NAV hack done! Questions and goodness.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
zangler

anyone know a houston shop?

1M2NV
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x Fully Loaded

thanks for the info. I'm having it done tomorrow. I'll let you know the results.

smbundy13
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35 Sport

is this thing only for cars with nav? for example, could i install and aftermarket hideaway dvdplayer and run it to the screen in my m35?

thanks

rocastro71
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35S

So I found a local shop that could do the nav hack for my M with technology package. He said he can install an apple composite AV cable inside my center armrest were the ipod integration is right now. He claim I could watch video with my iphone even while I'm driving. However, he said I need to get the system reset after the nav hack. My question is, what exactly do they have to reset after he does the nav hack. How much will infiniti charge to reset the system. He charges $150 for the nav hack.

pangpang77

rocastro71 wrote:So I found a local shop that could do the nav hack for my M with technology package. He said he can install an apple composite AV cable inside my center armrest were the ipod integration is right now. He claim I could watch video with my iphone even while I'm driving. However, he said I need to get the system reset after the nav hack. My question is, what exactly do they have to reset after he does the nav hack. How much will infiniti charge to reset the system. He charges $150 for the nav hack.
I'm not sure what he's talking about. I have the Nav/DVD Hack and I can watch iPhone piped movie through the AUX input without any "reset".

mgokool
Car: 2006 M35x

Just finished doing this mod on my M and was definately worth it! I ended up putting the switch next to the dvd player in the armrest since theres no room by the center controls.

If anyone in the Long Island / NYC area needs help doing this, I don't mind helping other M owners...

dvs423
Car: 2006 m35x

whats up in in brooklyn NY can you help me with the NAV hack???? email if you can [email protected]

terrycs

eggyacid wrote:Okay, i finally found a local shop that willing to do NAV hack on my 2006 M35

Everything works great and i noticed something totally cool today.

after putting in a destination, i flipped the switch and start watching my video podcast (via RCA)i noticed that my NAV still works... it's still giving me all direction and tracking on the MAP.How is this possible? my NAV still tracks..... the Green GPS light on the bottom right still lit and i'm getting voice prompt and everything works fine.

i heard some others on the board that the NAV will not work and you have to slow it down to get it sync... i just finished an 70 mile trip going about 75mph all the way, no problem and no lost of GPS while still have video in motion.

Did my installer do something different? this is amazing
The navigation will still work but it will not refresh fast enough with the VSS wire cut. They system periodically polls the sats and uses on board speed and direction sensors the rest of the time to determine map location. In other words, you will miss off-ramps going at fwy speeds.

Anthony_FX35
Car: '09 Infiniti FX35

new member here. HELLO ALL!

anyone know of any shop in Orange County area willing to do this? I don't want to blow my car up if you know what i mean.

thanks

FNAWSM
Car: Diamond Graphite '06 M45

Just do it yourself. Its not that hard. If you can follow directions and can remember how to put things back together once you take them apart, you will be just fine. There are some real nice write-ups on here and i plan on doing one myself real soon. It will take you 2 or 3 hours max and cost about $15 max.

terrycs

Anthony_FX35 wrote:new member here. HELLO ALL!

anyone know of any shop in Orange County area willing to do this? I don't want to blow my car up if you know what i mean.

thanks
If you don't want to try it yourself, check with Amplified Motorsports in Monterey Park.

Anthony_FX35

FNAWSM wrote:Just do it yourself. Its not that hard. If you can follow directions and can remember how to put things back together once you take them apart, you will be just fine. There are some real nice write-ups on here and i plan on doing one myself real soon. It will take you 2 or 3 hours max and cost about $15 max.
you may have just boosted my confidence. btw...the DIY said for all 2008 M models. how about my 2009 FX35?

Anthony_FX35

terrycs wrote:
If you don't want to try it yourself, check with Amplified Motorsports in Monterey Park.
thanks, I will give them a shot if all else fails.

dorlandm
Car: 2007 M35X Twilight Blue

Hi There:

I did my own NAV HACK and my nav system works with the video playing as well. I followed the same online instructions you have here and it just works. It is slower to update my location and it is not as "Fully Functioning" as when the switch is off, but it works to some extent. The NAV hack is awesome for the childs to watch DVD's while we travel. I have seen the Disney stuff so often I do not get distracted from it. But it could be dangerous to watch if you do get "involved" with the movie

MArk

DavieBoy
Car: 2006 M35x

I feel like a jerk because I did the mod months ago after reading all of your posts, then I was so busy driving and watching that I never came back to thank everyone and report that I had a success. I just hid the switch on the side of the center console where the carpet meets the plastic. Also, I hated having my iPhone plugged into the back seat to I paid a shop to move it into the center console and close up the back. If anyone needs help in NJ let me know.

WaynesNside
Car: 06 QX56
06 M45 Sport
94 S10 (beater)

Just did the nav hack today and it works like a charm. Very nice mod for little money.

Eazye1081
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport

Anyone know of a shop in the philly area? Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks

Eazye1081
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport

PAULK22 Can you let me know the name of the shop in northeast philly? Theres no email address in your profile. Thanks. My email is [email protected].

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

anyone in the jersey (or nearby) area that could help me with this?

also, someone mentioned something about the GPS lagging a bit? Has anyone had this issue?

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

gps signal will not restore until you have slowed down your car to about 30MPH. i was on the highway driving at about 80mph and the map was showing me going across water :)

mrrbiggz
Car: 2006 M35X

anyone in DC area willing to lend a hand??

Muddy4dsm

Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping the video from being noticed from the outside? Does tint seem to do the job or is it low enough that it can't be seen by passing cars? Also, does it dim down at night so it's not super noticeable by flashing lights on the interior of the car?

I plan on doing this hack so I (or my fiance) can input destinations as the car's moving for the most part, but the video is a nice additional feature.

Muddy4dsm

LoL - I was thinking more so keeping it on the DL from the boys in blue. Last thing I need on a road trip is to have a cop sneak up behind me and see me watching Caddyshack or something.

I will probably go with 35% all the way around (actually legal here in IL!!) so it won't be blocking out too much I suspect so just wanted to get an idea of how much could be seen by other cars. Thanks for the reply man

kmilbrad94
Car: 2007 M35X

Im so gonna give this a try this weekend. Lets see if its as easy as posted here...

Lynchr
Car: 06 M35x, Journey, Technology

paulk22 wrote:Thanks, that will get me the same result I suppose.

Has anyone had any luck getting a switch that matches the one for the AWD on the center console, I was thinking that would be ideal for installation (although maybe a little obvious for someone to find when repairing the vehicle)

If so, could you post the link?
Never saw a reply to this question on the switch. Anyone aware of such a swithch?

Thanks

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

I asked the same question somewhere, and even asked if the SNOW button was DPDT, because I'd use it, but no one on the forum seemed to know (read: I got no response), and I didn't look into it further3

d21footbal

The00Dustin wrote:I asked the same question somewhere, and even asked if the SNOW button was DPDT, because I'd use it, but no one on the forum seemed to know (read: I got no response), and I didn't look into it further3

I would like to know if anyone has used some kind of OEM switch or one that fits in a blank slot in the center console? I plan on doing this really soon but would love to have it look as factory as possible...

Thanks in Advance...

D

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

For those wanting an OEM-like button, if you have a blank slot in your center console, I'm assuming you have an X with no premium package or a non-X with the premium package since the rest of the combinations have no blank slots (I have one in my 1006 M45 b/c it's premium package, and not X [although I don't understand why Nissan thinks we couldn't use a snow button in a RWD, Toyota has them in the Lexii {plural for Lexus, ha ha...}]). Anyway, if I am correct, check out this post: post5511068.html. It gives me some hope that perhaps there is a button close to the right size available to do the nav hack, but I haven't gotten to looking into it.

relentless1
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2006 Lexus GS300
2015 Infiniti QX80

Anyone in the Southern California area, specifically San Diego, able to do this hack for me? I will gladly pay to get it done correctly.
Just let me know how much you want, when and where! :biggrin:

Shoot me an email: [email protected]

SIK L
Car: 04 SVT Lightning
07 M35 Sport

Anyone in Central Florida want to help me with the hack? I'm in Orlando.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”