Need advice on selling a 1976 280Z

A forum for official Nissan press releases, general information and online reviews. This is also the place to announce or discuss current and past Z-related events.
clehman
Car: Datsun 280z 1976

Hello everyone,

I am new here so if there's a better area to post this please let me know. I'm trying to sell my grandfather's Datsun 280z for him. It's a 1976 4speed. He gave it a custom paint job, and added some fiberglass flares to the body. The interior is shot, but he has lots of parts for the interior, and it's the original color.

My question is how much is something like this worth to collectors? The engine doesn't run because of some fuel injection issue, but he said when he pours gas into the carborater it fires right up.

I'll try and post a few pictures, any advice on what I should list it for that would be great, thanks!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi, welcome to the site. A few people have looked at this thread, I guess we just don't know what to tell you. This one doesn't look like a rare barn find or antique roadshow thing where you regret selling a $30K car for just $500. The car does look kind of nice, certainly needs work and TLC. The usual research of similar sales seems appropriate. I'm not in the Z market, so I have no figures off of the top of my head. Look at for sale posts in classifieds from guys on Forums like ours and through in some Craigslist and AutoTrader as well. Toss out Kelly Blue Book, those numbers are worthless for classics. When you've figured it out, you can post it to the classifieds here and elsewhere. You can always put "make me an offer" in there.

rgregoryb
Car: 1992 300ZX 2+2 NA

How can you pour gas into a carburetor on a fuel injected car?

That is going to take finding the right person to buy it, it would be worth more as an original. That is one ugly 280z.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

rgregoryb wrote:How can you pour gas into a carburetor on a fuel injected car?
Yeah, try not to mention fuel injection and carburetor in the same ad when you do decide to post one. You'll get all kinds of low ballers and "helpful" people whose "help" you won't want!

Return to “Z-Series News and Events”