MY KA-T build... NEED ADVICE!!!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Effortless
Car: 93 240sx

Hey guys im kinda new to the forum and to the ka's but ive had my 240 since march and only done some minor work to it and was really wanting to build a ka-t. I've done alot of research on the forum and on other sites and was wanting to get some opinions on the parts ive been looking at. I was looking at CX racing for their T76 turbo and i've heard good and bad about their products. Not sure on injector size or MAF or if i should switch to a MAP sensor.. Ive heard switching is the way to go. I plan on completley building this motor top to bottom. Have the head ported, port-matched and having the quench machined out as well as oversized valves dual springs titanium retainers and buckets and was thinking of using supertech for that but have no idea who to go to for the cams. As of right now the only thing the car has is a cold air, aem dry flow, z32 fuel filter, 11lbs flywheel, cheap 6 puck ceramic clutch, exedy pressure plate, pace-setter 4-2-1 header,3 in test pipe, 3in Invidia catback, K-sport version RR's and a set of ASE 17's on low pros.. Looking to have this thing fully built come march april and lookin for all the help i can get.. will get some pics of the build so far
Last edited by Effortless on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Effortless

Before Image
Also before Image
After Image
Like i said work in progress Image

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Are you talking about a T76 with a T3 exhaust housing? A full T76, which has a T4 exhaust housing will be very laggy and not make for a fun street car at all. Just my .O2 there.

What are your power goals and what will you be using the car for mostly? The key is to use the smallest turbo possible, or at least the best trim possible, for the power goals you have. Same with injectors and MAF since both of those are based around max power.

You're off to a good start and you're in the right place.

WD

Effortless

Not really building it for anything in particular just building to build it I know i atleast want to put 400 down to the pavement and as far as lag im not really worried there. What i want to do is raise the power band up to atleast 7500 and make the most of my usable power at the top end of the rpm range for the big t76. :naughty: as for the turbo its a t4 flange with a .68 A/R and a 76.7 compressor and a 64.6 turbine wheel. And not tryin to be a prick wd but i actually do understand how turbo's work and the amount of exhaust pressure that will be needed to actually spool, but I'm not trying to build a daily driver thats street friendly... I'm actually just building it for the fun of building my own little monster ka. I do appreciate all the help though. :dblthumb:

WDRacing

The .68AR won't be to bad, I had a .81 and it was pretty bad. A T76 is suited for 600ish hp...I'd say it's overkill but that's just my opinion. Your going to be slower through the entire rpm band then someone with a better sized turbo and you won't make that much more power up top. Have you looked at their GT35R? That would be my choice, but it's your build.

I'd grab a RS Enthalpy Rom tune and a set of injectors and MAF to match. Tell him what number you want to make and he'll give you the best combo.

Effortless

LOL honestly how much slower could it possibly get than it already is.. And who's kit are you talking about exactly? Like i said though WD I am open to any and all opinions. I was actually thinking of going with a standalone like AEM so that theres total tune control. Lol actually i dont know anything about RS Enthalpy though.

WDRacing

Enthalpy has a set of ROM tunes available for certain packages, like a N62 MAF and 72lb injectors. I mentioned Enthalpy because everyone seems to have very good results from his tunes power and drive ability wise.

I wasn't looking at any particular kit, just looking at the CXRacing site and picking the best turbo for 400ish hp with room to grow to over 500.

AEM EMS is baller if that's the route you're going you won't get any objections from me. I don't have any experience tuning it, but I'd played with it a little and the software is pretty sweet. I just assumed you'd want a plugnplay option.

Effortless

I would absolutely love to get another power FC if they made them for the KA's. Fell in love with that thing when i was stationed in oki... Had a GTS-T R32 with some mods and a FC and that thing was beastly... Sure miss those days :frown: BTW WD what car/setup are you runnin with now i saw in one of your older posts that you used to live in oki too.

WDRacing

I had 2 R32 GTS-ts while I was over on Oki. I to miss that place, great food, fun cars and awesome snorkeling.

Effortless

I really miss coco's their curry was the s*** lol. But back to the build, i still dont know who to go to for the cams, i've looked at jim wolfe and BC but so far havent seen what im really lookin for plus i dont like how the cams from BC have to be grinded for the 240

WDRacing

Dude...I had forgotten about Coco's.

Effortless

Coco's was amazing...if only they had that in the states. I would have died and gone to heaven

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”