Need A Chicago Area Shop for PPE Header Install M56x

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
seymore4
Car: 2012 M56
Professional UPREV tuner

Its not a fun job. :biggrin:

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

seymore4 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:25 pm
Yeah, that's what he told me :crazy: He said it was a very tight fit, but the tools he had were key in getting it done. I did start getting O2 sensor codes this week, which he told me might happen. He thinks it's probably the defoulers I bought. We either may not need them at all or shorter ones. I'll find out tomorrow.

seymore4
Professional UPREV tuner

Post up which ones they are. Downstream (sensor 2) codes are typical, you should not have any for the upstream sensors (sensor 1)

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Big_Tone wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:42 pm
seymore4 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:25 pm
Yeah, that's what he told me :crazy: He said it was a very tight fit, but the tools he had were key in getting it done. I did start getting O2 sensor codes this week, which he told me might happen. He thinks it's probably the defoulers I bought. We either may not need them at all or shorter ones. I'll find out tomorrow.
Look at the ones from my P0420/P0430 thread...would those work? I haven't had a CEL in ages :).

sshocker96
Car: 02 I35

I found a shop in South Chicago Heights, IL that did the job. Excellent work.

Nice. Glad it worked out. I was getting nervous for you lol. I was going to suggest one of the Fernandez locations. I used them for my Mustang, but that was a few years ago. With the EPA crackdowns, IDK who to go to anymore.

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

sshocker96 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:20 pm
I found a shop in South Chicago Heights, IL that did the job. Excellent work.

Nice. Glad it worked out. I was getting nervous for you lol. I was going to suggest one of the Fernandez locations. I used them for my Mustang, but that was a few years ago. With the EPA crackdowns, IDK who to go to anymore.
Me, too! The biggest challenge was finding a shop willing to commit the time to the job. A lot of shops in my area are short-handed and wouldn't have been able to keep up with their regular workload if they took on the project.

The code I'm getting is P2A03 Bank 2 Sensor 1. I dropped it off this morning to get looked at. I had defoulers installed, so I'm not sure if that's causing the issue. I'm assuming it's something simple.

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Ilya wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:13 pm
Big_Tone wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:42 pm

Look at the ones from my P0420/P0430 thread...would those work? I haven't had a CEL in ages :).
Funny enough I originally was going to get those, but I think either the link was broken or they were out of stock when I checked, I can't remember. I may not even need them. Should find out today.

seymore4
Professional UPREV tuner

You'll probably need a new O2 sensor on that side, its fairly common for a sensor to die when they extend the wires to reach the bung on the headers. I had to replace one of mine and I used every precaution when extending it.

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

seymore4 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:56 pm
You'll probably need a new O2 sensor on that side, its fairly common for a sensor to die when they extend the wires to reach the bung on the headers. I had to replace one of mine and I used every precaution when extending it.
Thanks for the info. I'll let the mechanic know. I just picked it up and he said that the levels were reading low? Not sure what that means, or if I'm explaining it correctly. I'm going to try and track down the defoulers Ilya posted in the other thread and also have him test it without any to see if that makes a difference.

EdBwoy

Big_Tone wrote:
The code I'm getting is P2A03 Bank 2 Sensor 1. I dropped it off this morning to get looked at. I had defoulers installed, so I'm not sure if that's causing the issue. I'm assuming it's something simple.
The code you are having is not related to the defoulers. Defoulers are used on downstream oxygen sensors against catalyst codes. If you were still getting catalyst codes, then it would be worth digging into those.

Oxygen sensor codes like the one you posted usually point at the sensors further upstream. They are also called A/F (air/fuel ratio) sensors and those are the ones whose wires needed to be cut to make them longer.
The code has a few different possible causes, but since the sensors needed to be modified, then it's likely that the problem was triggered by the modification.
That's what Seymore is referring to here
seymore4 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:56 pm
...its fairly common for a sensor to die when they extend the wires to reach the bung on the headers...

Big_Tone
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Update: I've been very busy with work, so I was just able to get back to the shop this week. The issue was a leak. The flange gaskets he used weren't very good. Going to have copper ones installed once I can find them in the size I need.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”