new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

I was debating canceling my order today as well because one of the biggest things I wanted was adjusting your speedo to after market rims and apparently it doesn't allow it and increase the rev limiter as well(kindof figured you couldn't on an auto since it's controlled by the transmission and I knew they didn't crack it since we can't mess with the gear ratios). But I called to find out where my order was and it's already being shipped and will be here tomorrow.

So I'll post up what I think about it after I fully read through the manual and everything. Was going to try to go to the strip tonight(only 1/8 but still better than nothing) and was going to use the Dynolicuous app and get 5-8 definite numbers and compare them to after I install the tuner....BUT it's suppose to rain and has been raining for the past day, so I highly doubt the track will be open.

Dest556
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

I just received mine today. Like, two minutes ago. Never got an email, it just showed up at my door. Debating to go install it right now.......

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

gearhead05 wrote:
+1. I see that a couple people have gotten it but I haven't really seen anyone give a review or any type of or
OK, I didn't want to do a write up because I wanted to let some of the newer guys do this write up and get themselves a custom title... I will add my overall impressions after someone does their write up!

In any case, I must admit that I was a bit surprised that I couldn't adjust the speedometer for our cars... and also,I don't like not being able to increase the rev limit...
Sentientbydesign wrote:I was really hoping this would be great for you guys, but it sounds like I made a bunch of correct assumptions.

Starting to sound like an OBDII reader that tells you how to drive less agressively.
Performance Tune (91 octane) +25~30 horsepowerRemove Speed Limiter Adjust Timing +or - 2 degrees... those are the performance features, the first two alone im my book are worth the $300 dollars spent on the unit, then there's a bunch of other minitoring features, some of which I'm using, some of which I'm not...

in either case, its more than an OBII reader that tells you how to drive less agressively... if you want to bring your G down to San Diego, I'll take my 350lbs of stereo equipment out of the trunk... let's do a test run on I-52.. and I'll be sure to bring the video camera... then, come back on here and tell everyone that its just an OBD-II reader

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

rjdmmfl1 wrote:if you want to bring your G down to San Diego, I'll take my 350lbs of stereo equipment out of the trunk... let's do a test run on I-52.. and I'll be sure to bring the video camera... then, come back on here and tell everyone that its just an OBD-II reader
do it, do it, do it

Dest556

I installed mine. Took pictures throughout the process. I can do a write up later tonight.

What do I think of it so far?I like it.I don't know if it's just me over thinking it yet or not, but I do feel a bit more power out of this little engine. I just filled up on premium so I set it to the premium tune and adjusted the timing +2. I almost want to say that my car sounded a little bit louder, but that could have just been my ears messing with me because I was sitting around in my quite apartment complex installing this for about 30 minutes. I didn't get to hit the highway very hard yet because it's rush hour over here. =(I plan on taking it back out tonight and see if I can notice a more definite difference.

1125Altima3.5

BrianAdams03 wrote:Was going to try to go to the strip tonight(only 1/8 but still better than nothing) and was going to use the Dynolicuous app and get 5-8 definite numbers and compare them to after I install the tuner....BUT it's suppose to rain and has been raining for the past day, so I highly doubt the track will be open.
This is really what we need to see if this tool does anything, please let us know. (Although the internet chest-pounding does serve a purpose too!)

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
OK, I didn't want to do a write up because I wanted to let some of the newer guys do this write up and get themselves a custom title... I will add my overall impressions after someone does their write up!

In any case, I must admit that I was a bit surprised that I couldn't adjust the speedometer for our cars... and also,I don't like not being able to increase the rev limit...

Performance Tune (91 octane) +25~30 horsepowerRemove Speed Limiter Adjust Timing +or - 2 degrees... those are the performance features, the first two alone im my book are worth the $300 dollars spent on the unit, then there's a bunch of other minitoring features, some of which I'm using, some of which I'm not...

in either case, its more than an OBII reader that tells you how to drive less agressively... if you want to bring your G down to San Diego, I'll take my 350lbs of stereo equipment out of the trunk... let's do a test run on I-52.. and I'll be sure to bring the video camera... then, come back on here and tell everyone that its just an OBD-II reader
Has anybody confirmed the 25-30 hp on a 6mt ALTIMA?

The claims on their website are generic for all Nissans supported which we all know have different engines and different tunes. You can't say 25-30 hp increase and not specify on which vehicle.

Removing the speed limiter is nice, but how many of you are really going to go more than double the speed limit? I've only done it once and stopped well before my speed limiter (which I believe is around 150).

You want to race me??? Sweet! This should be interesting. My coupe puts down a hell of a lot more power than most Gs do.

I think the rotating weight of your gorgeous (but heavier than the kool-aid man) wheels will make up for the weight difference.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

rjdmmfl1 wrote:

Performance Tune (91 octane) +25~30 horsepower
Thats cool, I understand letting someone else take a shot at it. I was really waiting to hear about the power increase that was advertised and see if it was true. I'm assuming you could definetly feel the added power?

txcoupe
Car: 08 coupe 3.5 CVT

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
Was wondering if it monitors the A/F ratio? And if it does, is there a difference (@ idle and @ redline) between the stock and the performance tune?

and... Is the +25~30 HP based on a stock OEM setup, or is that the potential HP gain with a few mods? (intake and Y-pipe installed)

I've been talking with the people at UpRev (let them download the ECU data off my alti) and it's a four week wait for a tune. But Bullydog is offering instant gratification now that the GT tuner is finally released.What to do? What to do?

Come on people! Somebody post a write up with some hard info. No facts + No pics = FAIL! lol

Coupeguy23
Car: 2006 G35 coupe sport

hey rjdmmfl1 where did mount monitor in your car at ? is there any 2.5 that has it and loves it . thinking about getting this

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

txcoupe wrote:
Was wondering if it monitors the A/F ratio? And if it does, is there a difference (@ idle and @ redline) between the stock and the performance tune?

and... Is the +25~30 HP based on a stock OEM setup, or is that the potential HP gain with a few mods? (intake and Y-pipe installed)

I've been talking with the people at UpRev (let them download the ECU data off my alti) and it's a four week wait for a tune. But Bullydog is offering instant gratification now that the GT tuner is finally released.What to do? What to do?

Come on people! Somebody post a write up with some hard info. No facts + No pics = FAIL! lol
I plan on getting an Osiris from UpRev. Being able to switch amongst 5 tunes via the cruise control button is a HUGE plus for me. Plus they have proven results on Nissan/Infiniti.

l33th41
Car: 2010 Nissan 370Z
2010 Mazda 3

My ECU was tuned by UpRev.. Can't speak for an ecu tune on a NA coupe since i'm boosted... Also had them 'tweak' some emissions related codes
txcoupe wrote:I've been talking with the people at UpRev (let them download the ECU data off my alti) and it's a four week wait for a tune. But Bullydog is offering instant gratification now that the GT tuner is finally released.What to do? What to do?

txcoupe
Car: 08 coupe 3.5 CVT

This is what one of the tuner guys @ UpRev was driving the day I stopped by. He said something about "it's only got a pair of small twins on it right now."SICK! SICK! SICK! SICK!SICK! SICK!

My crappy cell phone camera doesn't even show how BADASS the paint job on this ride is.

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

So if am reading this right it is a 300 bill POS?

Oh and as far as adjusting the sppedo...

The dealer (2 of them ) said it was impossible. Even with the OBDII or II (now that is what the dealer said....I put redneck tires on my Titan and asked about the alti...they said with what they have they cannot do it, but some "tuner geek" may be able to figure out something...

again dealer speak..

Again back to the orginal thing so this basically isn't worth it?

BrianAdams03

1125Altima3.5 wrote:
This is really what we need to see if this tool does anything, please let us know. (Although the internet chest-pounding does serve a purpose too!)
Well I went to the track last night and since it's been raining so much for the past few days(yesterday is the only day this week it hasn't rained go figure) they decided on not turning on the timing machines. I mean it's just plug the bastard in and hand someone a piece of paper....... But w/e.

I had the DynoLicious app going the first 3 times I ran and it was not pretty. I think the app doesn't like doing 1/8 times cause the best I got was 0-60 in 7.72 and 1/8 in 11 seconds(I lol'd hard when i saw that) and the worst I got was 0-60 in 12.68 secs and 1/8 in 15.53(lol'd even harder that time). So I just said screw it. I don't think it was the app tbh, I think it was me because I was trying to time it and the light at the same time and that doesn't work too well.

If it comes in tonight I'm going to try to wait till this weekend to install it and hit the track again on another day. Hopefully it won't be 99% humidity and 85 degrees outside.
LinkNuc wrote:So if am reading this right it is a 300 bill POS?..........Again back to the orginal thing so this basically isn't worth it?
I'll hopefully be able to answer this later this week but I'm going to say yes worth it because the of the +2 timing, premium tune, and monitoring it does as well.

rjdmmfl1

gearhead05 wrote:Thats cool, I understand letting someone else take a shot at it. I was really waiting to hear about the power increase that was advertised and see if it was true. I'm assuming you could definetly feel the added power?
definately feel the power increase... a bit at takeoff, but in the mid power band is where I feel it most... only got it up to 145 so far (that's all I could do safely) butthere's no more slowing down once you hit 120 mph like before... and I know the 2.5's will appreaite not being limited to 113 anymore...

I've seen alot of things people spend $300 dollars on... and this is the best $300 I've spent on my car so far!
txcoupe wrote:

yes, it monitors the A/FD ratio as well... I don't have mine monitoring it, so I didn't check before and after...

honestly guys, this thing is loaded with monitoring features.. it would take forever to analyze differences before and after of ALL of the things this item can monitor
Coupeguy23 wrote:hey rjdmmfl1 where did mount monitor in your car at ? is there any 2.5 that has it and loves it . thinking about getting this
mounted it on the driver's side, next to my custom A-pillars...
LinkNuc wrote:So if am reading this right it is a 300 bill POS?

Oh and as far as adjusting the sppedo...

The dealer (2 of them ) said it was impossible. Even with the OBDII or II (now that is what the dealer said....I put redneck tires on my Titan and asked about the alti...they said with what they have they cannot do it, but some "tuner geek" may be able to figure out something...

again dealer speak..

Again back to the orginal thing so this basically isn't worth it?

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

[QUOTE=rjdmmfl1]

definately feel the power increase... a bit at takeoff, but in the mid power band is where I feel it most... [QUOTE=rjdmmfl1]

So no real evidence yet just the proverbial "butt-dyno"

rjdmmfl1

I don't really go to tracks like that... but if I had the time, I would be willing to return it to stock... do three runs at the track... then do the tune, and do three more runs... but this wouldn't be anytime soon, I have waayy too much to do , but I may be willing to lend it out to someone here in SOCAL if they want to take it to the track, and do this one weekend.....

for CVT folks, this is the only reliable way to see any real difference since we can't dyno the car

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

rjdmmfl1 wrote:mounted it on the driver's side, next to my custom A-pillars...
Do you think it would be possible to mount it in the storage area in the center console?

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

i will be receiving my tuner today, when i get it, what should i do if it doesn't work? just call them up?

Dest556

I had no problems getting it to work with my car. I plugged it in and then set it to Nissan 2007.5-2008 and it recognized the car just fine.

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

crayzitalian3 wrote:i will be receiving my tuner today, when i get it, what should i do if it doesn't work? just call them up?
UPS truck just went by, so I guess I'm not getting mine today Haven't gotten an email either..

BrianAdams03

Got mine in today. Went and picked it up from the house on my lunch break. I'm going to read up on it once I get home and try to find one of the backroads that's straight enough and nonpopulated(so jackasses won't get to much in a tissy) and try to do some Dynolicious runs with it.

This thing is TINY see pic and you'll know what I mean. That's a standard size CC behind it.

Importroller
Car: G35 and 07 Altima 3.5 6spd

i didn't read every post, but did any of you install it on a manual yet?

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

Everybody write down his security code!!! hahaha

We blur out license plate info, but not CC security codes

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

lol i already ordered my exhaust. thanks Brian

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

Well, after two days and 2 hrs. on the phone & chat system, word is they need to write a new file for my ECU P/N. Apparently they had a limited number of P/N's they had written for but there are several different P/N's out there (07.5-09) that will need to have code adjustments to work (download). So if you get an error code # 453 - you'll have to call them to get a new file.

When I spoke to them yesterday - they said they would have it by today, but are now saying tomorrow or Friday as there is only one engineer writing the code changes as the new P/N's roll in. <sigh>

BigDankCloud
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

OK, so more and more people are getting it in, and are reporting that they feel a performance enhancement.

NOW I have more questions. How many of you have changed the timing parameters (advanced to +2). Have any of you experienced engine problems? Heard knocking noises? Anything weird at all?

rjdmmfl1

BigDankCloud wrote:OK, so more and more people are getting it in, and are reporting that they feel a performance enhancement.

NOW I have more questions. How many of you have changed the timing parameters (advanced to +2). Have any of you experienced engine problems? Heard knocking noises? Anything weird at all?
changed to +2 on mine, no engine knock... running 91 octane.. (hard to find anything more in San diego)

XXplosive990
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 CVT

damn... lol i want this.... but im still not convinced, maybe some track times or some dynos will convince me......

Return to “Altima General Discussions”