Murano Price Paid / Lease Rate Thread

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
maxxmd

Yes it is an AWD model price and no the price is before ttl.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

maxxmd wrote:Yes it is an AWD model price and no the price is before ttl.
That is an excellent price!

nismu
Car: Murano SL

hi!I got a Murano SL AWD with premium and leather package and splash guards for $31,383 sale price was 33,645. got 4500 on my 01 pathfinder with 121000 miles.I guess I could have done better than 31,383. what do you think!!

Timmbo

nismu wrote:hi!I got a Murano SL AWD with premium and leather package and splash guards for $31,383 sale price was 33,645. got 4500 on my 01 pathfinder with 121000 miles.I guess I could have done better than 31,383. what do you think!!
Welcome to the Murano Forum! Happy Holidays from NICOclub!

You might have been able to do just a little better, but probably not a lot. Any way you look at it you will love your new ride!

silverMO
Car: '09 Nissan Murano SL AWD

2009 Murano SL AWD- Exterior - Brilliant Silver- Interior - Black Leather- Options - Tech, Premium, and Leather Package, Floor Mats, Splash Guards- MSRP - $35,575- Purchase price paid - $30,090- lease amount due at signing - $0 (but had to pay first payment of $465)- monthly payment - $465- contracted miles per year - 12,000- term of the lease - 39 months- Extras - First oil change free.

Timmbo

silverMO wrote: 2009 Murano SL AWD- Exterior - Brilliant Silver- Interior - Black Leather- Options - Tech, Premium, and Leather Package, Floor Mats, Splash Guards- MSRP - $35,575- Purchase price paid - $30,090- lease amount due at signing - $0 (but had to pay first payment of $465)- monthly payment - $465- contracted miles per year - 12,000- term of the lease - 39 months- Extras - First oil change free.
Happy New Year, welcome to NICOclub! Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum! Sounds like you got a sweet lease deal on the new Murano, nice work!

kendokuma

Hi all,

We are picking up our first Murano in a few days for $31,419 and I had a question about MSRP. We are getting an SL-AWD, Prem, Tech, Leather, Moonroof, Spalsh Guard, Floor mats with an Edmunds MSRP of $37,525 (this includes the 780 destination fee). The dealer is using an MSRP of $36,595 to calculate the lease payment. The lower MSRP will actually increase my monthly lease payments and I suspect that the dealer will report the car sold using the higher MSRP to bump up their profits. Reading this thread it looks like the MSRPs did change in 2008, does anyone have any information on when they changed and what they were prior to the current MSRP?

Many thanks for your help.

Kendokuma
Timmbo wrote:First off, I would like to personally welcome the both of you to NICOclub! I am thrilled to introduce you to the Murano Forum! I hope you both enjoy the forum.

maxxmd , that is a very aggressive deal! Sounds like the same model I have. I purchased back in June when the MSRP was just a little less, but there were no incentives at all. You can probably get at least another $500 off, maybe even $1000.

DC44 , if you are checking out a Murano LE that is totally loaded, check out the deal maxxmd is looking at, that is what you should be able to do, and possibly just a bit more off yet. You have to remember the '09 Murano is all new, and is selling rather well for Nissan (all things considered).

Good luck to both of you, and please keep everyone abreast as to what you end up doing!

Timmbo

kendokuma wrote:Hi all,

We are picking up our first Murano in a few days for $31,419 and I had a question about MSRP. We are getting an SL-AWD, Prem, Tech, Leather, Moonroof, Spalsh Guard, Floor mats with an Edmunds MSRP of $37,525 (this includes the 780 destination fee). The dealer is using an MSRP of $36,595 to calculate the lease payment. The lower MSRP will actually increase my monthly lease payments and I suspect that the dealer will report the car sold using the higher MSRP to bump up their profits. Reading this thread it looks like the MSRPs did change in 2008, does anyone have any information on when they changed and what they were prior to the current MSRP?

Many thanks for your help.

Kendokuma
Happy New Year from NICOclub! Greetings from the Murano Forum, glad to have you here. Congrats on the prospective purchase, you will love the new Murano!

The price increase took place 11/18/08. I believe it was either a $500 or $750 increase. All models that were complete on or after this date would reflect the price increase.......keep in mind though that dealer can still have models on their lots that have the previous MSRP. I hope this helps and good luck on the new purchase!

steffpnl
Car: 2009 Murano SL AWD

Hello. I just purchased the following:

2009 Murano SL AWD- Exterior - Merlot- Interior - Tan Leather- Options - Tech, Premium, and Leather Packages, Floor Mats, Splash Guards, moon roof- MSRP - $36,715- Purchase price paid - $30,857 (without TTL and trade)- Walk out the door trade in and TTL - $26,524- Financed at 0% for 36 months

This was an internet deal and as much as I tried, I could not get them to budge off this number. Trade in for my 2002 Maxima GLE was a royal pain as they tried to low ball me to make up for the low price for the new car.

I pick my new ride on Monday, 1/5 and I hope I am as happy as all other new owners!

Happy New Year from just outside St. Louis!

BoneMeisterGeneral

Happy New Year All!

I have to start by saying that this is a cool forum/thread and I wish I had found it before I purchased my new Murano. Here's what I got:

2009 Murano SL AWD- Exterior Color - Platinum Graphite- Interior Color - Black Leather- Packages and Options -- Splash Guards-- Dual Panel Moon roof-- Premium Package-- Technology Package-- Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with Music Box-- Leather Package-- Floor Mats

- MSRP with Dest - $39,375- Price paid - $33,897 (ttl extra)

- Extras - First oil change free + 3 additional oil changes on the house

I got the dealer to knock off additional $$ and throw in the 3 oil changes b/c the car had 100 miles on it already (not a demo or so I'm hoping) and it had a small scratch on the rear bumper which they will fix later (have that in writing so they can't go back on their word!)

DC44

I bought my Murano LE on New Year's Eve, right before the dealership closed. I ended up paying about $2,800 under invoice for a 2009 Murano LE, deep sapphire with beige leather interior, and sunroof. It cost me $34,500 out the door. I bought it from Nissan of Chantilly, in Chantilly, VA. They were good to work with and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a Nissan in the DC metro area.

Timmbo

BoneMeisterGeneral wrote:Happy New Year All!

I have to start by saying that this is a cool forum/thread and I wish I had found it before I purchased my new Murano. Here's what I got:

2009 Murano SL AWD- Exterior Color - Platinum Graphite- Interior Color - Black Leather- Packages and Options -- Splash Guards-- Dual Panel Moon roof-- Premium Package-- Technology Package-- Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with Music Box-- Leather Package-- Floor Mats

- MSRP with Dest - $39,375- Price paid - $33,897 (ttl extra)

- Extras - First oil change free + 3 additional oil changes on the house

I got the dealer to knock off additional $$ and throw in the 3 oil changes b/c the car had 100 miles on it already (not a demo or so I'm hoping) and it had a small scratch on the rear bumper which they will fix later (have that in writing so they can't go back on their word!)
Happy New Year from NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum! You are right, you got an amazing deal on your Murano! I am confident that the dealer truly did not have any more room to work on the price! Nice negotiating and congrats on the new ride!

maxxmd

DC44, that sounds like a good deal, do you mind sharing more details such as msrp on that car, inv, pkgs you got. Thanks!

DC44

Maxx,

I bought the LE which comes loaded with features, including the 20-inch wheels, heated seats, memory seat/mirror/steering wheel, auto liftgate, reverse camera, Bose super sound system, iPod link, Bluetooth for phone, and auto-return for the rear seats. I did NOT get the navigation or DVD player. The MSRP of my car, with the sunroof, is about $38,700. The dealer also gave me free carwashes for life, free inspections for life, and $1.95 oil changes once every few months. I hope this is helpful.

DC

maxxmd

it does help thanks for the info and congrats on the new ride

chspanther
Car: 2007 maxima

you did real good, my msrp was 38,355.00 LE without nav, or dvd. my price was the same as yours 35,400.00. is yours an LE? we really like the 20 in wheels on the LE. hope you enjoy your murano as much as ours, we have had ours since feb. 08.

DC44

Actually, I paid $34,500, not $35,400. I also like the 20 inch wheels, and also the xenon headlights. They REALLY brighten the road ahead. Very happy with my purchase so far.

Timmbo

I must say I agree. The 20's on the Murano LE are probably the sweetest stock rims I have seen on a regular production vehicle. That is one of the things I really love about mine.

hollisterohio

I am ready to settle in on a Murano and after many back and forths with several dealers the best deal I found was the following...

15,000 mile lease 39 months no money down...SL AWD with leather package and premium package$439 per month ( tax included in payment) It is Black on Black.He also included free car washes for the full time I have the car.

Does this sound good?

Timmbo

hollisterohio wrote:I am ready to settle in on a Murano and after many back and forths with several dealers the best deal I found was the following...

15,000 mile lease 39 months no money down...SL AWD with leather package and premium package$439 per month ( tax included in payment) It is Black on Black.He also included free car washes for the full time I have the car.

Does this sound good?
Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum!

That is an awesome lease deal! I really don't think you can beat that price at all, that is a very aggressive dealer! Good for you, nice work, and go sign on that deal before it passes! LOL I am guessing the dealer has the actual vehicle on hand???

hollisterohio

yes... he has it on hand... we are going out there tomorrow to look at it and confirm everything. I am always very leary of things, so I will let you know how it turns out. I have printed out all of the email documentation just to make sure things don't change at all when I get there! I will let you know how it turns out. He stated the reason he can give me the good deal is b/c it it a model he has on his lot... I also like how he threw in the free car wash perk... nice touch.I will let you know. Thanks for your feeback, I feel a little more confident now.

Timmbo

Sounds like a sweet deal! I believe it will go through, I know it is a good deal, but I don't think that is impossible in anyway, I think you just caught the right dealer at the right time. Keep in mind this is the best time to buy from Nissan, their fiscal year ends in March, so they want to try and do what they can before then. Again, nice negotiating, you will surely enjoy the Murano!

jenntl

How does this sound?

LE Model 35023 Sale Price 555 Payment 830 Down 49% Residual 18654 Residual

Timmbo

jenntl wrote:How does this sound?

LE Model 35023 Sale Price 555 Payment 830 Down 49% Residual 18654 Residual
Happy New Year from NICOclub! Welcome to the Murano Forum!

I will be completely honest with you, if that is a lease, it really doesn't sound like all that great of a deal. I just want to make sure you get the very best deal possible. I am assuming that that is a 39 month lease, with 15k miles/year? Am I correct on that? Is tax included in the $555? Here is the thing, scroll up and you will see that hollisterohio will be getting a Murano that has a sticker price about $2000 - $3000 less than the LE you are looking at, however his payment is only $439 (including taxes) with NO MONEY DOWN. I am not saying you can get it for the same price, but I would be willing to bet you could get into the $460-$480 range with very little money down for 39 months and 15k/year. Here is another example, the other vehicle I drive is an '08 Armada. Sticker price was $53,000, I leased for 39 months, 15k/year, $380 down, and my payment is $620 (with taxes). Now, in my case the down payment was supposed to be $880, but they waived $500 because I was coming out of an Infiniti (Nissan product). E-mail me if you have any more questions, I would be glad to personally help you out, or post any questions here and I will reply within a day. Good luck dealing!

kendokuma

We did the initial deal on December 30th and picked up our Murano yesterday. After reviewing the paperwork discovered that they had used the wrong numbers, again! The manager confirmed the correct sale price and backed out the fee increases that they could not explain. When plugged into the computer our monthly payments were reduced by about $12.

Here is our deal in all its detail…

SL AWD:Tinted Bronze/Beige LeatherPremiumTechnologyLeatherMoon roofSplash GuardsFloor Mats.

MSRP: $37,525 (includes $780 destination charge)Sell Price : $31,419 (includes $780 destination charge)mf: 0.00208 ( APR of 4.99%)Miles/yr: 12kTerm: 39 monthsResidual: 56% ($21,014)Down Payment/trade in: $0 Out the door fees (ttl, etc): $1331.50Monthly payment: $406.21: $378.13 (depreciation & interest) + $28.08 (NJ Sales tax @ 7%)

The manager was not happy about this deal and my wife overheard him saying that they made no money on this car and that he was going to talk to the internet sales guy asap.

We look forward to enjoying this car as much as our last ride.

pking

Hey Kendokuma,

Thank you and every one else on the board for great info - I am looking to get a Murano in next 30 days and this info is awesome!

Your deal looks fantastic - I've been trying to recreate the numbers using the info you provided and am coming up with a lease of just under $450 per month (not including tax) - how did you get so much lower - has anyone else checked the math, hopefully its my spreadsheet that is off.

Also, general question, when in a lease is the tax piece only applied to the amount you will use ie: price paid - residual * tax rate / 39 months?

Thanks again

arch85

Hey guys, some time lurker, first time poster.

I am buying a new Murano SL AWD and here are the details:

'09 Murano SL AWDPremium PackageLeather PackageSplash GuardsMats

for 29999 + tax and registrations. << this is in the MA area.

Do you guys think it's a good price? should I go for it? Thank you very much!

Timmbo

arch85 wrote:Hey guys, some time lurker, first time poster.

I am buying a new Murano SL AWD and here are the details:

'09 Murano SL AWDPremium PackageLeather PackageSplash GuardsMats

for 29999 + tax and registrations. << this is in the MA area.

Do you guys think it's a good price? should I go for it? Thank you very much!
Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum. Sounds like a sweet deal to me, jump on that one, that is an excellent price!

jbushnell

I am interested in buying a 2009 Murano. Dealers are offering below invoice prices, but I want to make sure I get the best deal. Looking for your insight on two options. I live in Overland Park, KS. Looking also on the Missouri side (KC and Lee's Summit).

(1) NEW 2009 Murano S - FWDMSRP: $27680. Invoice: $25,540They are offering these for $22,999.

Is anyone seeing better prices? What room do I have to negotiate the Murano price? Can I negotiate with the destination fee ($780) or any of the basic features? (Splash guards, floor mats, cargo protector, etc.)

(2) Used 2009 Murano S - AWDMSRP: $29,280. Invoice: $26,975These were program cars (Enterprise Rental) and have 20K - 25K miles on them.Dealer is advertising for $19,990 and up. They also say they could add heated, leather seats. (I'm sure for a pretty penny.) They also say it can/will go through their Nissan used car certification.

I can't find pricing for used 2009 models. Is this a good price? Do I have negotiation room? What should I be concerned about (watch out for) regarding program cars?

We do plan to trade in a car. Thanks for your help.

yadrovm
Car: Murano

Hello all,

Just joined NICOclub, great site.

I'm looking at a Murano '09 SL Lease. Actually visited the dealer inquiring about the current S AWD with convenience package lease special on Nissan's website. It is $2,670 down + TTL, with $329 + Tax for 39 months. It expires Feb 2.

The dealer did not have an S model with AWD and convenience package, so they wanted to get me into an SL. First offer was high at $4895 down with $499/month. I said no thanks.

But they were not about to let me walk out just yet. Bottom line offer is this:

- Murano SL FWD (base MSRP = $28,420)- Platinum Graphite / Black- Splash Guards- Premium Package- Floor Mats (3 piece)- Cargo Area Protector- Roof Rack Cross bars- Tow Package- Destination Charge

Total MSRP $31,420

Sales Price $28,700Residual $16,024 (51%)Miles yr/ 12,000Term 39 monthsAll Scheduled Maintenance during the term of the leaseDown Payment $2,225, (includes 1st month's payment)Out the door fees (ttl, etc) = $0, (included in Down Payment)

Monthly Payment $369 + Tax ($395 total, 7% sales in FL)

I could not get a straight answer on the money factor. I was told the interest rate was about 3.98%, which is equivalent to a .001658 MF. But using the above, I calculate it to .00208, which is more like 5%.

If you back out the 1st months payment, the down payment would be in the range for ttl, so I see it basically as a zero, or little down deal (couple hundred or so).

Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks

Return to “Murano Forum”