Need some clarification about S14 Zenki->Kouki conversion

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
mestizo

Where did u find Kouki head light brackets for $20? Cuz the nismoshop has them for like $75 a side so $150 for the pair and most of the time the nismoshop has the best prices on this type of stuff since they do so much volume of these parts.

At the $75 per price I personally would make my zenki brackets work rather than spend that much on 2 flat peices of metal with a bend in them. But to each their own, like i said Ill measure them up and also take pics of the difference's with the core support as well.

assassin7420
Car: 1996 Nissan Silvia

1995 Nissan 240sx (daily)

I got mine from the dealership, My whole conversion was brand new parts.

EDIT - Saved you the time. I have all the parts 10 feet away.

Want anymore pics/proof?
Modified by assassin7420 at 11:55 PM 10/16/2008

ThuG LyFe
Car: 95 S14

i have a weird dent on my fender and i tried banging it out today and kinda made it worse..i kinda wanted to do kouki conversion but for the $ it'll cost i dono...i don't want to be all show and no go...

and guys stop arguing who cares people will find out on their own through their own trial and error.

assassin7420

ThuG LyFe wrote:i have a weird dent on my fender and i tried banging it out today and kinda made it worse..i kinda wanted to do kouki conversion but for the $ it'll cost i dono...i don't want to be all show and no go...

and guys stop arguing who cares people will find out on their own through their own trial and error.
I have a dent free zenki driver side fender ill let go for real cheap

el_mata
Car: S14

i'm sorry to bring this back up, but it has alot of information.

my question is this, what about the Radiator Core Support... do you really need this? I haven't found anything that states it needs in the forums but on the nissan, raceonusa.com websites says you do.

Let me know, cus i'm about to start doing it soon.

el_mata

huh?

assassin7420

el_mata wrote:i'm sorry to bring this back up, but it has alot of information.

my question is this, what about the Radiator Core Support... do you really need this? I haven't found anything that states it needs in the forums but on the nissan, raceonusa.com websites says you do.

Let me know, cus i'm about to start doing it soon.
The 95/98 core supports are the same with the exception of the headlight brackets.

el_mata

All this recommended stuff is point less beside the kouki headlight brackets that I already bought from the dealership, thank to the pic examples on this tread!

62030-81F00 NISSAN 240SX 1997-1998 Bumper Reinforcement Bar 62222-80F00 NISSAN 240SX 1997-1998 Bumper Bracket: RH 62223-80F00 NISSAN 240SX 1997-1998 Bumper Bracket: LH 62290-80F00 NISSAN 240SX 1997-1998 Bumper Retainer Bracket 62560-80F00 NISSAN 240SX 1997-1998 Headlight Bracket

bobert240n300
Car: 90 240sx soon to be s13.4 with a 90 ford cougar supercharged 3.8... it was just sitting in my garage

The Inflicted wrote:The front of my '95 240SX was wrecked and I'm looking into upgrade options as I repair it. I'm going to have to replace the hood, a fender, and a headlight, and the front bumper cover is have to be replaced or heavily re-shaped and patched.

Since all this stuff would have to be bought I figured now is the best time to go to a different front end, and since an S15 conversion is beyond what I can afford I'm leaning towards a Kouki conversion. I've done a lot of research into what's required so far, but I have some questions I haven't been able to find answers for yet:

1. What does the headlight bracket for the Kouki lights look like and is it something that can be easily fabricated? A picture would be very helpful since I can't find anyone online selling these things apart from big online OEM parts catalogues that don't even give out prices or pictures.

2. Is it absolutely necessary to change the front bumper cover when going to the Kouki lights? From what I can tell both lights sit parallel on the actual bumper and both the Zenki and Kouki fenders follow the bumper's lines around the front of the car under the corner lights. I actually prefer the look of the bumper from the Zenki and if I can use it I'd like to do that.

3. Does anyone know what happens when you try to paint a carbon fiber hood? It looks like the OEM steel hood for the Kouki is actually harder to come by than an aftermarket fiber part, but there's nothing more disgusting than a yellowing, fraying carbon hood. If it's possible, I would just want to paint the hood to match the rest of the car, maybe with a thin of enough coat to see the weave underneath.

4. I found through a google search a post that said that the connectors for the Kouki lights are different from the Zenki's- something about going from an H4 to an H1 connection. There was a link in the thread to webpage detailing what would be needed to make the modification but that link was broken.

5. How much more difficult are the vented eBay fenders to install than the OEM steel parts? I haven't been able to source any Kouki fenders locally (Nor any Zenki's in the side I need, for that matter) but if the cheap fiberglass fenders are going to be a royal pain to install I may just need to keep looking harder.

Thanks for your help.
i seriously started a flippin account on here becuase these guys biccering at each other is SO freaking hilarious!!!!! granted this was very informational but after reading all of it i realized you guys were talking about converting a s14 to jdm.... im doin a s13.4 conv.... any suggestions guys?

DRIFTKNIGHT_240
Car: 240sx Zenki s14 [going sideways]

you use the middle hole

Return to “240sx General Discussion”