My Project (Jacquemond kit)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

cool, 24 cars huh?.....can't say that myself, just the s2000 and the 350z track.......^^ all in good time though....lol

rlee02135
Car: 2004 C32 AMG, 2005 Ducati 749, 1990 240SX Hatch

awesome projct!

Sky240PWR

Bumnah wrote:I'm saying those Battle Version control arms aren't actually made by Battle Version. One of his retailer, just started branding them as Battle Version. I don't know who actually makes them so I can't comment on quality.

Replace the oem bushings with poly. If you really wanna be ultra mega super duper hardcore. Box in your front control arms. Buy the battle version bearing setup for the front bushings and buy the moon face ball joints for the front. Then send it out and have it polished or chrome dipped or powdercoated whatever you want.

For the rear arms, you can again buy moon face ball joints, and SPL sells spherical bearings for the rear OEM arms. Then you can have said you spent over $1000 on control arms. Don't forget to chrome the rear arms.

You don't need any of that stuff. Put in MOOG balljoints, and poly bushings, and clean up the OEM arms and be done with it. Give your wallet a break.
well, I kinda went your route, I'm sticking with oem lower front and rear arms, going to box in the fronts, I bought the Moonface front and rear Pro roll center adjusters and went with the energy bushing kit. I also went with the Tein inner and outer Tie rod combo, along with the Stance ST2 Aluminum Subframe Bushings.....called SPL but they didn't have any spherical bearings in stock.....do i have any other options?

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

Sky240PWR wrote:
well, I kinda went your route, I'm sticking with oem lower front and rear arms, going to box in the fronts, I bought the Moonface front and rear Pro roll center adjusters and went with the energy bushing kit. I also went with the Tein inner and outer Tie rod combo, along with the Stance ST2 Aluminum Subframe Bushings.....called SPL but they didn't have any spherical bearings in stock.....do i have any other options?
Energy Suspension's polyurethane bushings. This is a show car, you don't need spherical. You don't even need poly, but it's easier to put in poly than new oem rubber.
Modified by Bumnah at 3:39 PM 6/26/2009

ventrex
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe

aw man, i wish you had let me know i would have given you great prices on the moonface, tein, and stance stuff =/

Sky240PWR

ventrex wrote:aw man, i wish you had let me know i would have given you great prices on the moonface, tein, and stance stuff =/
I did ask you but you said it would take awhile for the moon face stuff to get to me, I got all that with 2 day shipping, so all of it was in stock......my car is being worked on mon and tues, i need those parts now......sorry.

Redevil

I'm sorry I can't help it.

So uh how's that nissan you've been working on?You know the one you've been working on for 3 years now.You had some sort of uh jacquemond body kit.And some uh skyline tail lights there.You know, the one your body man was supposed to have done a few years ago.You know the one you've uh photo shopped a million times.You've been talking about that for quite some time now.You've been uh keeping us all in suspense.A little uh richer experience for the reader.Make those last 15 pages keep the reader guessing what's going to happen.Some twists and turns.A little epilogue.Everyone learns that building a car usually takes longer than you think.At the end maybe you'll be a uh little richer from the experience.Oh I look forward to seeing it done!

SILVIAJayS
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE

ROFL. ^That's good^

a_ahmed
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

honestly i looked at the price on those moonface arms (they are just stock arms with spherical solid bushing on one end and their balljoint that raises roll center and is unadjustable)... and you got ripped off.

The SPL arms are frickin same price and the front is cheaper.

Kalypso

PICS?

sebazztard
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx rb25det project. 2000 Honda Accord LX DD. 1992 Nissan 300zx NA.

Redevil wrote:I'm sorry I can't help it.

So uh how's that nissan you've been working on?You know the one you've been working on for 3 years now.You had some sort of uh jacquemond body kit.And some uh skyline tail lights there.You know, the one your body man was supposed to have done a few years ago.You know the one you've uh photo shopped a million times.You've been talking about that for quite some time now.You've been uh keeping us all in suspense.A little uh richer experience for the reader.Make those last 15 pages keep the reader guessing what's going to happen.Some twists and turns.A little epilogue.Everyone learns that building a car usually takes longer than you think.At the end maybe you'll be a uh little richer from the experience.Oh I look forward to seeing it done!
lmfao epic

ive been following this just about the same day as i joined nico but havent posted, but damn already, the hype is dying... and this may be forgot about when its actually done.

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:honestly i looked at the price on those moonface arms (they are just stock arms with spherical solid bushing on one end and their balljoint that raises roll center and is unadjustable)... and you got ripped off.

The SPL arms are frickin same price and the front is cheaper.
Sky240PWR wrote:
what part of " I'm sticking with oem lower front and rear arms, going to box in the fronts" did you not understand?..lol...i didn't buy any lower arms.

Kalypso.....this is being done mon and tues, maybe wed too....so maybe after.
Redevil wrote:I'm sorry I can't help it.

sebazztard wrote:
lmfao epic

ive been following this just about the same day as i joined nico but havent posted, but damn already, the hype is dying... and this may be forgot about when its actually done.
.... [/QUOTE]..well f this is how most of you feel, maybe I'll stop posting till it's done, then i'll start where i left off....maybe a year to a year in ahalf from now.
Modified by Sky240PWR at 1:01 PM 6/27/2009

sebazztard
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx rb25det project. 2000 Honda Accord LX DD. 1992 Nissan 300zx NA.

we are just anxious is all, its amazing work, we just have short attention spans.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

its ok not many follow my build either cuz its like almost 40 pages. but bear in mind the build thread spans 2 cars. oh well, i still check this regularly and i understand that the best build take time

ventrex
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe

sorry man, but you asked me about the arms, i had the roll center adjusters and stuff in stock, could have shipped it the same day for you. =/ let me know for future reference i will do my best to get you the best prices possible for anything.

Sky240PWR

Hi guys, need your advice, my suspension won't be done this week cause i'm waiting on parts to get back from getting powder coated, so i thought what the hell, i should go ahead and do the brakes while he has everything apart.

Ok, so here's my problem, I want a big brake kit for the front and rear, but i don't have alot of money to get the fancy set-ups, i've been searching around and came across a few sites.

I came across a Track Edition Big Brake Kit thats $600 that comes with everything i need, I could get front and rear for under 1200, sounds like a good price to me, here's the link.....let me know what you think

http://www.silverminemotors.co...Id=55

here's another option, Wilwood big brake kit for $800(even thought it says 94-98, 4-lug)

http://store.revolutionbrake.com/niprbrsy.html

If anyone knows of another place or another option i have, please let me know.

Bumnah

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Z32 brakes may not be baller enough for you.. But they are more than capable for a 240sx. Plus they are cheap! Just get them rebuilt and powder coated, etc.. and you're good to go.

Sky240PWR

I don't know much about Wilwood brakes, atleast with the set-up i put up, it's made by nissan, so i can't really get hated on for going with them, nobody else has any opinioins or ideas?
Modified by Sky240PWR at 8:11 PM 6/30/2009

a_ahmed

I had z32 brakes all around with z32 mbc. HP+ pads front and HPS pads rear. It was alright.. but I could fade the setup and I was sick of dealing with 20 year old junk/rebuilds.

I have arizona z car setup front and rear. 6pot front and 4 pot rear. It is the most significant upgrade on the car. It rocks I LOVE the brakes I want more grippier tires and more aggressive pads bu other than that.. great. with 'aggressive street pads' from willwood I was able to go into a short technical track 40 minutes straight session without breaks (lol almost a pun) and no brake fade. I was outbreaking other cars on track like i'm about to rape the other cars and make them whimper and cry. Point being, the brakes are great and worth the buy.

I would however get a kit from someone else. The arizona z car/dave is i guess okay according to some people but personally i havent had best customer service from him. Customer service is half the deal. The guy never replies to my emails wth, and cant get a hold of him through phone + i don like calling by phone to states as im in canada costs me money.

He is unwilling to share part numbers on the s*** and would rather hook u up directly through himself. This may be good for his business but not good enough for me.

I contacted wilwood directly and they identified the pars as generic wilwood parts... so pretty much i didn end up like dealing with him. Also the kit needed a few modifications here and there which was really lame. I dont mind it but just a heads up. The rear brake knuckle had to be sawn off and ebrake lost which is fine and dandy by me. I put into 1st gear when i park anyways and i dont drift.

The rotors had runout that needed to be taken care of but apparently wilwood rotors come like that.. but still... the rotors were slightly warped when i installed them (WTH? brand new)... and he brackets/calipers had to be shimmed. This may piss off some ppl and it did piss me off. Should be straight bolton tight affair.

Anyways that aside the brakes are PHENOMENAL and worth every penny. I also have a brake bias adjuster in cabin (woohoo) which works great for front/rear bias adjustment... and...the hydraulic jammer lock button.. but it doesnt work so boo (again i put into 1st gear).

I would recommend this one kit that a guy is selling on zilvia, 12", 13", 14' 2 piece rotor choices +superlie 6pot/4pot choices. Same price or even cheaper if i remember. He is in the advertising section i forget exactly. Much better kit i think too (no personal experience but jus looking at it).

That is all Stop wasting time on used oem calipers/rotors. Only advantage of z32 kit is that rotors are cheap as hell but so what.

Weight-wise my wilwood 6pot 13" 2 piece setup weighs same/less (i have it somewhere on hand) than the z32 26mm setup i had before.

Sky240PWR

wow, thanks......see now thats the kinda of help i'm talking about...thanks for not letting me go down the wrong path, or should i say who leads me down the wrong path, i'll look into the guy on zilvia.

moulton712
Car: coupe, hatch, both s13s

hey, keep up the good work. i just finished my 8 month build. i wanted to build this car over winter and drift for this year. now it's almost july. i had so many people bashing "is this ever going to get done this year." i ended up doing everything to the car, even all suspension components except for flca. (i'm tring to find used oem s14) but now my car is done, it's a weird feeling. now my car feels far better than anyone elses car anywhere close to where i live. just wait till your car is done the way you want it to be done, it's so worth it.

btw, you'll see the most results on your car when it nears completion.

morle, just keep working to your goal, post pics, when it's done it's done, and dont listen to the bashers.

Sky240PWR

moulton712 wrote:hey, keep up the good work. i just finished my 8 month build. i wanted to build this car over winter and drift for this year. now it's almost july. i had so many people bashing "is this ever going to get done this year." i ended up doing everything to the car, even all suspension components except for flca. (i'm tring to find used oem s14) but now my car is done, it's a weird feeling. now my car feels far better than anyone elses car anywhere close to where i live. just wait till your car is done the way you want it to be done, it's so worth it.

btw, you'll see the most results on your car when it nears completion.

morle, just keep working to your goal, post pics, when it's done it's done, and dont listen to the bashers.
..yeah, i never thought it would take this long but at the same time, i didn't realize on how much($) all the little things add up....as i said before, i'm just a regular guy like alot of you when it comes to jobs, i work at two resturants, so......I'm in way over my head, thank god my girl helps me when she can(also not the best jobs).....so yeah, it takes time.

I've been googling my a** off looking for a decent brake kit for front and rear under 2k the last 3 days........in the end, i couldn't beat the price for the Wilwood BBK at http://www.arizonazcar.com....just got off the phone with Dave, I went with the 4pod front and rear but opt for drilled and slotted all the way around and went with the bigger 13'' rotors up front.

I think I'm going to look into Drive Shaft Shop for some axels, maybe the level 2(600hp)....anyone know of a cheaper route then 800 bucks for them?(from vivid)

So....just like my project, the suspension and brakes are not going to be done this week but should be done late next week if not the following mon or tues. Then i will post pics.

Modified by Sky240PWR at 5:16 PM 7/2/2009

Bumnah

again. axles made for a 600 whp car, for a show car? why?!

Fidel_Cashflo
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx S13
SR20det (typical stock swap, some goodies)
Bride seat/Nardi/mint interior
Origin Widebody
Version Select Aero
SSR Type C 19x10.5 +15 all around

So whats the deal with these inverted hatchs? I really want one!

Sky240PWR

will you stop saying that like i'm not going to drive my damn car!....lol...i let it go the first time but not now, ok....i've already said this car was for fun, i said i was going to drive it and wanted to take it to the track to see what she can do, but isn't a track car, i also said i was going to show it, why can't i do alittle everything?(besides drifting) and....I already said this car will be pushing 600 to the wheel, so it only makes sence to buy axels that can handle 600. I do have a pt67 turbo with HKS manifold, wastgate, custom down pipe, ect....

Sky240PWR

Fidel_Cashflo wrote:So whats the deal with these inverted hatchs? I really want one!
you and alot of other people, good luck!....took me years to track one down, paid 1200....They only made 10 of them, to see if they would generate enough interest, at the time, i guess it didn't so they didn't make anymore. tell you the truth, i'm glad cause that makes it a rare part.

a_ahmed

doesnt like raceonusa make a knockoff now anyways??

brndck
Car: getting crazy with the cheese whiz

a_ahmed wrote:doesnt like raceonusa make a knockoff now anyways??
f*** raceon. their quality is s*** and they are the biggest knockoff company in the automotive industry. f*** any company that can't come up with cool new ideas on their own.the first time i see a car with a knockoff bn sports hatch, i'm going to pee on it then steal their valvestems.

i was already f***ing pissed when i saw that they have a knockoff of the first molding diffuser that i have, a bn sports hatch would be just f***ing too much.

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:doesnt like raceonusa make a knockoff now anyways??
that would suck, i hope not!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”