My 2jzsx Project!!

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

badass! Good to see its running!

What did you think of the products you got from Tech2 (Swap kit,Radiator,Hoses,etc)

Can't wait to see a video of the car!

TotalDPerformance
Car: 92 240sx

Tech2...ummm products ok. would I buy from them again, depends if they will work out my existing problem or not and so far it doesnt look to good.

Yea I get home late and have old peps by me that dont like me... ill try and get somethhing up saturday or sunday for you guys.

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

What kind of existing problems? I'm doing hte swap over winter and just making sure i do it right.
TotalDPerformance wrote:Tech2...ummm products ok. would I buy from them again, depends if they will work out my existing problem or not and so far it doesnt look to good.

Yea I get home late and have old peps by me that dont like me... ill try and get somethhing up saturday or sunday for you guys.

hinds90
Car: 89 240 sx

TotalDPerformance wrote:Tech2...ummm products ok. would I buy from them again, depends if they will work out my existing problem or not and so far it doesnt look to good.

Where waiting!!!!

TotalDPerformance

Sorry guys haha on the video.

Tech2 no longer gets any business from me...wiring harness not worth a crap, mounts dont line up perfect but its not completely horrible, sold me a motor (i know its not new) with trashed coilpacks, cranck sensor out of wack, tranny without slave when was told it was coming with one(taken care of now) there is more but Im sure yall get the pic. I stayed quite for a long time trying to go thru them first. I worked thru all this stuff and asked a simple question. I spent over 10k with them and thru everything I had to come out of pocket to fix thier mistakes(i didnt want a full refund on the stuff I bought). They had 800 bucks of mine setting there chilling till i decided to get coilovers, I asked could you guys pick up the difference which was 250, thats all I asked and everything would have been clean slated. Drew tells me he doesnt see that as a problem. Carlos then says Im sorry for the inconvience but we can help you. They was gonna give it to me for 1128 but, why spend another extra hundred when I can get em cheaper here or zilvia. So no longer will I do business with Tech2.

here is a little teaser

Ill get the video up asap.

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

TotalDPerformance wrote:Sorry guys haha on the video.

Tech2 no longer gets any business from me...wiring harness not worth a crap, mounts dont line up perfect but its not completely horrible, sold me a motor (i know its not new) with trashed coilpacks, cranck sensor out of wack, tranny without slave when was told it was coming with one(taken care of now) there is more but Im sure yall get the pic. I stayed quite for a long time trying to go thru them first. I worked thru all this stuff and asked a simple question. I spent over 10k with them and thru everything I had to come out of pocket to fix thier mistakes(i didnt want a full refund on the stuff I bought). They had 800 bucks of mine setting there chilling till i decided to get coilovers, I asked could you guys pick up the difference which was 250, thats all I asked and everything would have been clean slated. Drew tells me he doesnt see that as a problem. Carlos then says Im sorry for the inconvience but we can help you. They was gonna give it to me for 1128 but, why spend another extra hundred when I can get em cheaper here or zilvia. So no longer will I do business with Tech2.

here is a little teaser

Ill get the video up asap.
Wow man, that sucks too hear

hinds90

Thanks I was actually thinking of doing buisness with them not the mount kit but small thing and now I want. I'll just go to driftmotion.com they have a lot of 1jz parts for decent prices.

This isn't the first time i'ved heard of someone having problems with them either.
Modified by hinds90 at 1:31 PM 7/24/2008

TotalDPerformance

Yea I hope they will make up for it with new customers but Im not doing anything with them again. If you guys have any questions Ill be glad to answer. I know there is always two sides, thing is I dont mind telln the truth so both sides are told at one time. If its a good company I let people know and if they screw me well im going to let people know that as well.
Modified by TotalDPerformance at 10:44 PM 7/23/2008

RCA

That sucks for Tech2So far my count is 4 negative and 2 positive feedbacks.

I hope all goes well though.What is the specs on that bad boy...^^^^

TotalDPerformance

Turbo is a s374 with 1.10 a/r with race cover. Which is good for another 100 or so hp over the standard cover.

hinds90

How much whp are you shooting for. Alittle over 400whp will put a smile on my face for 2 yrs (hopefully).

hinds90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfyte6CY8c THis is what keeps me going. You always say your going to do a certain swap but when you get the money in your hand you change your mind but every single time I watch this video I know what I want to do. Just sounds amazing.

TotalDPerformance

Well with stock turbo 350ish just to drive around until the rest of the kit gets here. Then 750ish should be where I'm at when done. Probably could make alittle more but I think I'll be fine there.

Yea man it can get like that, it happens to me as well still haha.

I see your in Jackson, I do my military training in Grenada. I'll be coming thru there the 7th or so of august. Hopefully with my car of course.

hinds90

Actually i'm in Fort Hood, TX and just joined the Army. Swore in Tuesday. I'm shipping off next Thursday to Benning.

I am from Jackson though just came to TX so my brother could help me drop weight to join the Army only been here about 2 months.

Thats why my build want start until November after I graduate OSUT.

After I get out of basic i'd still like check it out if you don't mind. I get 2 weeks of leave.

TotalDPerformance

Here are some new pics of parts that came in and the motor gettn a little cleaned up.

Enjoy, Ill get some more up soon as parts arrive.

RCA

Hmm if my math is correct...If you car is driven with out a filter while the hood is off...Your engine has the potential to suck a small quail maybe a fully grown piegon... GOOD WORK!

LOL isnt it nice to finaly see your car smileing.

Why did you opt to weld the BOV stright to the piping...Why not weld a flange?

TotalDPerformance

rcabrita wrote:Hmm if my math is correct...If you car is driven with out a filter while the hood is off...Your engine has the potential to suck a small quail maybe a fully grown piegon... GOOD WORK!

LOL isnt it nice to finaly see your car smileing.

Why did you opt to weld the BOV stright to the piping...Why not weld a flange?
Hahaha I was thinking some geese. .

Look carefully at the 4th pic. Its the flange thats welded, just the design of the bov. I ran it on my evo when I had it and loved so now i have two for this car. The other is located in the passeger grill. the other side houses the power steering cooler.

RCA

Updates??

Did you murder any small animals yet?

Kalypso

wurd

SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

nice swap, keep us posted

silvia_ks_69
Car: 1990 Nissota Silpra
2017 Porsche Macan GTS

updates? im curious to see how your single kit worked out for u/cleanded up the bay. i did finally figure out that stupid sway bar thing, it was so simple omg. tech2 just forgot to put the spacers in the kit lol.

xX-NISSAN77-Xx

updates....wanna see more of this beast!!

TotalDPerformance

Sorry guys for the lack of updates. As the car sits right now. The Harness is being taken out. Dr. Tweak really screwed it up. As for the turbo kit, nice paperweight right now. I'm waiting on my fuel system and everything will go in.

Manifold with twin turbosmart 38mm W/G

Well hung hahaha . 5.5" intake.

Thats all as of right now for what going on with the car. I just put in another transmisson in becasue, the one I recieved was messed up and I didn't have 1st/2nd gear. The car does run poor right now due to running very rich. When I try to accelerate it just dumps black smoke and then starts backfiring/popping. If I can get that figured out l'll be good to go. I'll keep you guys updated with anything new.

I've been real busy and have had to put my project on the back burner. Well just gettn other cars done. We have a 260z with a sr20, s13 coupe with sr20, s14 with sr20 all being done so I got to get them taken care of.

I havent been on the site either but I'm back now. Hopefully I'll have something soon for you guys to enjoy.

Jeremiah
Modified by TotalDPerformance at 11:58 PM 1/16/2009

#1 Stunna

TotalDPerformance wrote:The Harness is being taken out. Dr. Tweak really screwed it up. Modified by TotalDPerformance at 11:58 PM 1/16/2009
Do you mind me asking how he messed up your harness? Reason I ask is because I was planning on going with him for my harness as well.

Thanks,

TotalDPerformance

Dude just send your harness to Sean he's right there in Redding, Cali. Alot less hassel, then trying to send to Georgia.

Alternator is wired to where it drains the battery instead of charges it. MIL light isn't hooked up so I dont have any way of finding out what my codes are. Im sure I could find a way but, I want my swap to be where I dont have to go around looking for stuff. It looks poorly done honestly, especially for $450. Water temp doesnt work either. Just more stuff I'd rather not deal with for what I payed.

Also I'm just getting it looked over for any other problems that could exist. I want plug and play, that what I payed for and that's not what I got.
Modified by TotalDPerformance at 3:59 PM 1/25/2009

TotalDPerformance

So, Finally getting around to show some progress of whats going on with my baby. Started taking the stock twins off, Major PITA with motor in car.

After some blood, sweat, and using profane language lol. I was able to finally get them out.

I recommend just going single so you dont have to deal with this headache ever.

TotalDPerformance

A nice package from Fedex came in. Im glad to have got this in before my harness gets back to me.

So I started to get a couple things out the way and get as far as I could until I can get my hanger setup made.

Removal of stock fuel system

Fuel rail and lines ran

working on hanger setup

TotalDPerformance

Started working on motor mount leg, for some clearence for my manifold. Bottom of the manifold was hitting so we decided to see if we couldnt make something work.

another angle

Now the mani fits like a glove woot.

Now time to start playing with my little snail.

Comparison between my friends greddy turbo and mine.

Downpipe clearence

So thats where everything stands as of right now. Ill get some more pics of other stuff that Ive done in the past day or so. But it is coming along petty well

TotalDPerformance

Stopped by the shop today to get a couple of pics to share. Its gaining a small amount of momentum so hopefully soon shell be ready to rock and roll.

here is some of the fuel system ran need IM so i can mount the FPR

Here is the lower I/c pipe being setup for the final placement. The big gapping hole will be fixed. Someone decided to cut a nice size hole there not going to mention names

And the intake for the turbo being put on to see how fitment is as well.

So far I am glad of the progress, now I am waiting on some more parts to arrive. They need to come on haha.

mexicanracer03
Car: 95 S15FRONTEND SR20DET and 97 2JZ GT4294/ 93 SC300 Black/ 95 SC300 Green

what the Dude I didn't know you where also in this forum...... I also saw rene's and said the same thing. btw this is Carlos aka Carlitos hahah

Return to “Hybrids”