New 65 Owner

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
jackassllc
Car: 1965 Datsun pickup

I recently acquired my dream truck, 1965 Datsun l320, I now know what you have all known for so long, what a great looking truck. Now if I could get it running!!! My truck is rough, but what do you want for 500 bucks. Anyway, I see the threads for engine gasket kits, but I cant find any? Can someone give me a website or link to get a complete gasket kit for my engine. I can't find detroit gasket anywhere on the web and the napa part number on the forum does not come up when I go to napa? Also, anyone know of a place to get front and rear bumpers and grill? and any trim, my truck looks like someone removed all emblems, grill, trim and bumpers in hopes to paint it, then forgot about it for the last 20 years. Unfortunately they never made it to wherever the truck ended up.
Any help for a newbee would be great.
Thanks,
Tom Schmidt
Culver City, Ca.

nissangirl74
Car: 2014 Xterra Pro4X, '12 Titan 4x4, '98 240sx, '89 Pao, '77 620, '72 240Z w/RB25, '68 510, '67 WRL411, '67.5 SPL 311, '63 Bluebird, '63 NL320

Congratulations on the L and welcome to NICO! :wavey:
Now, welcome to reality. Parts for these trucks are few and far between and almost nothing will be found in a local parts store. What you will find will need lots of work and its gonna be expensive. How do I know? We own one. I hope your windshield is good because they are going for over $300 at the moment. (Some sources are as high as $1,000. Seriously.) You need to do some research via your VIN number to find out which trim goes with your particular truck. Nissan made several different sets for each year and the L and NL don't match.

Click the link below for contact information for the best in the business. Les Cannaday owns and runs Classic Datsun Motorsports. No one knows Datsuns better than him. When you call, ask for Aaron. He's the one who knows where everything is and if they have what you are looking for. They can hook you up on the parts that are out there. They can also tell you which parts will be hard to find, and which ones you will probably have to fabricate because they just don't exist anymore.

Good luck!!
http://classicdatsun.com/

Return to “Datsun 320”