My M37X to M37Xs Conversion

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
rxmclaren7
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

love what you have done so far...cant wait to see what it looks like completed....to be continued?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Me thinks you need to put the S emblem behind the M37...and then put a EX emblem behind the S. THAT would work well.

ddiimmaa
Car: M37X

maximus35 wrote:nice car but if you wanted the sports awd model you should of held out a couple of months . the m37xs went on sale in august.
I knew it would come out.. but i picked up my 2011M for 41k as a leftover. I put in now with the aero kit 6.5k on top of the car. so im at 47.5. If i was to get all the options etc that i now have on my car with the new m37xs i would be into it for 60+, and considering that its new with dealer incentives etc maybe maybe 55/56 +.. so in reality yes i wanted the all wheel drive sport, and i made it one. :) I promise it sits lower and rides better than stock though :p :biggrin:

ddiimmaa

Took a pic between the rains.. crappy lighting more to come when the sun comes out.

Its definitely a work in progress, i am going to push out the wheels with some 15mm.
Doing the paddle shifters having a problem finding the bracket.. the shifters are pre wired you just need the shifters themselves, and a new steering column cover but im having trouble finding the actual mounting bracket. Mike over at OC infiniti is trying to help me find what i need.

ddiimmaa

audtatious wrote:Me thinks you need to put the S emblem behind the M37...and then put a EX emblem behind the S. THAT would work well.
Damn.. too late i have a bunch of letters that i took off the car in the debadging process.. but you gave me an idea.. what if i just have the infiniti logo.. and then sex underneath.. hmmm :woot:

ddiimmaa

cycler wrote:I ordered the eibach springs. Just one more question. Did you need a wheel alignment once you were done
Yes I did, sorry been a bit MIA with work recently. I waited a few weeks though..

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

ddiimmaa wrote:Took a pic between the rains.. crappy lighting more to come when the sun comes out.

Its definitely a work in progress, i am going to push out the wheels with some 15mm.
Doing the paddle shifters having a problem finding the bracket.. the shifters are pre wired you just need the shifters themselves, and a new steering column cover but im having trouble finding the actual mounting bracket. Mike over at OC infiniti is trying to help me find what i need.

Did you do the side sills also? Do they sit lower to the ground than stock? Can't wait to see more pics. BTW I just ordered my spoiler today :biggrin:

ddiimmaa

wideopn11 wrote:
ddiimmaa wrote:Took a pic between the rains.. crappy lighting more to come when the sun comes out.

Did you do the side sills also? Do they sit lower to the ground than stock? Can't wait to see more pics. BTW I just ordered my spoiler today :biggrin:

Yes I did do the whole "aero kit" front bumper, side sills, rear spoiler and blacked out grill, I am going to plasti coat mine and sell on ebay or something or keep as a spare. Luckily for me I live about 2 hours away from circle infiniti and I was able to buy the parts through Tony, a chunk of change at 1895 for the kit, but it was worth the look after all. The color match wasnt perfect but honestly its metal/plastic and it wasnt factory painted at the same time as the car, so with a color like pearl white its expected. Ill probably blend the fenders when i get some rock chips or something on the bumper. Its always nice to have friends with body shops :biggrin:
I just did the aluminum pedals this weekend, going to do led rear door handles and small sub next.
PS. WILL NEVER EVER EVER BUY A STILLEN PART AGAIN!

mexillis
Car: M45s

looks good, i didnt like the newer version M's until I saw the aero kit. Have you thought of painting your headlight housing black?

White-Rush
Car: 06 M35S - Sold
11 M37S - Ran hard and sold
16 Q70S

do any you guys know if the suspension (Springs / coilovers) pieces for these cars, are completely different than the previous generation.

ddiimmaa

White-Rush wrote:do any you guys know if the suspension (Springs / coilovers) pieces for these cars, are completely different than the previous generation.
I dont know but off the top of my head i would assume so simply because the weight of the car is different, distribution etc lots of major changes. I would be surprised if anything stayed the same in that sense

ddiimmaa

mexillis wrote:looks good, i didnt like the newer version M's until I saw the aero kit. Have you thought of painting your headlight housing black?
Im actually looking at getting the sport headlights the one with the black inside, just need to wait until enough people wreck some of these cars and it starts showing up on ebay, etc. Living in the northeast with our weather the last thing you would want to do is limit your nighttime visibility with anything.But I might try a tint film just to see the difference at night at least this way its removable if anything.

White-Rush
Car: 06 M35S - Sold
11 M37S - Ran hard and sold
16 Q70S

ddiimmaa wrote:
White-Rush wrote:do any you guys know if the suspension (Springs / coilovers) pieces for these cars, are completely different than the previous generation.
I dont know but off the top of my head i would assume so simply because the weight of the car is different, distribution etc lots of major changes. I would be surprised if anything stayed the same in that sense

yeah, sounds about right. Just curious. that's all.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Dimka, you from Philly? NYC?

You should be fine with slightly tinted headlights in most places up here.

ddiimmaa

IlyaKol wrote:Dimka, you from Philly? NYC?

You should be fine with slightly tinted headlights in most places up here.
Yeah Im in PHL burbs though.. we have fun with lots of deer etc :) :rotfl

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Yes I did do the whole "aero kit" front bumper, side sills, rear spoiler and blacked out grill, I am going to plasti coat mine and sell on ebay or something or keep as a spare. Luckily for me I live about 2 hours away from circle infiniti and I was able to buy the parts through Tony, a chunk of change at 1895 for the kit, but it was worth the look after all. The color match wasnt perfect but honestly its metal/plastic and it wasnt factory painted at the same time as the car, so with a color like pearl white its expected. Ill probably blend the fenders when i get some rock chips or something on the bumper. Its always nice to have friends with body shops :biggrin:
I just did the aluminum pedals this weekend, going to do led rear door handles and small sub next.
I'm a couple steps behind you but just installed my spoiler. It was pretty easy. How much trouble did you have installing the side skirts? Any tips that would help me out. I'll probably order those next month.

ddiimmaa

wideopn11 wrote:
I'm a couple steps behind you but just installed my spoiler. It was pretty easy. How much trouble did you have installing the side skirts? Any tips that would help me out. I'll probably order those next month.

Skirts were a b**** to install. They didnt fit right in my opinion, they are a bit "off center". Re-use your old clips the new ones didnt fit well at all. The whole skirt goes about 1/8 inch too far to the front when compared to the fender in the front, and 1/8 too short when compared to the back so get it "force" aligned and then tighten one of the bottoms down and continue with the rest. Maybe i just got the ones with the misaligned holes but it was a pain in my a**. They still don't fit 100%. I will be taking them to a body shop seeing if they can carefully do some adjustments on them. Same with the front bumper just didnt fit 100% but i got it work with some minor adjustments here and there.

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Skirts were a b**** to install. They didnt fit right in my opinion, they are a bit "off center". Re-use your old clips the new ones didnt fit well at all. The whole skirt goes about 1/8 inch too far to the front when compared to the fender in the front, and 1/8 too short when compared to the back so get it "force" aligned and then tighten one of the bottoms down and continue with the rest. Maybe i just got the ones with the misaligned holes but it was a pain in my a**. They still don't fit 100%. I will be taking them to a body shop seeing if they can carefully do some adjustments on them. Same with the front bumper just didnt fit 100% but i got it work with some minor adjustments here and there.
Good to know. Maybe I'll hold off on those for a while. I want to do the tint and maybe the eibachs also since I can't find coilovers that will work for the AWD. For the rear springs, did you just have to take the back seat out to access the shock towers? I read somewhere that you can't get to them from the trunk.

ddiimmaa

wideopn11 wrote:
Good to know. Maybe I'll hold off on those for a while. I want to do the tint and maybe the eibachs also since I can't find coilovers that will work for the AWD. For the rear springs, did you just have to take the back seat out to access the shock towers? I read somewhere that you can't get to them from the trunk.
There are no coilovers yet for AWD, and i found out pretty much why. Most of the tuners that manufacture aftermarket parts are located on the west coast. Cali etc doest generally get too much snow so they dont have a need for AWD models :rotflmao .. So thats why it takes so long for the AWD crap to start showing up they need an AWD model to come in and do R&D on and they just dont get too many of them out there. As far as the springs yup.. had to take out the seats, the rear deck, the rear airbag covers etc.. the entire trunk lining as well. Everything is interconnected and what a b****! Took 2 days to get the BBK and the shocks done.

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

There are no coilovers yet for AWD, and i found out pretty much why. Most of the tuners that manufacture aftermarket parts are located on the west coast. Cali etc doest generally get too much snow so they dont have a need for AWD models :rotflmao .. So thats why it takes so long for the AWD crap to start showing up they need an AWD model to come in and do R&D on and they just dont get too many of them out there. As far as the springs yup.. had to take out the seats, the rear deck, the rear airbag covers etc.. the entire trunk lining as well. Everything is interconnected and what a b****! Took 2 days to get the BBK and the shocks done.
:bang Thanks for the heads up, that's going to be frustrating. I don't know which will be harder, doing the work or trying to explain to my wife why I'm ripping the whole car apart to drop an inch.

ddiimmaa

wideopn11 wrote:
:bang Thanks for the heads up, that's going to be frustrating. I don't know which will be harder, doing the work or trying to explain to my wife why I'm ripping the whole car apart to drop an inch.

eh.. both were a b**** to explain for me.. although she likes the effect.. and is afraid to drive it now :) haha

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Any new updates on your M? My eibachs arrive next week sometime so I'll be planning a weekend to install them.

ddiimmaa

wideopn11 wrote:Any new updates on your M? My eibachs arrive next week sometime so I'll be planning a weekend to install them.
Nothing new really as of yet, I am getting the rims powder coated as we speak..but work,house etc taking up a lot of my time. If I keep the car(yes I am sell it, i really miss stick shift) I am pretty sure that I will be doing slotted rotors/ paint the headlights housings as well as powder coating the brake calipers. If I do not keep the car I will be going to a used M5..

mexillis
Car: M45s

If you get slotted rotors dba 2pc rotors are a good upgrade and save about 3lbs on each front rotor. I'm about to get their rotors soon for the f/r since the price is comparable to Adams rotors which was my initial choice. Zspeed has a deal on the dba rotors if you look on the myg37 forum.

razi87
Car: 2011 M37x

Hey Guys, I have a black M37x with 20'' smoked rims, and skirts. I was wondering can i install the m37s Headlights instead of the normal ones?

ddiimmaa

razi87 wrote:Hey Guys, I have a black M37x with 20'' smoked rims, and skirts. I was wondering can i install the m37s Headlights instead of the normal ones?

Yes you can, but why? The cost is very high.. youd be better off going to a good shop that can open up your lenses and have them painted etc.. The only thing you have to watch for is, if you have active headlights vs non.. they have to match otherwise its bolt on.

county-of-kings
Car: m37x

OP, did stock lines work for bbk install?

Darthswan
Car: 2012 M37X
99 Nissan Maxima

This is my first post on this board. Thank you for you thread it has been very informational. I was curious about the Stillen Cold Air, any update?

beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

since you don't likes
Stilled .ill trade you for a takeda intake.everything included to install in m37.like new ,never installed.only tried to install it.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”