Murano Price Paid / Lease Rate Thread

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
TDiddy

Hi All,

My mom is looking at a 2010 Murano and is asking my opinion. Problem is, she's in Pennsylvania and I'm in Iowa. I got this email from her local dealer this morning:

" I had the pleasure of talking to your mom today about a 2010 murano. The
> model she picked out was an sl awd 360 package. The vehicle has power
> windows, power locks, intelligent key, remote keyless entry, bluetooth, xm
> satallite radio, bose stereo with 6 cd changer. Dual panelmoonroof,
> leather, heated seats in the front. It is a nicely equipped vehicle. The
> msrp is 36960 we have a discount of 3881 {which is what we call a friends
> and family discount} including the 500 factory rebate from nissan. We are
> figuring her lexus trade in value @ 10,000.To bring us to a total of
> 23,079 + tax and tags which comes to 24,617..... We gave your mom the
> great deal because her friend xxxxxx brought her in and she is
> a relative of the sales manager whose name is xxxxx. If you have any
> further questions either call or email
> me back. The color of the car is saharan stone with blond leather. If you
> want to see this vehicle you can go to www.nissanusa.com and see the
> murano for yourself... Hope this helps any questions either call or email
> me back."

It doesn't seem like that great of a deal but I thought I'd ask the experts. What's invoice on these?

Thanks,
Tom

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

TDiddy wrote:Hi All,

My mom is looking at a 2010 Murano and is asking my opinion. Problem is, she's in Pennsylvania and I'm in Iowa. I got this email from her local dealer this morning:

" I had the pleasure of talking to your mom today about a 2010 murano. The
> model she picked out was an sl awd 360 package. The vehicle has power
> windows, power locks, intelligent key, remote keyless entry, bluetooth, xm
> satallite radio, bose stereo with 6 cd changer. Dual panelmoonroof,
> leather, heated seats in the front. It is a nicely equipped vehicle. The
> msrp is 36960 we have a discount of 3881 {which is what we call a friends
> and family discount} including the 500 factory rebate from nissan. We are
> figuring her lexus trade in value @ 10,000.To bring us to a total of
> 23,079 + tax and tags which comes to 24,617..... We gave your mom the
> great deal because her friend xxxxxx brought her in and she is
> a relative of the sales manager whose name is xxxxx. If you have any
> further questions either call or email
> me back. The color of the car is saharan stone with blond leather. If you
> want to see this vehicle you can go to http://www.nissanusa.com and see the
> murano for yourself... Hope this helps any questions either call or email
> me back."

It doesn't seem like that great of a deal but I thought I'd ask the experts. What's invoice on these?

Thanks,
Tom
I would check with one or two more dealers. Ask them what their best deal is on literally the identical vehicle (colors don't matter). Then you will certainly have your answer. Good luck!

rustwood

TDiddy wrote:
The msrp is 36960 we have a discount of 3881 {which is what we call a friends
and family discount} including the 500 factory rebate from nissan.
I am by no means an expert, but FWIW, I just bought one very similar to that here in PA, only my list was $190 more (probably crossbars). According to Edmunds.com (and other places I checked), invoice was $34011. The Edmunds TMV is showing $34,049 now (it may have been less than that last week). I paid invoice minus 1% - which is $33,660 - without the rebate (the financing was a much better deal for me). It seems to me that if your Mom got the same deal that I did, it would be ~ $550 less than what she was quoted.

Russ

Timmbo

Any recent fabulous deals folks? Lets hear about your purchase or lease experience here!!! Share the details, how great of deal did you get????

Qat
Car: '10 Murano SL

- 2010 SL 2WD, Tinted Bronze/Beige
- Premium Package
- Leather Package
- 360 Package
- Accessory Value Group (Illuminated door sills, crossbars)
- Splash Guards
- Carpeted Mats and Cargo Liner
- Wheel locks
- Nitrogen kit for tires (meh)
- Total MSRP: $35, 495 (looks like they didn't add the locks or nitro to the sticker)
- Purchase price: $30,000 DO (drive off - means all tax and fees included)
- Dealer threw in: All weather floor mats and cargo liner (and I also kept the carpeted ones), and stainless bumper protector

With a little more amiable stubbornness, I think I could have got them down to 29,000 - 29,500 (without the all weather liners and bumper protector), but I thought it was close enough with the extra goodies.
Last edited by Qat on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timmbo

Qat wrote:- 2010 SL 2WD, Tinted Bronze/Beige
- Premium Package
- Leather Package
- 360 Package
- Accessory Value Group (Illuminated door sills, crossbars)
- Splash Guards
- Carpeted Mats and Cargo Liner
- Wheel locks
- Nitrogen kit for tires (meh)
- Total MSRP: $35, 495 (looks like they didn't add the locks or nitro to the sticker)
- Purchase price: $30,000
- Dealer threw in: All weather floor mats and cargo liner (and I also kept the carpeted ones), and stainless bumper protector

With a little more amiable stubbornness, I think I could have got them down to 29,000 - 29,500 (without the all weather liners and bumper protector), but I thought it was close enough with the extra goodies.
Sorry for the late greetings, but WELCOME TO THE MURANO FORUM! Thanks for posting up your purchase experience. That is a splendid deal that you scored on what I feel is the best color on the Murano, I love Tinted Bronze! Enjoy the new ride! :bigthumb:

Qat
Car: '10 Murano SL

Thanks for the welcome, Timmbo. I am indeed enjoying the Murano. I traded in a Jeep Commander (which I also enjoyed) for it, and I'm still getting used the the short wheelbase and relative 'lightness', which translates into a bumpier ride. But it's a solid vehicle, handles nicely, and is not too thirsty. Plus it came loaded with goodies - I'm particularly enjoying the iPod integration.
Timmbo wrote:Sorry for the late greetings, but WELCOME TO THE MURANO FORUM! Thanks for posting up your purchase experience. That is a splendid deal that you scored on what I feel is the best color on the Murano, I love Tinted Bronze! Enjoy the new ride! :bigthumb:

Timmbo

If you just purchased or leased a new Murano...............WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT! Post your details here, so we can all compare to see who got the best deal and to help those that are in the market! :)

lbraga565
Car: 2011 Nissan Murano SE

Hello all here is what I just picked up last week:

new 2011 Nissan Murrano SE ( black on black )

Nav/Music box/xm radio
matts / mud guards
front and back bumper guards (pipes)
camera
dual moon roofs
roof crossbars

sticker price was $40,390

my price was $ 31,900 + tax + trade in (4000) = $39,475

Timmbo

Dude!!!! That is an awesome deal! Nice work! BTW, welcome to NICOclub! We are thrilled to have you as a new member of the Murano Forum!

Happy Holidays and enjoy the new ride! :)

unity520

I leased a new 2010 SL AWD with the 360, leather, premium package, floor mats, splash guards, cargo cover. I think I got a good deal. 440 a month zero down. The car was stickered 36 and i got it for about 32. I could have got the navi but it was like 480 a month. I have 2 navi hand helds, and figured I rather pay off some bills with the extra 40 a month. I prob could have done better if I went to a few more dealers. But I cant stand dealing with some of these slime bags. I went to one dealer got a price of 498 for a 2010 LE with navi, then when i sat with the finance guy the price changed to 537 with 2500 down. I stormed out.

Timmbo

unity520 wrote:I leased a new 2010 SL AWD with the 360, leather, premium package, floor mats, splash guards, cargo cover. I think I got a good deal. 440 a month zero down. The car was stickered 36 and i got it for about 32. I could have got the navi but it was like 480 a month. I have 2 navi hand helds, and figured I rather pay off some bills with the extra 40 a month. I prob could have done better if I went to a few more dealers. But I cant stand dealing with some of these slime bags. I went to one dealer got a price of 498 for a 2010 LE with navi, then when i sat with the finance guy the price changed to 537 with 2500 down. I stormed out.
Happy Holidays and welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you as a valued member of the Murano Forum.

Sounds like a great deal to me! Enjoy the new Murano!

desertdogs
Car: 2011 Murano LE AWD

On order - should be here in early January 2011.

2011 Murano LE AWD
Glacier Pearl
Splash Guards
Nav
Bumper Protector
Floor Mats
Illuminated Door Sills
MSRP - $42,480
Invoice - $39,016
USAA Price - $37,916

I used USAA Car Buying Service which is Great!! No hassle - now just have to wait. Replacing a 2006 Honda Pilot which I really liked. Hope the MO is just as good or better.

Timmbo

desertdogs wrote:On order - should be here in early January 2011.

2011 Murano LE AWD
Glacier Pearl
Splash Guards
Nav
Bumper Protector
Floor Mats
Illuminated Door Sills
MSRP - $42,480
Invoice - $39,016
USAA Price - $37,916

I used USAA Car Buying Service which is Great!! No hassle - now just have to wait. Replacing a 2006 Honda Pilot which I really liked. Hope the MO is just as good or better.
Happy New Year! Welcome to NICOclub! Congrats on the upcoming purchase! That is an awesome deal on the LE! You will love those 20" rims, they look sweet on the Murano!

mdawg4x4
Car: 2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC 4X4
2011 Nissan Murano
2006 Nissan Sentra
1963 Nissan Patrol

At Timmbo's request:
Purchased from Cannon Nissan in Jackson, MS. Call Darrin Lilly.
No wheelin' dealin' on my purchase. And I didn't trade anything in. I work for Nissan and get an employee price. Sorry nothing I can divulge.
However, I can get anybody considered to be a friend a small discount on any new Nissan or Infiniti. Just shoot me a PM a couple days in advance when you are serious. I can only do 4 per year. The VPP # is good for 90 days.

Timmbo

mdawg4x4 wrote:At Timmbo's request:
No wheelin' dealin' on my purchase. And I didn't trade anything in. I work for Nissan and get an employee price. Sorry nothing I can divulge.
However, I can get anybody considered to be a friend a small discount on any new Nissan or Infiniti. Just shoot me a PM a couple days in advance when you are serious. I can only do 4 per year. The VPP # is good for 90 days.
I have a friend at the Canton plant, I was able to purchase my Armada using VPP, so rest assured, I know you got a great deal! My parents got an Altima Coupe with red leather interior as well!

Anyway, enjoy the Murano!

mdawg4x4
Car: 2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC 4X4
2011 Nissan Murano
2006 Nissan Sentra
1963 Nissan Patrol

Timmbo wrote:
mdawg4x4 wrote:At Timmbo's request:
I have a friend at the Canton plant, I was able to purchase my Armada using VPP, so rest assured, I know you got a great deal! My parents got an Altima Coupe with red leather interior as well!

Anyway, enjoy the Murano!
One of our Directors is from WI. Wouldn't happen to be Stogie, would it?

Timmbo

No, don't know him.

NYMURANO
Car: 2011 MURANO SV AWD Platinum Graphite
2010 Mazda CX9 GT AWD Brilliant Black

Hello Everyone! I am new here and picking up my 2011 Murano SV Platinum Graphite on Saturday. This will be my second Murano. First one i had was in 2005 for 3 years and moved into an Altima SL and big mistake. Way too small for me. I had 6 more months left on my lease with the altima but i wanted out early and decided to call my Nissan dealer who i have been dealing with for years. He basically ate my 6 months(not rolled into payment) 12,000 miles per year 39 month lease and taxes out of pocket only. My lease payment is $365.00 per month and think i did very well. This is my 6th Nissan from that dealership so i think they did right by me. Look forward to sharing stories with everyone.
Regards
Jack

Timmbo

CONGRATS!!!! Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you in the Murano family! What a great time to buy as Nissan is closing in on the end of their fiscal year! Nice lease rate! Enjoy the new ride my friend. :)

NYMURANO

Timmbo wrote:CONGRATS!!!! Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you in the Murano family! What a great time to buy as Nissan is closing in on the end of their fiscal year! Nice lease rate! Enjoy the new ride my friend. :)
Thank you. Glad I found this forum. Will snap some pics when probably this weekend upon pick up. Wondering how it compares to the 2005. I was pleased with it and i am sure they improved on my 2005.

Timmbo

We love pictures! They made huge changes inside and out in 2009, and some exterior freshening for 2011. You will love it!

NYMURANO

Timmbo wrote:We love pictures! They made huge changes inside and out in 2009, and some exterior freshening for 2011. You will love it!
Nice. Cant wait to pick it up. Didnt even go into the dealership just spoke to my guy over the phone and winging it this time around...lol..I know i wont be disappointed and adds to the excitement. I do have a question if you can help me out. My question is does the second moon roof open or is it just glass?

Timmbo

Just glass, sorry my friend, but it is cool how the shade opens and closes on both of them at the same time.

NYMURANO

Timmbo wrote:Just glass, sorry my friend, but it is cool how the shade opens and closes on both of them at the same time.
Thank you. My son will get a kick out of it.

Timmbo

Yes, kids do love that, and it is nice having the extra light in the vehicle. I cannot stand being in a vehicle without a moon roof.

So how is the new ride treating you? Any questions?

NYMURANO

I love it. Much better then my 2005. Came with some other goodies that i did not expect. Cross bars, rear chrome bumper protector, cargo cover. So those were an added bonus for me. Also found out i can get a better deal on it. Turns out my new payment now is $325.00 a month...I was blown away. I have never spent that little on a vehicle with the options this murano has. I think I stole this from Nissan and checking my front window everyday to see if the authorities are coming for me...lol. My son loves the his own personal moon roof. The ride is so smooth and very nimble. Fit and finish is excellent. I am very satisfied with my murano. Love the color screen and white gauges. The color is beautiful and will be very easy to maintain unlike my black cx9...lol.

Timmbo

Awesome to hear! It is cute how much kids get into the new vehicles. My 4 year old tells one of his friends that his daddy's truck is faster this his dad's truck. It is pretty funny, but lets face it, a Dodge simply cannot compete with a Nissan! LOL!

Sounds like you did get a sweet deal, enjoy the new ride!!!!!!!!

NYMURANO

Timmbo wrote:Awesome to hear! It is cute how much kids get into the new vehicles. My 4 year old tells one of his friends that his daddy's truck is faster this his dad's truck. It is pretty funny, but lets face it, a Dodge simply cannot compete with a Nissan! LOL!

Sounds like you did get a sweet deal, enjoy the new ride!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Very fun to ride. My son called it the silver bullet race truck...lol..He is 4 1/2 and yes it will whoop a dodge..lol. My 2005 pretty much wiped the floors with anything i went up against. They take time to break in and you can actually feel its being held back until its broken in fully.

Timmbo

Yes of course, take it easy till she's broken in! :) ENJOY!

Return to “Murano Forum”