New Godsmack single "Whiskey Hangover"

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

So, I got an e-mail from Godsmack.com the other day talking about the new single and new tour with Crue Fest.

Went to the website to listen to the single and I really don't know what to think.

It seems that Godsmack has kinda made a turn towards the mainstreem hard rock/metal scene instead of being a band that experimented with it's music. And yes, I know some people think that they ripped off AIC, but that's neither here nor there at this point in their game. They have established themselves as a compitent band.

BUT....

Listening to the new single, I am hearing music not much different than what was on IV. The song title and lyrics seem a bit...how would I say...not as passionate as previous offerings from Godsmack.

In my opinion, their best works were the first and second albums. Great music on those two CDs. Faceless and IV were good, but just didn't seem as good as they could have been. Oh well, I guess I just like setting myself up for dissapointment from my favorite bands lately...

Here's a link to a YouTube page that has the song.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSPNbJS-ye4

Harvey s13
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

not too shabby. like the band tho

Return to “The Music Room”