New Car Paint Care

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
slothorilla
Car: 2011 G37S Sedan

I posted this topic in another thread (caring-for-new-car-factory-paint-t525618.html), but I suppose this is a more appropriate place.

I want to keep my new car looking as new and shiny as possible, so aside from buying a clear bra, I'm wondering what's the best thing I can do to protect the paint? I am thinking about using some clay, then some Klasse All-In-One, followed by several applications of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Would this be prudent, or could I unintentionally be causing more harm than good?

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Welcome to Nico!

It's great to see a new member searching the forums and posting in the appropriate area! (Good work!)

Unfortunately, this is probably one of the quieter sub-forums, so I am glad that you got some reponse in your other thread regarding your paint care questions.

anflecher

Washing your vehicle is very important in order to keep dust, dirt, and grime from sticking to your new paint job. It is good to strip whatever wax you have on there now and claybar the car, put on wax whichever you want.

ShontelleB
Car: Sedan

Always keep in mind that a well-maintained vehicle will run longer, perform better and keep more worth than one that has not been. Duh. But that gets outdated. Let your vehicle go to pot and do not stress. Go further: Easy steps to ensure vehicular damage.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

If maintaining the original new car shine is your objective there is nothing that will do that job better than an acrylic paint conditioner.
It's non abrasive, it doesn't cover up, build up, dull or have to be removed.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

slothorilla wrote:I posted this topic in another thread (caring-for-new-car-factory-paint-t525618.html), but I suppose this is a more appropriate place.

I want to keep my new car looking as new and shiny as possible, so aside from buying a clear bra, I'm wondering what's the best thing I can do to protect the paint? I am thinking about using some clay, then some Klasse All-In-One, followed by several applications of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Would this be prudent, or could I unintentionally be causing more harm than good?
Many factors will effect how your paint will last over the years. For starters, you should get into the habit of correctly washing your car on a routine schedule. Products and techniques are really subjective, however, if you stick to the basic car washing techniques you will be in good shape. And as you develop greater experience through research and trial and error you will yield even greater results. For starters, any over the counter Clay Bar, and Carnuba wax product will enable you to keep your car's paint: clean, shiney, and protected. Just a word of caution, you may want to go easy on using any sort of abrasive paint cleaner on your vehicle excessively---using a Clay Bar is a safer techinique. The techinque I described is perfectly safe on a new car.

chicagoautopros

have you heard of Opti-coat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMRyGPxlmJo

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I’m going through this right now on a 21 and have since 18 on my wife’s midnight black rogue. Black is awesome looking for about 1-2 days after it’s cleaned and polished. Through trial and error I’ve found that turtle wax ceramic (black) once every couple weeks and meguiars black detailer after each wash has made the car look better than when it rolled out of the showroom. I actually had a local detail shop tell me I’d probably feel like I wasted my money after a ceramic coating because the car looks that good. I kind of let my 09 Altima slip after I bought my 21, which by the way has had griots ceramic applied every few weeks since new. I did a dawn dish soap wash on the 09 followed by royal blue wax, which is a cleaner/carnuba. I then followed up with griots ceramic and royal blue black label detailer. Looks awesome! If I could figure out how to post pics I would. The biggest thing about keeping paint new is keeping up on it.

jethbon
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

Ceramic coating will keep the paint looking good and make washing a lot easier.

Return to “Detailing Forum”