My Project (Jacquemond kit)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Blutenn
Car: 1993 240sx

T1ghtJDMDRIFT wrote:
I like plenty of things. To name a few;

- I like a small woman with a pretty face and a tight a**.

- I like a good sandwich and a good beach.

- I like low s13's with semi-agressive aero and very fine fitment.

I haven't seen a whole lot of any of that here. So... logically I will say I don't like a lot of things. Don't take it personally because I'm not a fan of your wheels.
Damn... You're so edgy and hardcore.

wackawacka

Blutenn wrote:Damn... You're so edgy and hardcore.
... and 14 years old?
Broadfield wrote:
ExciteBike.... now that was an awesome game!

http://nintendo8.com/game/24/excitebike/

Blutenn

wackawacka wrote:
... and 14 years old?

That too.

Blutenn

T1ghtJDMDRIFT wrote:I am edgy.

I am hardcore.

I am 14 years old.
Ah, that explains it. As you were, sir.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

ViolentRunning13 wrote:
Your car is boring. Get excite.
i forgot how exciting an s13 with a ka is. clearly you have room to talk

Fieldy
Car: 89 240sx Base, 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (RIP)

take this shyt somewhere else.. make another HYPE thread. Maybe you should start your own forum.. VRTISSOFREAKINGGREATITMAKESMECUMINMYPANTS.net something like that. then you can at least give the OP and the rest of this forum the respect of not taking a dump on every thread you touch. Seiously, start your annoying pissing matches somewhere else. I could really not care less what engines you have or how old you are, lets just try to act like adults here. Different strokes for different folks.. dig?

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

ViolentRunning13 wrote:
Yeah because you can't do events with a KA huh? I forgot about that.
i never said you couldn't, but acting like a badass, while driving around with a KA and claiming that broadfield's car is boring is just lame

Ajax
Car: 1991 240sx SE
2010 Mazda 5

So I forget, have you decided what color this will be painted?

airman86

Ajax wrote:So I forget, have you decided what color this will be painted?
thanks - i'll rock the vote with another "GET THE HELL BACK ON TOPIC" post.

you're definitely putting a lot of time and effort into this project. i'll be watching to see how it ends up...

Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Fieldy wrote:take this shyt somewhere else.. make another HYPE thread. Maybe you should start your own forum.. VRTISSOFREAKINGGREATITMAKESMECUMINMYPANTS.net something like that. then you can at least give the OP and the rest of this forum the respect of not taking a dump on every thread you touch. Seiously, start your annoying pissing matches somewhere else. I could really not care less what engines you have or how old you are, lets just try to act like adults here. Different strokes for different folks.. dig?
airman86 wrote:
thanks - i'll rock the vote with another "GET THE HELL BACK ON TOPIC" post.

you're definitely putting a lot of time and effort into this project. i'll be watching to see how it ends up...
Ajax wrote:So I forget, have you decided what color this will be painted?
thanks guys, hopfully they will stop, what they're talking about has nothing to do with me or my thread.

Mercedes-Benz silver, I've always loved how that color shines in the sun

Ajax
2010 Mazda 5

I can dig it.On the inverted hatch- I'm curious as to how far down the inner edge sits- like if it were on a stock car with rear seats, how close would it sit to the rear seat back.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Sweet project man!

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

T1ghtJDMDRIFT wrote:I am edgy.

I am hardcore.

I am 14 years old.
You left out one thing... Banned for a week.

Troll elsewhere. Not wanted here.

Fieldy
Car: 89 240sx Base, 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (RIP)

Beancooker wrote:
You left out one thing... Banned for a week.

Troll elsewhere. Not wanted here.
w00t!!! This thread is now even more full of win

Sky240PWR

Ajax wrote:I can dig it.On the inverted hatch- I'm curious as to how far down the inner edge sits- like if it were on a stock car with rear seats, how close would it sit to the rear seat back.
not sure, my other computer with all my pics was messed up by lightning, I'll look next time i'm at the shop.
LongBeachCoupe wrote:Sweet project man!
thanks!

ok, so my car goes in at the end of the month to get the suspension put on, I have a few more things i want to add.....SPL Pro solid subfram bushings, either one of the tie rod combo's they offer or the JIC Magic hard one. More Cusco, the front OC carbon strut bar, rear with the triangle kit, and the front lower radius bar, and maybe the bolt in tension arm brace from the fabricator market here on NICO.

Now the thing i'm having trouble deciding is whether to go with Battle version front and rear lower control arms, or go with new stock ones from PDM with the Whiteline inner polyurethane bushings already pressed in, both would be around the same price...hmmmm....any opinion?.....would love to hear them.

brndck
Car: getting crazy with the cheese whiz

thank you beancooker!!!!!

op, i think its awesome that you're doing something DIFFERENT with your s-chassis.

vrt seems to believe that making cookie cutter cars is the path to heaven. i think creativity > same old, same old.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

ViolentRunning13 wrote:
Your car is boring. Get excite.
This from the guy who cried because someone pooped in your thread?

Take a lil' vacation.

Kalypso

pics?

Ajax
2010 Mazda 5

Sky240PWR wrote:Now the thing i'm having trouble deciding is whether to go with Battle version front and rear lower control arms, or go with new stock ones from PDM with the Whiteline inner polyurethane bushings already pressed in, both would be around the same price...hmmmm....any opinion?.....would love to hear them.
I've got Whiteline bushings all around (except subframes- need to get those done sometime soon!) Obviously it was a huge difference from the tired stock ones. They ride nicely, but they are still stock metal with little adjustability- with the full spherical bearing units, you usually get more adjustability (I'm assuming Battle Version is the same way). With the amount of modification you've already done, I'd probably go with the new arms to make sure you can get everything aligned properly. Mind you I have no experience with non-stock control arms, so I could be way off.

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

OEM, Battle Version doesn't actually make those arms. It's a whole thing. Learned about it after the guy bought my arms. Skip the BV lower control arms. If you're that serious about the arms, buy SPL.

Sky240PWR

well this sucks!.....anybody else want to throw in?.....SPL would of been a better choice, but they are also $600 more then the PDM or Battle version......if someone has the hook up with them, please email me!..lol...i won't say anything.

I'm hoping to spend around 1000 for front and back, anybody have an alternative??....I need to place an order tomorrow if i want to get these in time to put on with other suspension.
Bumnah wrote:OEM, Battle Version doesn't actually make those arms. It's a whole thing. Learned about it after the guy bought my arms. Skip the BV lower control arms. If you're that serious about the arms, buy SPL.
so what you're saying is they're no better then Megan, Godspeed, ect......??

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Just get the car done and do those later........... progress is for the win, arms on a car that goes nowhere is FTL

Sky240PWR

ahhh said the blind man....lol...he has to get the wheels where the're going to be so he can re-work the fender wells, so yeah....kinda need them fixed, my back wheels are un even, one is forward more then the other.

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

I'm saying those Battle Version control arms aren't actually made by Battle Version. One of his retailer, just started branding them as Battle Version. I don't know who actually makes them so I can't comment on quality.

Replace the oem bushings with poly. If you really wanna be ultra mega super duper hardcore. Box in your front control arms. Buy the battle version bearing setup for the front bushings and buy the moon face ball joints for the front. Then send it out and have it polished or chrome dipped or powdercoated whatever you want.

For the rear arms, you can again buy moon face ball joints, and SPL sells spherical bearings for the rear OEM arms. Then you can have said you spent over $1000 on control arms. Don't forget to chrome the rear arms.

You don't need any of that stuff. Put in MOOG balljoints, and poly bushings, and clean up the OEM arms and be done with it. Give your wallet a break.

ventrex
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe

i got hook ups with Battle Version, Thats interesting about the control arms, i know the owner i will personally ask him about it and confirm it! but yeah man contact me about the BV stuff if your going that route. my email is [email protected]

Sky240PWR

email sent

Ajax
2010 Mazda 5

I was about to link you to the track cat thread, but then I saw you already talked to the guy. Talk about unique- you put that in your car along with everything else- Holy !

Sky240PWR

lol...i thought about it but I love my new Cusco coilovers with the electric dampering.

ventrex
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe

alright for everyone who was unclear about Battle Versions Front Lower Control Arms...

quoted from the owner himself: "The lower control arms where TC Sportline ones that I was reselling, my dealers decided to list them as battle version which was a mistake." - Alex Pfeiffer

The FLCA that were sold are actually made by a company called TCSportline they still have them, but i dont know them very well or know of their quality.

Battle Version no longer sells these. As a replacement i do have MoonFace Suspension products, they are of extremely high quality, but are of course pricey. http://dragonmotorsports.net/s13mfflca.html

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Wow, this build is STILL going?

This thread is more than three years old. I could never stick with something this long, I've had a couple dozen cars since this thread got started, LOL.

I can't wait to see it painted and DONE.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”