My 2jzsx Project!!

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
redtopsdrop
Car: 99 q45

i live in beaumont (hour out of houston, and 45min. away from lake charles)

TotalDPerformance
Car: 92 240sx

Yea I know about where your at then.

Four days and counting till I go pick my car up yay. Should have some good updates next week after I get back to Colorado. Stay tuned or atleast dont venture to far off heheh.

hinds90
Car: 89 240 sx

Bump for update !!!!

TotalDPerformance

Well finally made back to colorado with the car, started working it as soon as I got in the garage.

Updates:Put new crossmember inGetting small small wiring projects finishedReplacing seals on motor before install.

Nothing really big as of now but progress is moving forward. Late May for finished project..Ill get some pics of the major things that are done or while they are being done.

Right now I'm just happy I'm finally getting to be able to get some stuff done.

I'll be gone this Thursday till the 12th of May for Pre-selection for military training for 20th SFG.

But look for some nice updates after the 12th.

Any question I'll be glad to answer any question you guys may have, and I'm sure I'll have my own questions for you guys.

Thanks

redtopsdrop
Car: 99 q45

badass. good luck with the progress

TotalDPerformance

Well today finally got to do a little something. Replaced front and rear mains, cam seals, did some wiring tid bits, just little stuff for extra caution. Nothing picture worthy yet guys but its a forward moving progress. Ill try and update as much as possible.

TotalDPerformance

Well motor is ready to go in but, Now I need a stupid C clip for the tranny and thats the only thing holding me back right now. Yesterday and today thats about all I workd on was the motor gettn it back together. Ill get some pics up soon though guys.

TotalDPerformance

Heres the valve cover, we just recently finished.. just doing some small stuff till I get the C clip.

TotalDPerformance

Clip for pressure plate arrived today yay..now to start moving forward again. That was the only thing holding me back at the moment. I'm sure there is something else lurking around the corner to surprise me.

540sx
Car: 240SX

will that intercooler fit behind bumper?I got the 24x12x3 because I did not think that size would fit.hope it does.

TotalDPerformance

Ill have to do a little cutting to fit it. Other than that it should be fine.

Oh by the way guys...THE MOTOR IS IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill get some pics up shortly to show where im at so far with progress.

TotalDPerformance

Hereare a couple of pics of motor going in and the motor in the car. Still have some work to do but nothing keeping from getting to drive it when everything is in. Such as a nice 74mm single setup, extra fuel and cams.

RCA

^ That looks so pretty...Cramped but pretty. If you plan on going single and all why not work on the engine outside the car first?

Keep updates comming!
TotalDPerformance wrote:Driveshaft:I'll wake up tomorrow to start playing with everything...
DID YOU EVER GET TO PLAY WITH YOUR SHAFT? ITS HUGE BTW
TotalDPerformance wrote:Trans:
- What type of R154? Supra 7mgte, Supra 1jzgte, Soarer 1jzgte ?

- If it isn't from a Soarer or Chaser ect, did it come with the extention? Or was this also a Tech2 product?
TotalDPerformance wrote:also looking for some rims suggestions.... want either a black with polished lip or bronze/gold with lip, staggered 17's maybe 18s if they look ok. any help will be appreciated.
Look into: SSR Professors Work VS-XXVolk SF-ChallengeAny thing BBS
TotalDPerformance wrote:Well today finally got to do a little something. Replaced front and rear mains, cam seals, did some wiring tid bits, just little stuff for extra caution. Nothing picture worthy
Not possible. The more pictures the better. We like shiney things here @ NICO so if you are having douts, just post a picture
TotalDPerformance wrote:Heres the valve cover, we just recently finished.. just doing some small stuff till I get the C clip.
That C-clip was for the "rubber bushing that sits on the flywheel" right?If you don't use the C-Clip what happens?

Also sick valve cover! For some reason it reminds me of E-Honda from Street Fighter

TotalDPerformance

rcabrita wrote:^ That looks so pretty...Cramped but pretty. If you plan on going single and all why not work on the engine outside the car first?

Keep updates comming!
Just to drive it alittle while waiting for the kit, fuel and cams to come in. Im trying my hardest on that. starting my day at 330am and getting home at 8pm I have little to no time to do anything except on sundays.
rcabrita wrote:DID YOU EVER GET TO PLAY WITH YOUR SHAFT? ITS HUGE BTW
Haha yea every chance I get when the gurl isnt hahah, right now she has it it in her and she not given it back till I do the q45 swap....LOL
rcabrita wrote:- What type of R154? Supra 7mgte, Supra 1jzgte, Soarer 1jzgte ?

- If it isn't from a Soarer or Chaser ect, did it come with the extention? Or was this also a Tech2 product?
R154 from 7mgte, 1jz bellhousing and Tech2 extention.
rcabrita wrote:Look into: SSR Professors Work VS-XXVolk SF-ChallengeAny thing BBS
Koo thanks bro....Ive been looking around for a good bit just nothing saying buy me now....Ill look at those though.
rcabrita wrote:Not possible. The more pictures the better. We like shiney things here @ NICO so if you are having douts, just post a picture
I hear ya, well Ill see what i can get and post some stuff up to keep things intresting.
rcabrita wrote:That C-clip was for the "rubber bushing that sits on the flywheel" right?If you don't use the C-Clip what happens?

Also sick valve cover! For some reason it reminds me of E-Honda from Street Fighter
Doesnt allow the clutch assymbly to engage correctly.

Thanks it took a good bit of time to do, ill probably have it powder coated later on. Just wanted to see how it would come out with a rattle can.

Thanks for the suggestions and intrest in the project.

Jeremiah

RCA

FTW!

No problem, I am interested because I want to do the same swap

TotalDPerformance

haha funny pic. ehonda!!!!! hahah

RCA

TotalDPerformance

since im gettn old, ugly and annoying I decided just work on my car for the 4th of july weekend. So hopefully by weeksend I'll have some great updates to share with you guys... Happy 4th everyone.

RCA

Since I am getting old, ugly and annoying I decided to sit in front of my PC and wait for these updates...

TotalDPerformance

haha...well after a days work, Im at a point I can try and start the car. Still have other stuff to do such as Ic and piping, Power steering cooler, and other tid bits but, since its map based I dont need it to start the car. Also I need to clean up the engine bay to make it some what presentable to you guys. maybe Ill have some footage of start up shortly and some more pics.

I posted in the other thread about the swaybar clearence with Tech2 spacers.

silvia_ks_69
Car: 1990 Nissota Silpra
2017 Porsche Macan GTS

yeah i saw that. looks like it would be just as easy to fab some up as to order them and wait. im worried that the engine is gunna sit to high tho if i put nemore stuff in there. im trying the CA stock mounts so hopefully it will come down a little.

RCA

^ Hey Silvia I don't think your engine is sitting high. The sway spacer issue only occurs because the engine sits too low.

TotalDPerformance

Correct the spacers have nothing to do with the height of the motor...it just lowers the sway bar so that its not on the oil pan.

silvia_ks_69
Car: 1990 Nissota Silpra
2017 Porsche Macan GTS

yeah i kno that part...hmm it didnt come out right. like right now then engine is angled in the front and sitting way to high. but its sitting oil pan on sway bar as of right now. so i kno thats wut the problem is i just have to figure out a way to fix it. cuz as soon as its off there it will be a more than an inch lower. i dont kno if this makes sense or not..but ya

TotalDPerformance

do you have a front sump oil pan? oil pan shouldnt be sitting on swaybar..also the spacers are needed regardless so that your sway is not hitting the oil pan, when it is sitting in the right spot.

TotalDPerformance

well dang crank sensor no good, another weekend

TotalDPerformance

ITS ALLLLIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by TotalDPerformance at 8:07 PM 7/13/2008

hinds90
Car: 89 240 sx

Good deal!!! Anyway we could get a vid?

TotalDPerformance

Ill get one posted asap.. i get home around 9pm and have really old neighbors hahaha.. they dont like me already. plus no exhaust yet hahaha.

TotalDPerformance

Ill get one posted asap.. i get home around 9pm and have really old neighbors hahaha.. they dont like me already. plus no exhaust yet hahaha.

Return to “Hybrids”