-able items) will be very useful to us. I could see intake temperature being a big one for you drag guys. I need to look up A/F ratios and see how mine is running (lean or rich). Seems to hang around 14.5 under normal driving, and dip down to the 11's briefly when I get on it.

2. It's not in the manual, but there's a "Performance" section in the Bullydog menu, that allows you do do some pretty cool stuff. The main one is it'll do a "performance test", which is essentially, it'll record your 0-60' sec, 0-60 mph, 1/8 mile time and speed, and 1/4 mile time and speed. This will be incredibly useful for us to see how much our mods have actually done for us, and I'm sure it's a lot more accurate than Dynolicious since it's reading actual information. It can either activate by as soon as you start moving, or it'll give you a countdown/tree (that's what it said at least, I didn't try the countdown one). I'm pretty excited about this feature, and can't wait for it to stop raining so I can really try it out. Finally! We have a way to do some real tests with our cars to compare with!

If I had to choose a word to describe how it has changed the car so far, it would probably be "stronger". The car just seems stronger, and it pulls more when you get on the gas. I'd imagine since I'm feeling it, it's the additional torque it has added.

So, day 2 and I'm actually still finding out cool things with it, and am enjoying it even more!

crayzitalian3

thats so cool.

glad to see you are liking it!!! and its becoming more useful then we thought it would be

1125Altima3.5

nurseryboy wrote:This will be incredibly useful for us to see how much our mods have actually done for us, and I'm sure it's a lot more accurate than Dynolicious since it's reading actual information.
That would depend on the precision of the car's speed sensors and the amount of wheel slip during the run. (Assuming you're on a level track.)

There's not much data out there on the precision of dynolicious, but people who have gone to the track have said that it's within a few percent.

crayzitalian3

im getting mine to work today im pretty sure, if yours isn't working, i think you should do the chat online thing with my guy because he is now familiar with what he has to do, his name is Gary, awesome awesome guy, i recommend him, and just let him know your problem and im sure you will get it done a lot quicker then i did!!

crayzitalian3

alright just found the technician at bullydog needs to do a special tune to get mine working. so i will be waiting up to 2 weeks. so we will see what happens

sorry guys

mcheddadi
Car: R8

crayzitalian3 wrote:alright just found the technician at bullydog needs to do a special tune to get mine working. so i will be waiting up to 2 weeks. so we will see what happens

sorry guys
you need an awesomeness award for all the effort you're putting into this man man!

mad props!!

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

mcheddadi wrote:
you need an awesomeness award for all the effort you're putting into this man man!

mad props!!
Effort???

Went to walmart after work to buy a mini usb thingy.

Went back to walmart to buy a scan disk reader

Realized the moron kid told me it had the adapter and didnt

Went back to walmart for the 3rd time to buy the adapter, pouring rain the 2nd and 3rd time.

Was told by "Matt" that the engineer will write my code and i will have the file by monday or tuesday. But i bet its more like Nicks 2 week bs wait.

BLAHHHHH

atleast i got my header

/rant

crayzitalian3

i want my header

the said 2 weeks but Gary said that the technician is so good at what he does and i should expect a call wednesday, so we will see!!

dldj, who is matt?

and thanks a lot Mehdi, i just want this to work and really want to see how this affects my ride lol!!!

but yeah guys like i said before, if you need help with bullydog, ask for Gary, he is awesome, he knows his stuff, very very friendly, and he is awesome!!!!

if you do ask for him, just let him know, Nick Posillico sent you, he should know me from all my error codes and the problems we ran into lol

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:i want my header

dldj, who is matt?
Matt is the tech support guy number 5, Gary is number 8. im not sure what that means lol

umm

put the header on, im gonna go see if i can delete the code in a few mins.

These jokers at bully dog better hurry up. they are lucky im not a terrorlst.

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8HxuDcZQsk

crayzitalian3

i want to put it on, but i want to wait for the flange, did anyone install the flange yet, if so how long do you think that would take by itself?

i was told that the header was longer than stock from my neighbor, but i know he isn't the smartest guy, is this true, or is it oem size?

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:i was told that the header was longer than stock from my neighbor, but i know he isn't the smartest guy, is this true, or is it oem size?
What the heck is he talking about?

Its a bolt on part, it fits like a glove gzzzzzzz

crayzitalian3

lol alright, how long do you think it would take to install cause i might go get it installed soon then

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

DIY 6 hours

Professionals 2 hours

crayzitalian3

alright, i might get in touch with my neighbor tonight to see what he says, i want these so bad, and when i receive my flange, i'll get that installed and i will be good to go!

crayzitalian3

just so you guys know, cause i thought i couldn't do this myself, you can still use the GT even if it failed to install. it still monitors all the stuff that happens in your engine. check it out

it's pretty cool!!!

grv575

Screen protector worth it?http://www.screenguardz.com/co...1.htm

$22 shipped for 3.

crayzitalian3

i don't think so cause you don't touch the screen and im sure it won't drop with that window mount it has, it's strong!, as long as you trust yourself with it, im sure you won't need it

but i mean its up to you because it's yours, so you do what makes you most happy

Dexion

nurseryboy wrote:Hey guys,

I had to run down the road a few miles this morning, and fooled around with the Bullydog a little more. A few things I noticed / wanted to point out:

1. There are some really cool things we can monitor like intake temperature, MAF pressure, and A/F ratio. I think these things (among some of the other monitor-able items) will be very useful to us. I could see intake temperature being a big one for you drag guys. I need to look up A/F ratios and see how mine is running (lean or rich). Seems to hang around 14.5 under normal driving, and dip down to the 11's briefly when I get on it.

2. It's not in the manual, but there's a "Performance" section in the Bullydog menu, that allows you do do some pretty cool stuff. The main one is it'll do a "performance test", which is essentially, it'll record your 0-60' sec, 0-60 mph, 1/8 mile time and speed, and 1/4 mile time and speed. This will be incredibly useful for us to see how much our mods have actually done for us, and I'm sure it's a lot more accurate than Dynolicious since it's reading actual information. It can either activate by as soon as you start moving, or it'll give you a countdown/tree (that's what it said at least, I didn't try the countdown one). I'm pretty excited about this feature, and can't wait for it to stop raining so I can really try it out. Finally! We have a way to do some real tests with our cars to compare with!

If I had to choose a word to describe how it has changed the car so far, it would probably be "stronger". The car just seems stronger, and it pulls more when you get on the gas. I'd imagine since I'm feeling it, it's the additional torque it has added.

So, day 2 and I'm actually still finding out cool things with it, and am enjoying it even more!
good info, did this tuner actually tweak the A/F ratios? Thats whats holding back alot of ponies on the 3.5 since after 5000RPM it runs very rich. 12.5 is what the Technosquare reflash ssets it to.

grv575

nurseryboy wrote:1. There are some really cool things we can monitor like intake temperature, MAF pressure, and A/F ratio. I think these things (among some of the other monitor-able items) will be very useful to us. I could see intake temperature being a big one for you drag guys. I need to look up A/F ratios and see how mine is running (lean or rich). Seems to hang around 14.5 under normal driving, and dip down to the 11's briefly when I get on it.
Dexion wrote:good info, did this tuner actually tweak the A/F ratios? Thats whats holding back alot of ponies on the 3.5 since after 5000RPM it runs very rich. 12.5 is what the Technosquare reflash ssets it to.
Eh? My 3.5 hangs around 12.5 A/F but jumps to 18.5 when I accelerate hard... Didn't change between the Standard & Performance tunes (haven't checked against stock though)

Now I'm confused...
nurseryboy wrote:2. It's not in the manual, but there's a "Performance" section in the Bullydog menu, that allows you do do some pretty cool stuff. The main one is it'll do a "performance test", which is essentially, it'll record your 0-60' sec, 0-60 mph, 1/8 mile time and speed, and 1/4 mile time and speed. This will be incredibly useful for us to see how much our mods have actually done for us, and I'm sure it's a lot more accurate than Dynolicious since it's reading actual information. It can either activate by as soon as you start moving, or it'll give you a countdown/tree (that's what it said at least, I didn't try the countdown one). I'm pretty excited about this feature, and can't wait for it to stop raining so I can really try it out. Finally! We have a way to do some real tests with our cars to compare with!
Wait did you try it at all? I tried the performance test (there's also a seperate 0-100km test on my menu) and it looks like it's about to log data but then immediately displays data log overflow. Did you get results? Did you just use the micro SD chip that came with the tuner or put in a larger store-bought one?
gearhead05 wrote:Do you think it would be possible to mount it in the storage area in the center console?
If you snake the wire right you can get it to stand upright in the center console ipod compartment (with the flip-cover). Stealth
jlmedrano_1985 wrote:I actually just took out of the box and installed it in like 45 minutes. I did the premium tune and for some reason I'm given the option to change the timing from -4 to +4 so I tried the +4.
Hey, some people are saying that their timing was like 15 or 14 or something stock. How do you find out what your timing is actually set to?

Also, I had the option to go +4 as well. Does this mean mine's retarded from the factory (15 is normal, right)?

The timing gauge display starts around -40 degrees whatever that means and can get as low as -15 or so. But that doesn't sound like the same thing.

I fiddled with the Regular and Premium tunes today. I was really surprised with the Regular tune gas mileage - I was getting 33 mpg @ 40mph cruise which I've never seen before (3.5L CVT) Premium tune did seem to decrease the gas mileage a bit compared to that (on par with stock I believe) but had more kick.

jumpman23_08
Car: altima coupe 08

i havent heard anything about the 2.5l, has anyone tested it on yet and how much hp does it give, and using the gt, does it mean u r able to change the cut of speed on it as well, and able to mess with the shifting points?

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

Anyone with one of the performance tunes installed notice that the throttle is still restricted to 80% under full acceleration?

Does it give you to option to remove the WOT restriction during the download or is there an option on the menu after the download? Still waiting for my software revision to be able to use the tuning functions but I have read that the Altimas do NOT have a WOT restriction which I disagree with. When I set the gauge to read the throttle %, it never goes much over 80% regardless of conditions when Stock.

grv575

jumpman23_08 wrote:i havent heard anything about the 2.5l, has anyone tested it on yet and how much hp does it give, and using the gt, does it mean u r able to change the cut of speed on it as well, and able to mess with the shifting points?
I don't think anyone with a manual has done a dyno yet. You can change the speed limiter, yes. You can't directly modify the shift points but I swear it shifts differently after upping the speed and rev limiters (rev limiter on cvt is supposed to do nothing but I've noticed a difference in how the car shifts - it's smoother and less jerky).
Datalux wrote:Anyone with one of the performance tunes installed notice that the throttle is still restricted to 80% under full acceleration?

Does it give you to option to remove the WOT restriction during the download or is there an option on the menu after the download? Still waiting for my software revision to be able to use the tuning functions but I have read that the Altimas do NOT have a WOT restriction which I disagree with. When I set the gauge to read the throttle %, it never goes much over 80% regardless of conditions when Stock.
Yeah I've heard that there is a WOT restriction but not as severe as on the trucks. I don't think they've added that feature yet, though they have said they were working on it.

razah9

So I just hooked up my ram air hose to my weapon r intake afterseeing the intake temp with this thing was up I think at 140 degrees.

Car had been driven about an hour before. So can anyone witha stock airbox & someone with an intake with no ram air hose postup their intake temp after driving it around to get it up to normal temps.

grv575

razah9 wrote:So I just hooked up my ram air hose to my weapon r intake afterseeing the intake temp with this thing was up I think at 140 degrees.
I'm stock 3.5L and intake temp stays around the 100-105 deg range. Coolant temps 200-210 usually. At what coolant temp should I set the warning to (what's too high)?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”