NEED HELP! M37 Climate Controls Not working

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
pdudley11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37S

Morning all

Ive searched the forum to no avail

A Little backstory: I bought a 2012 M37S almost a year ago, ever since i purchased it, the bluetooth music always seems to "skip" when playing from my iPhone. I had had enough the other day and searched the web for similar problems from other owners. I found a possible solution on a G37 board. Upon reading the post i followed the instructions:
1.) turn radio off
2.) Hold "setting" button
3.) turn volume knob to the right 40 clicks
4.) go to "initialize settings"
5.) Clear all user data (I cleared HDD data which listed: contacts, bluetooth devices, etc.

The system restarted itself and upon restart the Climate control functions DO NOT WORK! The climate control is stuck on 70 degrees blowing on feet and face, however upon pressing ANY climate control button there was NO RESPONSE. Still blows on 70 degrees.

Ive disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes only to reconnect and have the same outcome. Ive tried the reset sequence again, still nothing. Can someone please tell me what I've done to my M???!?!?

EdBwoy

Disconnect it for a little longer. I'd do an hour, and overnight to be sure.

pdudley11

EdBwoy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 am
Disconnect it for a little longer. I'd do an hour, and overnight to be sure.
thanks, ill try this and report my findings

Pureplayer
Car: '12 M56S

pdudley11 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 am
Morning all

A Little backstory: I bought a 2012 M37S almost a year ago, ever since i purchased it, the bluetooth music always seems to "skip" when playing from my iPhone. I had had enough the other day and searched the web for similar problems from other owners. I found a possible solution on a G37 board. Upon reading the post i followed the instructions:
1.) turn radio off
5.) Clear all user data (I cleared HDD data which listed: contacts, bluetooth devices, etc.

The system restarted itself and upon restart the Climate control functions DO NOT WORK! The climate control is stuck on 70 degrees blowing on feet and face, however upon pressing ANY climate control button there was NO RESPONSE. Still blows on 70 degrees.

Ive disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes only to reconnect and have the same outcome. Ive tried the reset sequence again, still nothing. Can someone please tell me what I've done to my M???!?!?
Funny story is that the same thing happened to me just last month. Unfortunately this resulted with me having to visit the dealership to have them re-install the software on the AV-COM unit. Whenever you reset the system like that you lose a/c, trip odometer functions and even seeing your tire pressure on the AV screen.
Hope this helps.

pdudley11

Pureplayer wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:40 pm
pdudley11 wrote:
Morning all

1.) turn radio off

Funny story is that the same thing happened to me just last month. Unfortunately this resulted with me having to visit the dealership to have them re-install the software on the AV-COM unit. Whenever you reset the system like that you lose a/c, trip odometer functions and even seeing your tire pressure on the AV screen.
Hope this helps.
thanks, I'm beginning to think that'll be my only option.

sbabakov
Car: Infiniti M37 Y51 2012 AWD

Hello dear! Have you solved this issue? I have the same. But i didnt press any special reset buttons.

aerowild
Car: Infinity M37

pdudley11 wrote:
Morning all

1.) turn radio off

Hi,

This is exactly, step by step exactly happened to my 2011 M37, and none of the climate related button works now (except Rear defrost). I visited the dealer today and he said to leave the car in weekdays.

Many of us will appreciate if you can please update about the current state? How did you solve it finally?

satown210
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road

You deleted your climate control software. The only fix is for the dealer to try and reload the software. Even then this is not a guarantee and the module may have to be replaced. People need TO STOP GOING INTO DIAGNOSTIC MENUS!

ewon1
Car: m37

did you fix this problem?

I have exactly the same issue but my problem is bigger because I brought my m37 to Korea....

none of the Infiniti service representative willing to touch and modify my m37...

i will try to update my software by upgrading the navigation system... but I am not sure this will work...

is there any alternative way to fix this issue?

Rockene
Car: ???

this just happened with my car and I'm trying to figure out if anyone had any luck in getting it fixed without bringing it to the dealership?

I have a consult 3+ being delivered on Tuesday only I don't know if that will help. I can reprogram the ECU you would think I could fix this.

MY2J
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37

these cars have a horrible HVAC system! My A/C only blows cold if I have my climate set to the "upper & lower" settings. If I set it to only "upper", then the two passenger vents don't blow at all. If I set the driver to only "upper" and passenger to "upper & lower", then the driver side doesn't blow at all. Oh and it won't blow cold air at all if I don't set it to "recirculate". I live in Miami, FL where there is no such thing as winter. This issue is what has me shopping for a new ride!

ewon1
Car: m37

Hi all!!!

Finally, I fixed the problem. I tried everything from top to toe.

if anyone has the same problem as we did. REPLACE THE WHOLE DVD UNIT (Model number: 25915-1EA1A, 25915-1LA2A, 25915-1MA1A, 25915-JJ52C, 25915-ZX72A, 25915-ZX72C, 25915-ZX73A, 25915-ZX73C)

Buying the unit cost around $99 ~ $150 replace it yourself.

Check the youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wcoe1vZ3f0&t=280s

it basically shows you how to take off the middle console. It only takes 1~2hour to save money! doit your self. It is not a Rocket Science!!

I just wanted to share this news!!!

Thanks !

redpillarz
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37

ewon1 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:10 am
Hi all!!!

Finally, I fixed the problem. I tried everything from top to toe.

if anyone has the same problem as we did. REPLACE THE WHOLE DVD UNIT (Model number: 25915-1EA1A, 25915-1LA2A, 25915-1MA1A, 25915-JJ52C, 25915-ZX72A, 25915-ZX72C, 25915-ZX73A, 25915-ZX73C)

Buying the unit cost around $99 ~ $150 replace it yourself.

Check the youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wcoe1vZ3f0&t=280s

it basically shows you how to take off the middle console. It only takes 1~2hour to save money! doit your self. It is not a Rocket Science!!

I just wanted to share this news!!!

Thanks !
So this has the climate control in the data in the cd player? This is the best way to get the functions back? What did people pay for the service charge to have them reinstall?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”