New D207 Nav/Radio Update for 2014 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Pookh007
Car: Nissan Rogue'14 SL AWD. Premium package.

What was the tsb or update number for this? Thank you.

outtolearn88
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Just to let everyone know that even after this update the navigation still end up freezing the head unite. I had to turn of the vehicle and restart it to get the radio head unite to work again.

I'm really really disappointed with NISSAN and this on going problem with there software. They just can seem to get it fixed right ! On my vehicle I'm on my 3 head unite !

Very frustrating

Pookh007

With D207 firmware you don't need to turn off car just push and hold on/off button on head unit.

Pookh007

With D207 firmware you don't need to turn off car just push and hold on/off button on head unit.

outtolearn88

And for you do you find that NORMAL ??

I know I paid for a working NAVIGATION system !

It's just not right to keep going on like this with no fix.....

Pookh007

Just updated my system to latest D407 firmware.(TSB 15011). Pandora start working again, no reboots so far. Able to sent text messages.Still have some glitches but nothing major.

outtolearn88

Can you please share what you are having as glitches ? How's your Navigation doing now ?
Did you have trouble with the Navigation before the update ? What was the reason they did the update for you ?

Thanks for your information

Pookh007

My main reasons were:restarting unit, pandora stoped work,unable to send messages(check my previous post), nothing on info screen when playing Iheart radio(main screen has all info). Sometimes unit doesnt respond on any touching such as volume up and down , changihg cnannels. Few times there was no sound coming from speackers att all for couple of hours. So far after upgrade got no reboots,all buttons works,pandora works, .What I noticed with I heart radio when you p,ay custom radio info just on main s reen but if you change to live radio station you got info on both screens. Able to send messagies the normal way using persons name from phonebook but if you are talking on the phone with one person and recieved text from a other tben you hang up phone and try to reply voice system says then your text message will be send to person you just talk to but sending message to person you reply.

outtolearn88

Hello Pookh007, So I guess you never had problems with your NAVIGATION ? Strange .... see I never had any of the problems you mentioned having with the phone and texting. Can I ask you have a ANDROID or IPhone ?

Thank's again for sharing your experience

Pookh007

I have android. Tried iphone and nokia 635 with windows didnt work. And Yes never had problems with navigation.

outtolearn88

Thanks for the info. I have Android to never really had problems with the phone. Nissan just can't seem to get my NAVIGATION to work right...

It's now been over a year I'm having issues with this head unite.

Really starting to wonder what my options are with this....

Anyone have any ideas as to what the next step ....

Thanks

Pookh007

Try to use waze on your phone. I,m in New York and it works much bettter for me

outtolearn88

To me it's completely unacceptable to have to use my cell phone. I paid good $$$$ for a OEM Navigation unite from NISSAN ! I expect it to work...

That's not to much to ask for ? Or is it ???

Come on NISSAN don't let your clients down...

lou from ny

+1 with WAZE....i want to use my nav system as i see fit. waze is far better IMO than anything nissan has put forward...

come on nissan, think of your customers...or do we need to speak with our wallets?

lou

outtolearn88

Speak with our wallets..... Unfortunately for us we already did !

But word of mouth does get around sooner or later....

Will definitely think about when having to purchase a vehicle again or to give comments about NISSAN product & service !

mstein_88
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/Premium Package

outtolearn88 wrote:Hello Everyone, Just got a new software update installed in my 2014 Rogue SL tech navi. This update brings in version to D407 & is to resolve freezing issues. Anyone else have this update installed ? I'll get back to let you all know how it does.

Please share your information & experiences with your Radio & Navigation system.
I had the D407 update done by my dealer today. Previously I'd had fairly frequent reboots of the whole unit. I'd be driving and the stereo/nav would just shut down and restart, sometimes taking a few minutes before I had audio again. Other times both the touchscreen controls and buttons were unresponsive. So far in about 3 hours of driving tonight I haven't had any issues, so hopefully this update was the fix I needed.

outtolearn88

Mstein_88 Thanks for sharing. I hope you keep us updated. As for me I still get a freeze every couple of days. I just don't know what to do about it ...... I definitely will never speed my $$$ on a NISSAN !

tsumeone
Car: n/a

The update is working well for me. The one problem I had on D207 was the audio would randomly "skip" for a second when listening via bluetooth, every 20-60 minutes. Just enough to annoy me. After the D407 update the problem is finally resolved. It has not frozen or glitched on me yet, but it did not do that very often before the update anyway.

outtolearn88

Hello tsumeone, Thank you fore sharing your experience on the update. Please keep us all updated if you get any gliich.

Thanks

mstein_88
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/Premium Package

I've now had the D407 update for about a week and ... knock on wood ... still not a single glitch, freeze, or reboot. I realize it's still early but I was having these issues almost daily prior to the update.

outtolearn88

Hi, I'm happy you shared your information with us. I hope we can make a pool for all the different glitch's we are having. Maybe just maybe the people at NISSAN can use the information as to get a working software update.......

Hey a person can dream...........

Thanks again

outtolearn88

How's the D407 update going ?
Are the signal drops & freezing gone ?

Please share your experience.

Thanks to everyone.

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

My newest issue is that sometimes (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) the unit takes 4-6 minutes before it starts to boot up. The screen stays black just like it is getting no power. In addition to the phone/radio/NAV having no interface, the screen also stays black when the camera views are supposed to be displayed. After a couple of minutes, it starts to boot up normally and then works fine.

I haven't taken it in since I haven't been bale to intentionally cause it to happen, and I haven't been able to video it happening. I will take it to the dealership for my next oil change specifically so I can mention it.

So for now, this is a place holder unless someone else has already had this problem, and knows what the resolution is.

Janetta86
Car: 2014 Nissan Altima

Newbie here. I have been searching everywhere. I just had my system updated yesterday. I purchased my 2014 Altima used with about 11,000 miles on it in November 2015. Since then, the system would just go blank on three occasions. No way to resuscitate it without disconnecting the battery. Finally, yesterday the dealer did a software update. There are now features on it (specifically the siruis xm) that I don't know how to use, nor can I find the info anywhere, on how to use it. The constant view of the set up button is annoying.
Any help?

DPlettner

I did not notice an change in functionality when the firmware was updated on my 2015 Rouge SL.

I suggest you take a look at the manuals for the 2015 and 2016 Altimas and see if those manuals cover the new functionality that you got when your firmware was updated.

Janetta86

The main thing I notice is that there is now a setup button on the screen when using sirius xm. That wasn't there before. I don't even know what to do with it.

DPlettner

From memory, I think that button lets you select the SXM presets. Each SXM band has six presets, and I believe there are three bands for a total of 18 presets.

Janetta86

Thanks! I am trying to figure that out. I barely need 6 presets :)

Ferrisfan

Ferrisfan wrote:My newest issue is that sometimes (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) the unit takes 4-6 minutes before it starts to boot up. The screen stays black just like it is getting no power. In addition to the phone/radio/NAV having no interface, the screen also stays black when the camera views are supposed to be displayed. After a couple of minutes, it starts to boot up normally and then works fine.

I haven't taken it in since I haven't been bale to intentionally cause it to happen, and I haven't been able to video it happening. I will take it to the dealership for my next oil change specifically so I can mention it.

So for now, this is a place holder unless someone else has already had this problem, and knows what the resolution is.
Update: The issue could not be resolved. Entire unit was replaced under warranty. New unit came with D25 FW, so now I have to go back and get it back to D207.

Ferrisfan

Ferrisfan wrote:
Ferrisfan wrote:My newest issue is that sometimes (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) the unit takes 4-6 minutes before it starts to boot up. The screen stays black just like it is getting no power. In addition to the phone/radio/NAV having no interface, the screen also stays black when the camera views are supposed to be displayed. After a couple of minutes, it starts to boot up normally and then works fine.

Update: The issue could not be resolved. Entire unit was replaced under warranty. New unit came with D25 FW, so now I have to go back and get it back to D207.
Final update: Upgraded to D407 and everything is working better than it ever has. No freezing, no random unpairing of my phone, no black screens!

My only gripe in the process is that Sirius tried to ding me with a reactivation fee. I told them they would have to get that from Nissan since my unit was replaced as faulty under warranty. The reactivation process also brought to their attention that they had never turned off my traffic monitoring, which was inferior to Waze anyway so no big loss.

Return to “Rogue Forum”