My 77 620 Pickup

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
joelyjoeljumpin

So after about 6 months of trying to pickup my neighbors old datsun work truck . I finally have picked it up . $250.00 cash sounded like a great deal . Flushed the fluids drained the gas tank changed some fuel lines and fuel filter fired it up drove around the block . I then proceed to tune it up fix some frayed wiring , new starter , battery . Won't start no spark I tear my hair out going through all the wiring double checking everything I did . Meanwhile go to the DMV to change the title and register the truck . It hadn't been paid since '03 with penalties it came out to $470.00 . Plus its one year from being smog exempt which the lady at DMV declared after her amazement of changing the title on a 77 datsun . Changed Reluctor , pickup , contacter , transistor , coil , ignition switch , battery terminals . Adjusted the timing checked the gaps fires right up now . $1200.00 for a 4 cylinder truck with little body damage or rust 100,000 miles shifts fine just needs a muffler cause it likes to backfire between gears . Figuring out how that distubutor works and how to adjust it was the hardest part .

Next will be cranking down those torsion bars , lowering blocks , painted steel wheels , white trash whitewalls , flat black paint and some more miles on the odometer .

djmoreron

good luck with your truck.  any pics? its a long story with mine, but i just found out that my truck is registered to a dead guy.  the dmv wont let me register it w/o getting a signature from someone who can release liability of interest (son, daughter etc), and they all live in hawaii.....:shock:

Pac. coast Datsun

[user=312]djmoreron[/user] wrote:I was wondering if you were ever able to get a title for your 620? I had/have a similar problem with my 65 320. The person it was registered to cant be found & like you i need a signature to release liability. I have a bill of sale from th eperson i bought it from [they r related to the person who cant be found] but i need that damm signature. I may go back & file a lost title form & see what they say, honestly if i cant find this person why should i have to wait for a title. May work for you also.  [quote]good luck with your truck.  any pics? its a long story with mine, but i just found out that my truck is registered to a dead guy.  the dmv wont let me register it w/o getting a signature from someone who can release liability of interest (son, daughter etc), and they all live in hawaii.....:shock:[/quote]

Victor Laury

[user=312]djmoreron[/user] wrote: [quote]good luck with your truck.  any pics? its a long story with mine, but i just found out that my truck is registered to a dead guy.  the dmv wont let me register it w/o getting a signature from someone who can release liability of interest (son, daughter etc), and they all live in hawaii.....:shock:[/quote]
I had the same issue with a 77 510 (A10, Stanza, Violet) I bought in the early 90's I bought it at an estate sale, but not all the interested parties signed the bill of sale. What I had to do was send a registered letter, with return service, to the Previous owners executor, which also was in Hawaii. When it came back to me i DID NOT OPEN IT!!! I took it to the DMV and let them open it and see that I did a full attempt to obtain the proper bill of sale. That was enough for them.

djmoreron

interesting to know.  i didnt know i had that option. DMV certainly didnt mention it. i'll look more into it and give it a shot.  thanks!

Return to “Datsun 620”