My car was backed into...thoughts?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Ilya wrote:Ahh okay. I guess if I buy my stuff from a reputable source if I go with the sport route then I can just return any unused parts. Cause stuff like the rubber at the top (where the hood meets the bumper) might be reusable from my old bumper and costs $65 lol. Stuff like that could add up.
My guess is my old non-sport bumper's parts needed to connect the sport bumper matched. I don't think the seller provided any additional parts except the mesh that covers the lower grill area. FYI, the bezel and mesh that cover the fog lights aren't cheap!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yeah, the more I think about it and the less the guy who has the bumper responds to me (he's not really willing to ship so I need to rope in family who lives in his area to help me get the item to NY), the more and more I'm likely just going to have them fix and respray my entire front bumper and call it a day.

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

Sorry to hear about your car. Just found a set of brand new Midnight grille for $105 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLEARANCE-2011- ... HI&vxp=mtr

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yep, that's the one I got. I've gotten little to no response from the NICO member who had the sport bumper (he still has it but still not willing to really ship it) so I'm just going to stick with what I got and get everything fixed up. So I'll be dropping the car off sometime during the week after New Years and they'll get at it. Gonna be lookin purdy as all my exterior blemishes (at least the ones I can see/know of) will be fixed.

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Here's a link to the seller's page that I bought mine from. If you're still considering buying one, you may want to reach out to them to see if they have white bumpers that aren't listed:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bumpers/33640/m ... kautoparts

Ilya

Big_Tone wrote:Here's a link to the seller's page that I bought mine from. If you're still considering buying one, you may want to reach out to them to see if they have white bumpers that aren't listed:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bumpers/33640/m ... kautoparts
Too expensive. $300 + $175 shipping. Plus all the other stuff I'd need.

I decided to go with a local guy who will repaint the entire front bumper (evidently dealer already painted it when they took it back from lessee), back bumper, and blend both front fenders (have one tiny rust spot from a rock chip on both). The hood also has a paint chip that may turn into rust in a couple of years but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Getting all of that work for $1,000 and other party gave me $500. Hopefully this guy is good... :ohno:. Drop the car off on Monday.

I decided to go this route as I also have some wedding expenses that came up that I need to take care of...so I can't throw $1k of my own money at this at the moment. My car looks good even without the sport bumper so I'll just keep rockin it :). I will end up having to redo the EZ-Lip installation and might do the side sills this time as well.

wilpark
Car: 2012 M37X

My wife rear ended a guy going about 5 mph. Car was an SUV so the high bumper hit the grille. Impact cracked my grille, bumper and everything that holds it together. Possible cracked headlamps. Cost after taxes is over $4500.00. Infiniti's are pricey to fix.

Ilya

wilpark wrote:My wife rear ended a guy going about 5 mph. Car was an SUV so the high bumper hit the grille. Impact cracked my grille, bumper and everything that holds it together. Possible cracked headlamps. Cost after taxes is over $4500.00. Infiniti's are pricey to fix.
Doesn't sound much different from mine other than the headlamps (mine were fine)...so not sure yours is so much more. My final bill is going to be $1,100 cause I'm also having him sand and re-clear my headlights for $50/ea.

I should have the car back on Thursday and will post some before/after shots.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

One Headlight assembly retails for $1500, so I'm not shocked they quoted $4k plus.

wilpark
Car: 2012 M37X

I went through my insurance. thought about paying out of pocket but not at over 4k. They replaced only one lamp and it was a used part. Not exactly sure why it was so much bit they have it itemized. i didnt look at that closely because insurance was picking it up. Funny thing about the accident was a few days before my wife scrapped the underside of the front bumper on a very high curb. Was annoyed but didnt want to put money into fixing it. I thought to myself "I'll just wait for a bigger acdcident and get it taken care of then. " A few days later request granted. Be careful what you wish for. LOL

Ilya

wilpark wrote:I went through my insurance. thought about paying out of pocket but not at over 4k. They replaced only one lamp and it was a used part. Not exactly sure why it was so much bit they have it itemized. i didnt look at that closely because insurance was picking it up. Funny thing about the accident was a few days before my wife scrapped the underside of the front bumper on a very high curb. Was annoyed but didnt want to put money into fixing it. I thought to myself "I'll just wait for a bigger acdcident and get it taken care of then. " A few days later request granted. Be careful what you wish for. LOL
Ahh, yeah, insurance will result in that. If you went private it probably would have been $2k, etc.

Ilya

Got the car back last night. It's not peeeerrrrffect, but it's pretty damn close. Hard to match a paint that has been getting sunbaked for 6 years. I thought it came out pretty well. Guy still needs to buff the car and wax it and told me to come back after winter is done to do that...I needed the car this AM for my alignment appointment at the dealer ($143!!!!) so he had to get it out to me sooner than he'd have liked.

Things done:
  • Painted entire front bumper, he even fixed the cover the tow hook or whatever as that was slightly dented from other rock chips
  • Painted entire rear bumper, I'm finally rid of the black soot that was caked on from all this horsepower :rotflmao
  • Painted the fronts of both front fenders as I had a rock chip causing a tiny spec of rust on both sides, in the same spot lol...wanted to get ahead of it before it really started to rust
  • Sanded, buffed and re-cleared my headlights
  • Installed the midnight grille for me, man that thing looks WAY better than the OEM chrome one
Told me I could come back in the spring for a buff and wax and he has paint left over so he'll fix up some more chips on my hood.

Before:

After:

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

Looks great, I love the grille. Just needs a bit of Brasso for those exhaust tips :dblthumb:

Ilya

Hah yeah...summer project lol.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”