new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

good to hear all the good news

how many 2.5s have this installed and ready to use right now?

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

This isn't a writeup.. I just wanted to show where everything is and what fuse I used. It's nice we don't have to run the power out to the engine bay.

crayzitalian3

according to nurseryboy's picture, i used the 10a fuse located at the top left next to the 15a fuse because those fuses are labeled spare, so just take it out, run the wire through there and plug it back in!

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

am i reading that right did he use a 15?

Mine should be here shortly

nurseryboy

dldjros69 wrote:am i reading that right did he use a 15?
Yeah, I used a 15. I didn't see anywhere in the Bullydog documentation what amp (it's amp's, right?) fuse should be used. It was a choice between that 15 and the 10 right beside it, and a quick game of thumb-war decided the outcome. Has anyone seen anything from Bullydog that would suggest I should use a 10 instead? Been ok so far..

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Isnt 15 strong/more resistance than a 10.

Hmm this is gonna be fun

crayzitalian3

do you think i should switch it up to the 15a fuse?

nurseryboy

crayzitalian3 wrote:do you think i should switch it up to the 15a fuse?
Or should I switch it down to a 10a fuse? LOL

Maybe I should just call Bullydog.. Both seem to be working ok for us, but I hate to mess up anything at this point.

nurseryboy

Ok.. that was easy enough. I just called them and they said fuse amperage doesn't matter (so 10, 15, 20 is ok, according to the guy), as long as it's "key-on, key-off".

crayzitalian3

lol i will ask them when they call me back

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

The 15 Amp fuse will allow more current flow before it blows. I HIGHLY doubt the little device is going to pull anywhere near that amount of juice.

Did bully dog really send you guys a $300 product without detailed install instructions?

nurseryboy

Sentientbydesign wrote:The 15 Amp fuse will allow more current flow before it blows. I HIGHLY doubt the little device is going to pull anywhere near that amount of juice.

Did bully dog really send you guys a $300 product without detailed install instructions?
They sent an 81 page manual with it, but I don't see anywhere what amperage fuse to connect to. Guess that's because the guy from Bullydog just told me that any will do, but it would have been nice if they specified that.

I should mention that the little box from Bullydog that connects to the OBD2 port has a fuse in it, with a "2" on it, so it looks like it has it's own fuse, which may be why it doesn't matter? I don't know enough about this stuff, haha.

crayzitalian3

i used the 10a fuse that is circled, but those 2 are Spare fuses.

What i did was i took it out using a flat head screw driver, gently putting the head of the screw driver between the 10a and 15a fuse, i turn the head softly at the 10a fuse (use whichever you want) and slowly popped it out. then i took the wire provided and took the red sleeve protector off and placed it and held it in the slot where the 10a fuse was (or whichever fuse you used) As i held it there i tried to slide the fuse over the wire to secure it in and i slid it in. Once it was slid in, i pulled on it a little bit and it was secure and tight.

That's a little tutorial i used to hook up the fuse. that was the first time i ever dealt with fuses and it works great!!!

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

I'd suggest needle or long nose plier for pulling the fuse. They also have little fuse kits with special tweezer/fuse pullers.

nurseryboy

Sentientbydesign wrote:I'd suggest needle or long nose plier for pulling the fuse. They also have little fuse kits with special tweezer/fuse pullers.
There's actually a "fuse puller" on that fuse board. If you look at my picture, the bottom row of fuses, to the right there's a white rectangle (right beside the last fuse to the right). That's where the fuse puller is. Mine was out because I had used it, but that's where it should be and it makes pulling out the fuses pretty easy.

crayzitalian3

lol i wish i knew that ahead of time!!

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

LOL theres almost always a puller in every car!

BULLETIN!

I had sent several emails to Bullydog trying to get a GT tuner to evaluate and post about... they didnt respond... and today I got one in the mail with my name on it and they still havent contacted me..

MENDI or anyone else who i relay stuff to, if you ordered this to me, EMAIL ME!

DaCoupe
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 6MT, 2006 Ninja ZX-6 636, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0

crayzitalian3 wrote:lol i wish i knew that ahead of time!!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

I just tried to apply the tune and got the 453 or 435 error

wtf

txcoupe
Car: 08 coupe 3.5 CVT

LongBeachCoupe wrote:LOL theres almost always a puller in every car!

BULLETIN!

I had sent several emails to Bullydog trying to get a GT tuner to evaluate and post about... they didnt respond... and today I got one in the mail with my name on it and they still havent contacted me..

MENDI or anyone else who i relay stuff to, if you ordered this to me, EMAIL ME!
Are you telling us that a GT tuner just showed up in the mail?

For free?

Nada?

Nothing?

No money exchanged?

That's pretty awesome.

crayzitalian3

dldj, thats what i have been working on with bullydog today. it isn't fully finished for the 2.5s, so i might have the finished update for tomorrow, i will let you know!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:dldj, thats what i have been working on with bullydog today. it isn't fully finished for the 2.5s, so i might have the finished update for tomorrow, i will let you know!
Is your finished update my update or is it different?

I get outta work at 230 and i am going to the little wayne concert. I hope to have this by then, but i doubt it.

Oh well

BlackNWhite
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

LongBeachCoupe wrote:MENDI or anyone else who i relay stuff to, if you ordered this to me, EMAIL ME!
Oh, that was me Brian.

You got my addy, go ahead and send it when you got time.

crayzitalian3

dldjros69 wrote:
Is your finished update my update or is it different?

I get outta work at 230 and i am going to the little wayne concert. I hope to have this by then, but i doubt it.

Oh well
well im only assuming so because we both have 2.5s. So far i don't think one 2.5er has this up and running.

so hopefully tomorrow i will have the guy, who helped me out all day, help me get the technician to work on my error code to see if it will get running and then im sure once we fix mine, whatever other 2.5er wants to call, im sure it would be a lot easier then what i went through.

i was literally on the phone for about 4 hours getting this to work. i had a non working sim card given to me. so i had to go out and get another. and all this other stuff, but now the card is good and just have to get a code cleared and then im should be up and running. but according to the guy who helped me, the technician who deals with all these problems has been busy, so hopefully he can get around to my situation before tomorrow is over

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:
well im only assuming so because we both have 2.5s. So far i don't think one 2.5er has this up and running.
Im going to call first thing at 10 am tomorrow morning. Ill drop your name, that may help.

What is this mini usb bs?

mcheddadi
Car: R8

BlackNWhite wrote:Oh, that was me Brian.

You got my addy, go ahead and send it when you got time.

seriously, it was me. I replied to your email brian lol, can't believe you forgot about it lol

crayzitalian3

im not sure, but what i did was, i know that the ps3 controller wire, garmin nuvi wire, and lg dare and newer wire (the one that can detach from the plug) can fit into the Tuner and can connect to the comp through the USB.

Im not sure exactly what you don't know about it, all it does is connect it to the comp, don't be fooled the HDMI wires do connect from the Tuner to the comp but it doesn't work properly.

nurseryboy

crayzitalian3 wrote:don't be fooled the HDMI wires do connect from the Tuner to the comp but it doesn't work properly.
Yeah dude.. I was sorely disappointed when I couldn't watch my bluray movies on it! That 2.25" screen would rock high-def! Haha (It is weird that they chose to use HDMI. Guess it fit their requirements. At least it's not some proprietary cable that they could charge an arm-and-a-leg for.)

Anyhow.. hooking it up to your computer via USB, and choosing the option on the tuner (once it turns on) to disable USB mode actually "boots up" the unit and you can get in and fool around with it (at least see the interface and press buttons, haha).

jlmedrano_1985
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT

I actually just took out of the box and installed it in like 45 minutes. I did the premium tune and for some reason I'm given the option to change the timing from -4 to +4 so I tried the +4.

Initial Impressions: The cars seems to pull harder from 3k up than it did before. i'm impressed with the improvement of the 2.5L. I could just be excited with my new toy but I dont regret it buying it.
Modified by jlmedrano_1985 at 2:22 PM 8/3/2009

crayzitalian3

jlmedrano_1985 wrote:I actually just took out of the box and installed it in like 45 minutes. I did the premium tune and for some reason I'm given the option to change the timing from -4 to +4 so I tried the +4.

Initial Impressions: The cars seems to pull harder from 3k up than it did before. Butt dyno is impressed with the improvement of the 2.5L. I could just be excited with my new toy but I dont regret it buying it.
you have the GT?

how did you get yours to work, i was having problems all day

Return to “Altima General Discussions”