My impressions

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Denfan

I had received an email invitation to a Rogue viewing so I decided to pop in last night and take a look. My very first impression was that the pictures online do not do it justice. I wasn't excited by the styling until i saw it in person. It looks very similar to a smaller Murano.

Unfortunately the model they had was not available for test drives so I can't provide feedback on performance. It was quite roomy inside, actually feeling very similar to my 05 Altima. I'm just under 6' and about 260 lbs so a small cockpit can be annoying. I did have to position the driver's seat all the way back to feel comfortable on the pedals so anyone much over 6' may have an issue.

It had a real car feel and I didn't feel like I was taking a step down from the Altima. I left the front seat all the way back and moved to the back seat where I still had enough legroom to sit comfortably. Front seats felt comfortable, back seats were a little stiffer but still not a huge issue.

The fit/finish of the Rogue actually felt really good. Interior was attractive and functional and again it felt every bit as comfortable as my Altima.

Rear visibility may be an issue due to the shape of the rear side windows but it's tough to tell without getting it out on the road.

It appears as though product will be tightly allocated for awhile as the dealership I visited will only get 6 units in next month. They just started showing the Rogue a few hours before I got there and they had already sold 2 of them.

And oh yeah.....by the time I left 2 hours later they had sold 3 :-) I went in with low expectations and ZERO plans on making a purchase but I was very pleasantly surprised with the vehicle and very pleasantly surprised with the package offered by the dealer. Of course it's contingent on my test drive so hopefully performance isn't disappointing.

If reviews are still scarce, I'll come back for a performance review once it arrives next month.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Well done!

Thanks for sharing your impressions, and congrats on the purchase (contingent upon test drive of course).

for test drive impression from another reviewer.. check out this thread. zerothread/271743

Please do keep us updated on your purchase and upcoming ownership. Any reviews and pictures would be most appreciated!

Oh and.. Welcome to the forums!

Return to “Rogue Forum”