Need help with head unit wiring on a 2009 Rogue with Bose

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Scooterboots
Car: ???

Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place for this.

My wife broke her stock head unit on her 2009 Rogue, and I've attempted to put in a new head unit, but I think the Bose system is causing issues.

Basically the blue and white wire seems to be the issue. On the metra harness, it is labeled "Power Antenna", and on the cd player, it has the blue and white labeled as "Remote".

So with the blue and white wires connected, there is a constant loud static, and everything just sounds over amplified, and very insanely loud.

But when I had the blue and white wire from the metra harness, connected to the blue wire for the antenna (and nothing connected to the blue/white from the head unit), no sound at all from the speakers.

I've just read that the Bose units need some sort of adapter, but I can't seem to find anything for an '09. Is that true that I need an adapter? Does anyone know where I can get one? Or is it possible to wire this thing up without the adapter?

Sorry again, I've tried searching and haven't found any consistent answers on this. It's not my car (I told her to just get rid of it a million times) and I'm about to drive it into the Hudson.

Scooterboots
Car: ???

I've also heard something about a setting in the car that needs to be turned off.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Nissan mostly uses similar head units for both standard and Bose systems, but they're configured to act as the main amplifier in a standard setup and a pre-amp in a Bose. On later models that's a "configuration" item, but on your '09 the head unit was a separate part number. So to use an aftermarket head unit along with the Bose amp, unless the aftermarket unit has a similar setting to allow it to act as a pre-amp, you'll need to get an 8-wire (4-channel) attenuator to reduce the signal strength coming out of the head unit. That's the source of your over-amplification. The Bose also needs an "On/Off" signal to work right, that's a Brown wire coming from pin 1 on the OE head unit. It should to connect to a "Remote" or "Amp Enable" pin on your aftermarket unit. There are pinout and signal references for your original setup here, starting on page AV-76 for the factory head unit and AV-91 for the Bose:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 9%2FAV.pdf

Return to “Rogue Forum”