never let facts get in the way of a good speech

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I don't think that's what he implied at all, I think he was implying that he gave millions of the stimulus to his cronies, not that the entire stimulus was for his friends alone.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

WDRacing wrote:I don't think that's what he implied at all, I think he was implying that he gave millions of the stimulus to his cronies, not that the entire stimulus was for his friends alone.
I can see how one could argue it both ways. Since you support Romney/Ryan, I can understand your not expecting him to cite examples when he makes an accusation like that in a nationally televised speech. But to undecided voters like me, or those supporting the other guys, providing no examples of cronyism and recognizing that he himself took a chunk of that stimulus money suggests hypocrisy. I'm clearly not the only one that felt that way, given the press coverage pointing it out (even Fox News).

bigbadberry3

How does everyone feel about Clint Eastwood?

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

I thought Eastwood nailed it, it was entertaining, it was off kilter and unscripted, a change of pace from the rest of the convention. The timing may have been off though.

Return to “Politics Etc.”