My first 240sx vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
cole d
Car: 93 S13 conv

I spoke with Dr.Tweak today its going to take 7wks for the wiring harness which sucks. He was quick to tell me that for $150 he could do express service. Is he really that busy how long could it possibly take for someone with his expierence to cut and splice wires? I still need to buy some things like the water hoses, fuel lines and decide if I want a/c or not. I'll get the wiring harness shipped sometime this week.

Chris

wmdavis007
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L

Lookin' great! Can't wait to see more. Sucks that the harness is going to take 7 weeks. Keep us updated.

cole d

The update is it sucks $805 for a wiring harness. I'm trying to find a cheaper options eventually I'll pay it but that really bothers me. I just can't wrap my head around a wiring harness taking 7 weeks. Its not like this is a foreign swap or something. I called him before Christmas and his wait time was 8 weeks its pretty hard for me to believe in this economy any shop has that much work.

LingeringSuicide
Car: 1990 240SX hatchback 1993 240sx Vert

car-part.com is probably your best bet

S14-NEO
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx RB25 NEO powered

cole d wrote:
What the heck is a TB48DET?
well seems how nobody wanted inform you of this engine, I will. the TB48DE is the BALLER of all inline 6's offered from Nissan. Its found in mainly Nissan Patrols..if properly built they can pump out north of 1300whp. If I ever could afford to build one of those I would jump at the opportunity simply because they arent many over here in the US if any at all.Brian Crower even offers a stroker kit for it that puts it over 5.0 liters...WOW!!!

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

S14-NEO wrote:
well seems how nobody wanted inform you of this engine, I will. the TB48DE is the BALLER of all inline 6's offered from Nissan. Its found in mainly Nissan Patrols..if properly built they can pump out north of 1300whp. If I ever could afford to build one of those I would jump at the opportunity simply because they arent many over here in the US if any at all.Brian Crower even offers a stroker kit for it that puts it over 5.0 liters...WOW!!!
It's already 4.8... Only need a .20 bore to make it a 5.0

cole d

The project is at a stand still until I decide on who's going to do the wiring harness.The VVTI engine is super rare in the US there are more being imported now but being a pioneer so to speak is expensive. I still need to do some suspension work I haven't ordered any suspension parts other than skunk2 lowering springs. Body work coming soon Version Select sent me a sideskirt with damage so I'm waiting to see how that turns out.
Modified by cole d at 9:04 PM 1/6/2010

S14-NEO
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx RB25 NEO powered

PyR0NiAk wrote:
It's already 4.8... Only need a .20 bore to make it a 5.0
LMAO...boring is not even close to stroking my friend...and besides the stroker kit i was rferring to was 5.15 liter

cole d

Update I just mailed off the wiring harness to the guys at 2jzswap.com. At a cost of $550 for wiring modification. I still have to buy dakota boxes for speed and rpm. I wanted to use Dr. Tweak but it seemed to me like he was price gouging a bit. I'll compare the 2 below and you decide.

Dr. Tweak 2jzswap$550 $550 basic wiring harness conversion$100 $ included wiring for dakota boxes $150 - 8wk $ 0 4wks normal express wiring service

I was just put off with Dr Tweak 8wk backlog and his $150 express service seems scamish to me. The wiring harness should arrive Monday and hopefully they'll get it back to me in a timely matter

cole d

Update I got an awesome deal on Megan racing coilovers........Thanks Daniel. On to the pictures

Front Driver sideDriver side rear

Ihiryu
Car: S13 KA-T Vert

Project is coming along nicely!

Being that I've had a few harness done by both

Tech2 harness for a 2jz FD and 1jz S14

and plenty of 2j, 1j, to MKIII supra

I will say the Tech2 harness have been a pita, a lot of wires aren't done correctly, they don't follow OEM color wiring (so if you have a problem in the future good luck using factory wiring diagrams) they don't fix broken (hard to find) plugs. And customer support is definitely confusing. I've never gotten the dakota boxes to work, especially the speed sensor one (magnets on the driveshaft).

But for the price, it MIGHT be worth dealing with.

As far as the Tweak harness goes,

Plug n play, one wire to ground, and one to ignition switch.

Out of ALL the harnesses I've gotten from Tweak, I've never had ANY issue whatsoever. Yeah he does take a long time, but his harnesses always coming back looking OEM. He follows EVERY Wire as if it was factory all the colors matching up and everything.

The cost is high, and the cost of the plugs are high, but in the end it's worth it. So when I decide to pull my 1j out of the s14 and put it into the vert, that harness is going straight to Tweak.

I'll pay that extra hundred bucks (screw that express priority though) for a PERFECT harness.

I'm not giving my money to tech2 anymore, their stuff is horrible, customer support is even worse, especially with their shifter extension, I ended up buying one from boost logic which worked 100%, unlike the Tech2 one where I got a new one, and still had to cut, weld, and dremel for a piece that was supposed to work, and even after all that modification, still had an issue with 5th and reverse, but the boost logic one worked, perfect.

/end rant

Anyway, how are those zerolift mounts working? I'm wondering if my driveshaft from my s14 with 1j will work. Considering the driveshaft I got from tech2 is also too short, it's only got 1/2" of splines in the transmission, even after making a short spacer on the diff.

/end rant 2

cole d

Who did your harness at Tech2 ? I sent my harness to Tech2 waited 6 weeks and they did absolutely nothing I got pissed and requested my harness and money back. They charged me $75 for an assessment fee and was unwilling to work with me to send the harness to another shop. Sean a previous employee from Tech2 has his own website now myjzswap.com I contacted him and he is doing the harness for me I hope its right I'm tired of waiting. In the end I guess going with Tweak would have saved me some fustration having to deal with the A-hole at Tech2, Carlos. When I called Tweak he just rubbed me the wrong way with $150 rush delivery but it still takes 2 weeks nonsense. The engine mounts seem to be okay but I'm still waiting on the harness. The engine is out of the car while the engine bay gets painted. I'm really fustrated with the whole project once I get the wiring harness done and over with I'll be somewhat happy again.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I like that the toyota motors have opposite intake and exhaust sides so BMC does have to deal with all the heat like on the oem USDM setup.

cole d

My bad for not keeping you guys updated on my progress been really busy with work................I copied and pasted this from Dallas imports.

Finally an update I tapped out on the body kit and turned it over to a professional body man here are the pictures. Which turned out to be a terrible idea, he fitted everything and bitched about blowing it apart for Intercooler fitment. This is a Select Version type VI kit and it fit terrible but he managed to get everything to bolt up. This kit is going to need a ton of work for it to not look wavy plus I have to reinforce all of the mount points on the kit with fiberglass to help with cracking. The car is currently getting the engine bay painted I chose a different color other than black....time will time if that was a mistake or not

Looks crocked on the lift but trust me its not

The motor is in I have not started it yet I still have a ton of work to do.
1. battery cables
2. power cable for starter
3. I need to buy the proper fittings to make the jz ps pump work with the s13 stuff
4. I need to figure out the speedometer cable.......Sean I need a little help here
5. I have to get a small pipe bender to modify the fuel lines
6. downpipe fabricated and get a proper 3in exhaust
7. electric fan
The goal for me is to hear it run soon.........

[/quote]

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

pretty

cole d

This car is officially for sale. I have to deploy to Afghanistan in a couple weeks so I'm basically giving this car away $3500 firm no lowballing, no trades $3500 cash. The car does run and drive but needs a higher amperage alternator due to spal fans pulling 50 amps. The car runs fine but I would bring a trailer or tow dolly for any long distance driving. Here's what included

1jz/vvti swap
r154 trans w/ stg 4 Competition clutch and flywheel (less 100 miles)
megan coilovers
Version Select type VI bodykit(front and rear bumper pulled for easier towing)
digital climate control w/ sensor(not installed)
digital cluster(not installed)
new top with tinted rear window(not installed)
s14 5 lug hubs front and rear (can get the spindles for $100)
dyed the stock carpet black

That is everything I can think of. The reason for this sale is I don't have the time for this anymore and would really like to see this car go to someone who can finish it. The car runs fine and you will not be disappointed. $3500 buys it.

Miss240sex
Car: 1992 Vert

that sucks you've done so much! =[

cole d

Car didn't sell so I'm going forward with this project. Currently in Afghanistan but I'm buying parts during my time here already picked up some

s2000 seats and this

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”