need help car wont idle after head gasket change.

Discuss topics related to the QR series engine.
Roger_cha
Car: 91 nissan 240sx

hey i got a 02 spec v that i just change the head gasket on it, after i did that i start it up it wont idle i have to keep my foot on the peddle so it wont die on me, i even did the idle relearn that help a bit but it will only idle 5 seconds longer only then it die. i check everything from doing my timing to every hose and wiring. when i put my foot on the gas peddle but it is very sensitive cause when you try to press it firmly just so it can idle to 1500 rpm it just jump to 2000 to 2500. ive let it idle long enough to get an engine check light but it throws a p0300 code which is random misfires only which i have that code before the head gasket change can anyone please give me some advice thanks.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Check compression just toi rule out the possibility of a leak. But my initial thought would be that the camshaft timing may be off. Make sure the timing belt/chain is aligned correctly. If the intake valve opens too early or too late, reversion can occur and cause chaotic MAF readings as well as incorrect mixtures of fuel. I fouled a number of plugs when this happened to me on a motor before.

Roger_cha

yea i triple check the timing and even did it as JWT manual too, the engine will start up fine but will idle only 10 to 15 seconds then it slowly idle down and die.

Roger_cha

here is a video clip of what im talking about this time the engine stays on longer before it dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSDopGW7dA

Return to “QR Series”