new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
brakthru

Hi guys,

I have the powerpup for my 07" 3.5 altima cvt and it does increase performance and gas mileage. I can increase the base idle to 1k and timing at least 2 degrees. MY base timing starts at -2 degrees according to the device so I can actually go up to +2 degrees which would be 4 total. The premium tune gives the most power. I'm not sure how much but it takes off about 3 tenths of a second on my 0-60 time. Maybe more if I did not lose so much back pressure with this still cat back. The only draw back I have with the powerpup is you can not change the REV LIMITER ON THE CVT. I have spoken with bulley dog on numberous occasions and they say the power pup tunes the ecu not the tranny. The TRIPLE DOG GT AND THE POWER PUP have the exact tuning programs/function. You just get the monitoring features with the GT so you will not get your REV LIMIT changed with either device according to bully dog. Also, their is no wide open throttle restriction on our cars according to nissan and bully dog. This feature was intended for the trucks. When we step on the pedal, throttle should already be wide open. The feature will not be inabled on the GT or Powerpup. However, you will get a little extra power. Hopes this helps.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

any news on the tuner, did you get it to work yet or is it still not working with your car?

DaCoupe
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 6MT, 2006 Ninja ZX-6 636, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0

crayzitalian3 wrote:any news on the tuner, did you get it to work yet or is it still not working with your car?

Dexion

brakthru wrote:Hi guys,

I have the powerpup for my 07" 3.5 altima cvt and it does increase performance and gas mileage. I can increase the base idle to 1k and timing at least 2 degrees. MY base timing starts at -2 degrees according to the device so I can actually go up to +2 degrees which would be 4 total. The premium tune gives the most power. I'm not sure how much but it takes off about 3 tenths of a second on my 0-60 time. Maybe more if I did not lose so much back pressure with this still cat back. The only draw back I have with the powerpup is you can not change the REV LIMITER ON THE CVT. I have spoken with bulley dog on numberous occasions and they say the power pup tunes the ecu not the tranny. The TRIPLE DOG GT AND THE POWER PUP have the exact tuning programs/function. You just get the monitoring features with the GT so you will not get your REV LIMIT changed with either device according to bully dog. Also, their is no wide open throttle restriction on our cars according to nissan and bully dog. This feature was intended for the trucks. When we step on the pedal, throttle should already be wide open. The feature will not be inabled on the GT or Powerpup. However, you will get a little extra power. Hopes this helps.
Yup because you'd need to hack your way into the TCM in order to tell the CVT to rev higher, sorry CVT guys!

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

crayzitalian3 wrote:any news on the tuner, did you get it to work yet or is it still not working with your car?

Any word yet?

crayzitalian3

guys, i just got word from ourdealsrock saying that

they shipped today

so who ever ordered from them should be receiving it by the end of the week hopefully or beginning of next week.

i can't believe my eyes man!!!! this is like a myth finally becoming true lol!

crayzitalian3

and one more thing about the shipping, i read it takes 2-7 days so it should come wednesday through tuesday! Sunday doesn't count just so you know, well unless your cool like me !

DaCoupe

crayzitalian3 wrote:and one more thing about the shipping, i read it takes 2-7 days so it should come wednesday through tuesday! Sunday doesn't count just so you know, well unless your cool like me !
Nice! better take some pics and give us a review

crayzitalian3

i'll try hopefully rj got intouch with them to see if they can get it to work with our cars because it's not updated or something

crayzitalian3

JUST RECEIVED MY TRACKING NUMBER

yes yes yes yes

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

crayzitalian3 wrote:JUST RECEIVED MY TRACKING NUMBER

yes yes yes yes
Sweeeeeet!!

Did you get the tracking number from Truckaddons, or from Bullydog? Also, what carrier is it being shipped through?

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

ok, guys, few updates

1. shipped to my house via UPS.. never got a tracking number, it just arrived on Friday

2. the unit is working fine, there are no updates available as it just came out... I was just following the guidelines to the T, and when it didn't instantly start downloading when I connected it, i didn't want to take any chances.... better safe than sorry!

3. Total install only took about 25 minutes start to finish. I'll take pics later today. You can change the background so that it matched the vehicle interior... amber/black, blue, green, white/black, black/white are the main options... so even the folks with surman's dash exchange will still have a perfectly matching unit

4. a. I changed the Rev limit to 7,000, b. I opted for the premium tunec. I changed the speed limiter to 180mph (yeah I know, I won't get that high) oh yeah, and for the record, the factory speed limiter is set at 127mph... ... anyway, it sucks for GM vehicles because they have a maximum of 135 even with the Gt unit... LOL

some of the options are not available for our car... anyway, I haven't driven the vehicle yet (except in revers which my butt dyno tells me was faster)

I'm headed into lab today, I'll tell you guys how the drive goes....

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Thanks for the update doc

Cant wait to hear more

Oh and still no tracking number for me, im starting to get angry

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

dldjros69 wrote:Thanks for the update doc

Cant wait to hear more

Oh and still no tracking number for me, im starting to get angry

I'm at work and can't access hotmail except on my iPhone and I'm getting paranoid the damn thing is going to get stuck in one of my monitors......

But it would be wonderful if it was just sitting at my front door when I get home

crayzitalian3

rj, is your car stick or cvt, supposedly if it is cvt you can't change the rev limiter or something? but your post is stating you can, but is it stick or cvt?!?

DaCoupe

crayzitalian3 wrote:rj, is your car stick or cvt, supposedly if it is cvt you can't change the rev limiter or something? but your post is stating you can, but is it stick or cvt?!?
His is CVT, Im 100% sure.

On another note, I completely forgot to find out, does this tuner come with launch control?

crayzitalian3

as in the bmw m series launch control, and the misused GTR launch control lol

i watched a video about the guy who was behind the GTR and he said people misuse the launch control button on the GTR's because they think it is for accerleration and they blow their trannies after a certain amount of times doing it. he stated that it is meant for being stuck in the mud or the snow and what it does is, it builds up the RPMS and launches you out of where ever your stuck.

lol so all those stories of people blowing their trannies, it's because they didn't use launch control correctly. He even states it is in the owners manual.

but i don't think it has a launch control, it would be so cool.

the tracking number says my tuner is in san diego.

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

crayzitalian3 wrote:
the tracking number says my tuner is in san diego.
sorry dude, I took it off the truck, and sold it here for $50!...lol

seriously, yes I have CVT... with the rev limiter, Dexion was right.. sort of..

we can change the rev limiter to 7000 on the GT unit, but the CVT computer controls that, and does NOT get overridden by the GT, so even though its changed on the GT unit, the car still only does the factory limit... sucks I know...

also, we can't adjust the tire size for the speedometer... sucks again

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

UPS just dropped mine off about an hour ago. May try to hook it up tonight so I can see how it works on the way to work tomorrow. Ordered 5/31, delivered 7/27

crayzitalian3

datalux, any news on the install?

and sorry to get off topic, but how much were your tails?

DaCoupe

crayzitalian3 wrote:but i don't think it has a launch control, it would be so cool.

It should it is a TUNER , as far as i know most tuners have this feature.
rjdmmfl1 wrote:also, we can't adjust the tire size for the speedometer... sucks again
Why can't you do that?

Coupeguy23
Car: 2006 G35 coupe sport

does anybody know how long the discount last think about ordering it ?

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

Install was fine (pretty clean actually) but the download is not working. Device can read function of vehicle just fine but after 3 tries at the download I get 45 min of READING ENGINE XX% and after it hits 100% it gives an error code and says that it needs to be updated. Connecting to the PC is no joy as the BD Update Agent doesn't seem to see it or provide anything to update. It comes up in USB mode and says to hit 2 key to exit USB mode. Leaving it in USB or not makes no difference as the Update Agent does not recognize it.

I'm loading the 07.5-09 vehicle on the device, I am updating the GT tuner which loads into memory just fine but the download keeps failing with the same error... <Sigh> Any thoughts Rob?
Modified by Datalux at 11:05 PM 7/27/2009

D-Roll
Car: 08 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe

Datalux wrote:Install was fine (pretty clean actually) but the download is not working. Device can read function of vehicle just fine but after 3 tries at the download I get 45 min of READING ENGINE XX% and after it hits 100% it gives an error code and says that it needs to be updated. Connecting to the PC is no joy as the BD Update Agent doesn't seem to see it or provide anything to update. It comes up in USB mode and says to hit 2 key to exit USB mode. Leaving it in USB or not makes no difference as the Update Agent does not recognize it.

I'm loading the 07.5-09 vehicle on the device, I am updating the GT tuner which loads into memory just fine but the download keeps failing with the same error... <Sigh> Any thoughts Rob?

Modified by Datalux at 11:05 PM 7/27/2009
I had the same issue so i contacted Bullydog, and the tech had to design a file specific to my ecu. Each car is different, so just contact them. I got the file within 24 hrs, downloaded it to my pc, then uploaded to the BD Update Agent, plugged it up to the coupe and it's been golden since then

BigDankCloud
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

So, those with the tuner.... what are your initial impressions. Does the car drive better/ worse/ unable to tell with butt dyno or iphone dyno? Did you advance timing at all? Did you try out the driving coach to see if it works as advertised (teaching you to drive for better fuel efficiency {i would really like that for my trips to work and back}). Did anyone take it out on the open highway and try to get up over the stock speed limit?

And finally: Pics or fail.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

BigDankCloud wrote:So, those with the tuner.... what are your initial impressions.
+1. I see that a couple people have gotten it but I haven't really seen anyone give a review or any type of or

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

Datalux wrote:Install was fine (pretty clean actually) but the download is not working. Device can read function of vehicle just fine but after 3 tries at the download I get 45 min of READING ENGINE XX% and after it hits 100% it gives an error code and says that it needs to be updated. Connecting to the PC is no joy as the BD Update Agent doesn't seem to see it or provide anything to update. It comes up in USB mode and says to hit 2 key to exit USB mode. Leaving it in USB or not makes no difference as the Update Agent does not recognize it.

That's a bummer. Let us know how it goes with getting the modified file from Bullydog.

Also, could you show/explain to us how you installed it (ran wires, mounted it, etc)? Also, did you need anything aside from what came with it?

Thanks!

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

I was really hoping this would be great for you guys, but it sounds like I made a bunch of correct assumptions.

Starting to sound like an OBDII reader that tells you how to drive less agressively.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Sentientbydesign wrote:I was really hoping this would be great for you guys, but it sounds like I made a bunch of correct assumptions.

Starting to sound like an OBDII reader that tells you how to drive less agressively.
Premium tune???

unknow
Car: 2008 Altima Sedan 2.5 S CVT

I canceled my order cuz the only feature I was looking for is increase rev limit for cvt If any 2.5 CVT user was able to find a way to increase the rev limit I may order this again.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”