My M56x is leaking PS fluid

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Oh damn, that's fancy.
If the dealer continues to give you crap, don't forget you can try contacting corporate at 1-800-Nissan1 for quicker/better resolution.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:47 am
Oh damn, that's fancy.
If the dealer continues to give you crap, don't forget you can try contacting corporate at 1-800-Nissan1 for quicker/better resolution.
Yeah I had to do that with Infiniti on my old '07 M35x after they sent a rookie tech on a ride-along with me over some suspension clunking and said "that's normal". Within 30 minutes of making a case with Infiniti, the local service manager called me, got me on a ride with his most senior tech who within 10 minutes said "yep, this is a problem."

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Got a call back from the manager.

The tech basically gave up on re-installing it because the bolts were shot and didn't tell anyone. The manager has the shield. Manager said it was unacceptable and unprofessional. So, not an honest mistake such as misplacing it and forgetting it...it was a conscious decision to not re-install it.

They will be towing my car back to get the coolant fixed and then will call me and have me in the shop with the car on the lift so we can see if the shields can be re-installed.

That being said, based on the manager, I'm willing to give credit where it is due. He could have backed up his guy and told me to kick rocks but he instead is working to make it right.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Bring some fancy stainless buttonhead bolts with you to put that guard back on ;)
Or just have the guy give it to you and do that part yourself. Maybe get them to knock a hundred or 2 bucks off.

Ilya

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 pm
Bring some fancy stainless buttonhead bolts with you to put that guard back on ;)
Or just have the guy give it to you and do that part yourself. Maybe get them to knock a hundred or 2 bucks off.
Eh...I told them if they take care of all of the issues and make it right I'll chalk it up to whatever...$100 is $100 bucks but I'm not going to fight over it.

I'll likely make them extract the bolts because they have the lift, I don't. Really don't want to be doing that on my back lol.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Ilya wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:12 pm
I'll likely make them extract the bolts because they have the lift, I don't. Really don't want to be doing that on my back lol.
Yep, on most models the 6mm screws that hold the back of that shield go straight into the subframe crossmember. It would be a complete b@#$% drilling them out and heli-coiling them on your back.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Oh I must have missed the part where the threads are stripped out.
Yeah, that sucks then.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Ummm, yeah, I'd be pissed on both accounts. Properly bleeding the coolant system is NOT that hard. Maybe they forgot to turn the heat on so there was air trapped in the heater core?

And them taking that panel isn't cool at all. It should have been discussed with you. I've only used my local Nissan dealer a few times for work over the years, but they've always done a good job. Sounds like I'm lucky.

Ilya

float_6969 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 am
Ummm, yeah, I'd be pissed on both accounts. Properly bleeding the coolant system is NOT that hard. Maybe they forgot to turn the heat on so there was air trapped in the heater core?

And them taking that panel isn't cool at all. It should have been discussed with you. I've only used my local Nissan dealer a few times for work over the years, but they've always done a good job. Sounds like I'm lucky.
Yeah I was lucky in NY with my Infiniti dealer (Lia Infiniti) other than one situation which they rectified ASAP. But always did exactly what I asked and many of the tech knew I was a car guy. I think I just need to build that relationship here with some dealer so they know that when I bring my car in, I'm going to notice things that most customers won't notice.

They are coming to tow the car today.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

When I use my local dealer, I have a specific service tech that I request. I ONLY use him. If he's not there, I schedule it for a different day so that he can work on it. He's a good dude, a Nissan enthusiast, actually knows his s***, goes to every training program Nissan has, and genuinely seems to care about peoples cars. He's probably a rare breed, but if you can find something similar, it works out well for me doing it that way.

Ilya

float_6969 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:11 am
When I use my local dealer, I have a specific service tech that I request. I ONLY use him. If he's not there, I schedule it for a different day so that he can work on it. He's a good dude, a Nissan enthusiast, actually knows his s***, goes to every training program Nissan has, and genuinely seems to care about peoples cars. He's probably a rare breed, but if you can find something similar, it works out well for me doing it that way.
I'm the same way...as soon as I find someone who is good at what they do, I become loyal and only use them. Helps them and helps me lol. And definitely a rare breed in any industry...the majority of people are happy to just do the bare minimum to get paid...a much smaller percentage of people in the world are obsessed with making sure their work is top notch.

Ilya

Nissan of Brandon (FL) is terrible, confirmed. After taking my car back to them to rectify the fact that the car had almost no coolant after they did the coolant service...IT WAS STILL LOW when I checked this morning after they supposedly corrected their mistake. Not as low, but still low (could barely see it). And the reservoir was completely empty.

Finally added fluid myself but those scrubs will never get my business again even though they seem to have done a good job with the steering rack replacement and wheel balance.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Ilya wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:13 am
EdBwoy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:11 am
I think all the components you've ordered are nice-to-dos, but I would personally focus on addressing the leaking rack first. Rebuilt units can be had cheaply.

While replacing the rack, you might find that certain section of the tie rods have seized and can't be separated to be reused... or they can be, but are in horrible shape and you would rather not reuse them - and that's when you rejoice for having replacement parts on hand.

I am not a fan of the solution-in-a-bottle type of fixes, but I understand that sometimes the options are limited.
Yeah, I already told me wife like a month ago I'd likely be needing a rack when I couldn't find the general area of the leak so I was already gearing up for having that replaced. Problem is for the first time in my life, I'll be relying on mechanics to do stuff like that as I won't have access to my families shop here in NY. In FL, I'll just be doing basic maintenance like brakes, filters, etc. A rack and pinion isn't something I'd be tackling in an ill-equipped garage.
Sorry to learn that you must live amongst us mortals without a home garage and lift, LOL. We all can stop being envious now. :)

Ilya

Larz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:55 pm
Ilya wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:13 am

Yeah, I already told me wife like a month ago I'd likely be needing a rack when I couldn't find the general area of the leak so I was already gearing up for having that replaced. Problem is for the first time in my life, I'll be relying on mechanics to do stuff like that as I won't have access to my families shop here in NY. In FL, I'll just be doing basic maintenance like brakes, filters, etc. A rack and pinion isn't something I'd be tackling in an ill-equipped garage.
Sorry to learn that you must live amongst us mortals without a home garage and lift, LOL. We all can stop being envious now. :)
Hahaha :rotflmao . I do not enjoy this living lol. How am I supposed to do HowTo's now?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”