new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Ricko
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

Geeze, with all these issues I vote NO on the tuner.

Dexion

Anyways whats the trick to updating this thing again? I am using PMTidf.bin since the GTGIDF.bin does nothing.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Dexion wrote:Anyways whats the trick to updating this thing again? I am using PMTidf.bin since the GTGIDF.bin does nothing.
yeah the thing is PMTidf.bin is fNOT for this unit. it will not update it correctly. you need to get the original file back and it will recognise it as the GAS tuner. they updated their update tool to recognise it now.

Dexion

Ok, I got the GTGIDF.bin file back in there, went on their website and downloaded it again... still nothing. Is there another location where the Upload Agent is updated? It still says version 1.0.0.0 on the Agent.

unknow
Car: 2008 Altima Sedan 2.5 S CVT

^What OS are you using? If you using 64 bit OS then for some reason the Bully Dog Update Agent doesn't work correctly with it.

If you want I can upload to you the updated files.

cujo1809
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE CVT Premium Package

I am using vista 64 can you give me the files since it wont work for me.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

cujo1809 wrote:I am using vista 64 can you give me the files since it wont work for me.
Playa im ballin with windows 64 tooo nothing works with it...

im tuned thought so it will work eventually

unknow

cujo1809 wrote:I am using vista 64 can you give me the files since it wont work for me.
Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzlndqaz1jw

vTechnique1x1
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

i have the bullydog power pup tuner and my settings r the following

2.5s cvt

speed limit: 140 (i got my car to 120 was to scared to test it out fullest lol)rev limt: is set at 6750 temp is +2set to a premium tune.

now the rev limit with the cvt will still change at 5900 and i dont understand why it doesnt go to what i have it set at any1 have any answers to why that is happening?

thnks for the help

samnornyc
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 Silver

i now have the bully dog gt. no problems on the install. got a 2.5

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

I just got a power pup!I have to wait for a day off to update the thing lol

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

LongBeachCoupe wrote:I just got a power pup!I have to wait for a day off to update the thing lol
A day off for what???

Its monday bro!!!

u that busy?????

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

No... doesnt it say that it needs to be updated during their business hrs or something? Im nervous as hell to hook this damn thing to my car!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

I heard doc say that before, but its not like you need to sync with their computer or something.

Its only if something goes wrong with the install and you cant start your car.

When i did my install the tune wouldnt take but the install just stopped. i waited til the update came out and everything worked just fine.

How do you get to work?

id say go for it, that device has been out for long enough. Its not like you are the first 5 installing the gt tuner.

cujo1809
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE CVT Premium Package

unknow wrote:
Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzlndqaz1jw
Thanks I got it to work.

The new driving coach is nice but it is still way off on calculating MPG. I adjusted the reading to +15% which seems kinda backwards since it was reading to high but thats the only way I could get it back to the numbers I was getting when I had it set to 85% on the old driving coach. I do like the whole gallons used feature now.

Dexion

vTechnique1x1 wrote:i have the bullydog power pup tuner and my settings r the following

2.5s cvt

speed limit: 140 (i got my car to 120 was to scared to test it out fullest lol)rev limt: is set at 6750 temp is +2set to a premium tune.

now the rev limit with the cvt will still change at 5900 and i dont understand why it doesnt go to what i have it set at any1 have any answers to why that is happening?

thnks for the help
Thats because your Transmission Control Module is still set to change ratios at 5900RPM. Doesn't matter what the rev limiter is set too if the transmission's computer will still have its own instructions. Thats one of the drawbacks of the CVT, even in manual mode it still has pre-set instructions.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Dexion wrote:
Thats because your Transmission Control Module is still set to change ratios at 5900RPM. Doesn't matter what the rev limiter is set too if the transmission's computer will still have its own instructions. Thats one of the drawbacks of the CVT, even in manual mode it still has pre-set instructions.
That's exactly what the tech at Bullydog said to me. Although they the tuner is overwriting what is set in the ECU, there is a higher power (TCM) that will over ride what is set on the ECU. None the less, The pull is still considerably noticeable over stock so I'm happy with it!

JDMLyfeStyle
Car: 92 Honda civic

I have been reading through this thread. I didnt see some factors that i was concerned about

Has the Software update allowed the rev limit to be raised?

It says it can change Ignition timing has anyone played with the timing?

Ability to clear codes? i need to clear my o2 codes for the header install.

Monitoring of the engine sensors accurate? and in real time?

unknow

JDMLyfeStyle wrote:I have been reading through this thread. I didnt see some factors that i was concerned about

Has the Software update allowed the rev limit to be raised?
No, but if you have manual transmission and have problem with rev limit contact them so they will provide you with a fix.
JDMLyfeStyle wrote:It says it can change Ignition timing has anyone played with the timing?
Yes you can change it to -4/+4, if you install the premium tune you can change it to -8/+4
JDMLyfeStyle wrote:Ability to clear codes? i need to clear my o2 codes for the header install.
Yes, you can easily clear any codes you get
JDMLyfeStyle wrote:Monitoring of the engine sensors accurate? and in real time?
I don't know exactly what you mean by engine sensors. But you can monitor OBD-II Trouble Codes anytime you want and clear them if you want..

mrmurphz
Car: 2007 Maxima SE

dangeris wrote:Ok well I mounted mine today in the coupe and no i didn't use that POS holder it came with. It goes on and off with the car. I don't have to play with the switch on the top of the OBDII adapter. Ranga, if you have it connected like Mehdi's picture then I'm betting the wire isn't touching the bars on the fuse.
where did you get that pillar mount? it looks awesome.

i ordered the gt tuner as well and will post feedback after i test it out.

this thread is great. i was contemplating on whether or not to buy it and this definitely pushed me over to get it. plus i saw another maxima owner on here that tried it as well.

heysteve
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Precision Grey

dangeris wrote:Ok well I mounted mine today in the coupe and no i didn't use that POS holder it came with. It goes on and off with the car. I don't have to play with the switch on the top of the OBDII adapter. Ranga, if you have it connected like Mehdi's picture then I'm betting the wire isn't touching the bars on the fuse.
man that looks pretty sweet. i hope its removable though because i wouldnt dare to leave it in my car. damn thieves are rampant near my college campus. on a side note, where did you get the carbon fiber trim and how much did it cost? it looks very nice!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

heysteve wrote:
man that looks pretty sweet. i hope its removable though because i wouldnt dare to leave it in my car. damn thieves are rampant near my college campus. on a side note, where did you get the carbon fiber trim and how much did it cost? it looks very nice!
Thanks Guys The pillar mount is universal and I bought it at my local autozone. It was black and I painted it to match the interior. The tuner can come off if desired. You guys will need to purchase the gauge adapter from the bullydog website to make it work.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

i know this is random, but yesterday i decided to see what it was like if i put my timing back to zero and WOW...how annoying lol. i can definitely see the performance side to this now!!!

so buy it and stop complaining

CATALTI08
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

wats up i have a 08 altima s 2.5L and i have the bullydog and yes it does work on it i would usually cut off at 120 but now ill pick up like 135-140 is nice for a 4 banger

mrmurphz

dangeris wrote:
Thanks Guys The pillar mount is universal and I bought it at my local autozone. It was black and I painted it to match the interior. The tuner can come off if desired. You guys will need to purchase the gauge adapter from the bullydog website to make it work.
how did you mount the gauge holder to the a-pillar? also, where did you run the wiring?

heysteve

oh awesome. i just went to the official site and looked at their list of dealers and there are about 5 official dealers around my area that offer a try before you buy deal. so i think im gonna go and take my 2.5sl cvt to one of those dealers, whichever has it listed for cheaper, and see if there really is a difference in performance or not. look forward to an update.

heysteve

sorry for the double post but i found a cool looking mount for the bullydog gt tuner: http://www.mgtmotorsports.com/...g.htm

it goes on top of your rearview mirror, looks pretty cool.

mrmurphz

i installed the gt with the premium tune and definitely felt a difference.

it pulled much harder in the mid range and felt like i was driving downhill whenever i floored it.

i didn't adjust the timing yet and i was going to try and do some comparisons with the tunes but i got anxious and just went for the premium.

i was skeptical guys but i haven't felt this much of a difference from any of my other mods. =)

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

glad to see another happy customer with the Gt tuner.

Another Happy customer down, more to go lol

Nissan 4 LIFE
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL CVT Sedan Radiant Silver

So, I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now and I must say that I love it on my 2.5, I went ahead and did the Premium tune, +2 Timing, & Speed limiter set to 135 but I would like to do a quick poll and see if anyone is having any issues with theirs because I have their Nissan engineer working on a new software revision because my Stillen header is throwing a code and I cannot use the diagnostics feature in my Triple Dog GT to read/erase DTCs. I'm running Part #JA05E and so far I know for sure Datalux has the same problem and hes got the same ECU Part # so get back with me so I can let them know. Basically I've been talking to everyone over there in tech support and have tried numerous downloads on my car. The latest update I have gives me a code to submit to Bully Dog so hopefully they have this update done by tomorrow.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”