needed help on DIY oil pressure , fuel pressure , EGT gauge

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
nismo1003
Car: Ka24de

Soon I willl have a laptop in my car,my thought is to have some indicator inside my car (EGT , Fuel pressure , Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, espically Knock Sensor and EGT) ,butI don't like to buy all the gauges and put them everywhere in my car, so my plan is to buy some pressure sender, EGT sensor , Knock Sensor, and I will build a unit that read 0-5V for those sender input in to the computer , I can also input the MAF signal in for dyno use ,of cuz the unit can be interface with my laptop (serial port or USB), and i will have to ask my friend to program a software for this. have anyone done it on here? any input, comment , idea , please let me know, I would like to hear from u . Thank you

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Damn man, I don't know anyone on NICO that has built a program like that from scratch. I do know of someone who has built their own business with that sort of thing and will get the information for you, but it is not handy, so I will get back with you on this.

Draynag

Im a bit interested in reading activity in/out of my ECU so I think we may be looking for the same type thing. I found this, but i dont have the knowlege to make it work. I hope this is a lead on what you need.

http://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/pic/...r.htm

nab911

Hey, scince im a ca18det guy we are in the same field as we are all DIY'ers. Im getting a new laptop soon and i already have a eprom programmer to use to tune the ECU. Next im going to get an eprom emulator which lets you hook the laptop directly to your ecu and control all aspects of the computer (ignition, injectors, fuel cut, etc.). As for monitoring the sensors... im sure with the emulator, there is some software out there that could read and display the information. Get a wideband o2 sensor and find a way to interface that into it as well. I like your idea and you just ogt me thinking so im going to do a little more research on it because im just at work and i ont do **** here :)

Return to “Others”