new car waxing

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

My wife just bought a new white 2013 Hyundai Elantra. Before I applied the 1st coat of wax I noticed some grey dots on the doors about the size of a tip of a pen. I am not sure if this is rail dust since they are grey not brown but I tried to remove with my finger nail and also varsol but would not come off. I am thinking it may be under the clearcoat from factory. I am going to try some solvent and a clay bar but wondering if anyone else had seen this and how they removed them. Also I have been using Mother's Canuba wax and cleaner but someone at a detailing shop said I need to use the 3rd step wax sealer. Is this sealer necessary to protect my paint?

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

Avoid unnecessary friction on the paint. If it is in the clear coat there is no easy fix. If it is on the paint a paint deoxidizer such as ALR*C could offer a quick and easy fix.

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Yes its under the clear coat unfortuantly. I have just decided to live with it rather than have the doors repainted and possibly not match.

Return to “Detailing Forum”